• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format (Future)Tyrano Heart Tyrantrum

Senorsmith

Aspiring Trainer
I need help finishing up my deck list for Tyrantrum. So far I have:

Pokemon 13
4 Tyrunt(SM6)
4 Tyrantrum(SM6)
1 Diancie Prism Star(SM6)
2 Rampardos(SM5)
2 Shining Celebi(SM3+?)

Supporter 10
3 Cynthia (SM5)
2 Kukui (SM1)
2 Guzma (SM3)
2 Judge(SM6)
1 Volkner(SM5)

Items 22
4 Fossil Excavation map (SM6)
4 Mysterious Fossils (SM5)
2 Rare candy (SM1)
4 Ultra ball
2 Choice band
2 Wish Baton
2 Nest ball
2 Pal pad

Stadium 1
1 Brooklet hill(SM2?)

Energy 12
9 basic Fighting
2 Counter Energy
1 Super Boost Energy Prism star

The strategy is to utilize Tyrantrums Tyrani heart ability in combination with Shining Celibi to allow it to attack using tyrunts 2 attacks while charging up for his own attack. With Tyrano heart in effect, Tyrunts version of crunch does a whopping 80 damage for 1 energy with a 50% chance to discard energy off of their active pokemon. Add in Diancies effect and a choice band, perhaps kukui as well for up to 150 for 1 energy, 170 for 2, and if you manage to get 3 onto it, 230!!

I have added Rampardos in as well, since they both stem from mysterious fossil, as a situational emergency attacker, hitting evolved pokemon for 120 with 1 energy, and the potential threat to take down any basic pokemon for 3.

Since the aim is to use Tyrunts attack, the rare candies are more for the rampardos and maybe a Tyrano heart wall to soak up damage.

My biggest issues are what other pokemon should I add in, as I need pokemon to start with. Would BuzzwoleGX be an option? Or perhaps Lycanroc(Midnight)GX for its Bloody Eye ability?

I am trying use only SM era cards for this deck, otherwise id be trying out carbink BREAK and fossil researchers (as they are still part of "standard" in Japan)

All feedback and comments are appreciated!

-hill, its only gd for diancie, +1 judge for draw support. Cut 1 rampardos and 3 tyrunt for 2 rare candy and 2 rockruff. Cut 2 fighting for lycanrocs, secondary attacker/bloodthirsty eyes. Cut palpads, not really going to be using, for +1 oranguru sum and +1 nest ball for the ruffs. Cut batons and add +1 band and +1 Guzma. The 2 spots 1 rockruff 1 lycanroc gx

I'd add in 4 Steam Siege Talonflame into the list. Like with Rampardos, they work in the deck because they help you get set up.

Wow I finally got some replies to this! Thank you so much for the advice!

PlatinumDude, about the talonflames,I actuall tried that build out with Rampardos and it worked quite nicely! However, I was trying to use this deck with SM only because the only time I'm able to play in a shop is when the have an event thats SM only, but outside of that I have no issue using anything in XY (for now). Any extra ideas involving semi-expanded then? Sadly expanded is not a qidely played format in Japan, but the teade off is "Standard" is XY and SM right now

PokemonTCGLover, if I understand correctly, do you mean make it a total of 3-3 for lycanroc GX? If I am adding the rockruffs wouldnt that make brooklet hill useful again? Also I would like to avoid removing so many tyrunts, because that will prevent the combo with celebii and being about to attack for 1-2 energy while building up to the 3rd energy. Would I also need to many Lycanrocs if im running so many Guzma? Since I am not running any DCE, the lycanroc would be nice for the GX attack, but to use his normal attack id have to give him 3 energy, of which i could be using for the tyrantrum.

Originally I was confused as to why you're running Volkner over Skyla (for item hunting), but then I saw you're playing SM onward. I'm guessing you meant Unidentified Fossil? Since Mysterious Fossil isn't Standard ;)
I wouldn't run BK; as @PokemonTCGLover said it's only good for Diance

Alola Vulpix would be a great addition to replace Talonflame as it searches your evolutions, you could add in a Ninetails gx for the gx attacks (or snipes) and a Safeguard Ninetails just for stall.

If he cuts on the tyrunts then Celebi is a nonbo with rare candy. Rare candy already is a nonbo and I feel like it should be one or the other.

Also is there a way to loop fossils that isn't map? You might not need it as you probably won't get more than 4 lines up, but I feel like it could be important as 3-4 sounds a bit low to reliably win the game.

I'm saying run a 3-3 Lycanroc, and aim for a rare candy into Tyrantrum/Rampardos. This will not only increase damage output, but also make the deck faster overall. Brooklet hill would be useful actually, so play it instead of all the nest balls i mentioned, due to it also allowing you to do a deck scan. Perhaps you could play more Volkner in place of the Celebis allowing you to set up faster. However, make sure you do not bench too many pokemon, if not tyrano heart will not turn on.

I'm saying run a 3-3 Lycanroc, and aim for a rare candy into Tyrantrum/Rampardos. This will not only increase damage output, but also make the deck faster overall. Brooklet hill would be useful actually, so play it instead of all the nest balls i mentioned, due to it also allowing you to do a deck scan. Perhaps you could play more Volkner in place of the Celebis allowing you to set up faster. However, make sure you do not bench too many pokemon, if not tyrano heart will not turn on.
The only Brooklet Hill target in this deck is Diancie; after this, it's dead weight and Buzzwole/Greninja/Zygarde decks are now free to use it against you by setting up faster.

Shining Celebi is in the deck so Tyrantrum can use Tyrunt's cheaper Crunch.

Back