Games Game Dev: Project Origin

Tyler Beta

Fookin' laser sights!!!!
This thread is gonna be about the Fan Game I am working on called "Project Origin." I will be posting updates about it here and if you have any ideas about it, just drop 'em here.

I am looking for help with this project. If you would like to help, hit me up.

Last edited:
First off, what is this fan project about. Second, I can give you a ton of reasons to not make a fan project but yo build your own IP.

Project Origin will be about exploring the past. Pokemon have changed over time to adapt to new environments, and we will be exploring the possibilities of what Pokemon have looked like/done in the past.

Project Origin will be about exploring the past. Pokemon have changed over time to adapt to new environments, and we will be exploring the possibilities of what Pokemon have looked like/done in the past.

That sounds like a cool idea to me but as a indie game designer, I'm going to have to tell you to stop right there. The difference between a fan game and your own IP is what you decide to call it. Calling it Pokemon means you can't own it and something like this can take years to make. What you should do is make your own creatures, based on real world animals and explore that. You can have that Pokemon feel if you wish but you can call it your own creation. So I tell you as a person interested in this idea to not make a Pokemon game but craft it to your very own game that could compete with Pokemon.

That sounds like a cool idea to me but as a indie game designer, I'm going to have to tell you to stop right there. The difference between a fan game and your own IP is what you decide to call it. Calling it Pokemon means you can't own it and something like this can take years to make. What you should do is make your own creatures, based on real world animals and explore that. You can have that Pokemon feel if you wish but you can call it your own creation. So I tell you as a person interested in this idea to not make a Pokemon game but craft it to your very own game that could compete with Pokemon.
Thanks for the advice, mind messaging me. I would like to talk about some ideas

Back