• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Future Sun and Moon Deck: Primarina GX!

GolurkChamp2597

Long Time Champion
Hey guys, I thought today I would post a deck that caught my attention because of how destructive it could be. Meet Primarina GX. If you wonder what this Pokemon can do, think of it like a Water Variant of Darkrai EX, but a bulkier, more supported Pokemon. Unfortunately, we don't know all of the Sun and Moon cards yet, but I wanted to post this to show off how incredible this deck can be.

Pokemon: 19
3 Palkia EX
4 Popplio
2 Brionne (as far as we know, you can Rare Candy into a GX)
4 Primarina GX
2 Manaphy EX
2 Remoraid
2 Octillery

Trainer Cards: 30
4 Professor Sycamore
2 N
1 Hex Maniac
1 Pokemon Ranger
1 Lysandre

4 Trainer's Mail
4 VS Seeker
3 Rare Candy
4 Ultra Ball
2 Super Rod
1 Escape Rope

2 Rough Seas

Energy: 12
12 Basic Water Energy

As you can see, the deck is built as similar to Darkrai as possible, while still relying heavily on water support. I hope you guys can give me some feedback, thanks :D

Anthony Orosco

Aspiring Trainer
Firstly, @Calcab is right. Dive ball is amazing in this deck. We should get these cards before Primal Clash rotates, so Dive ball and Rare Candy will be available till rotation.

I like the Palkia, however since it takes at least 2 turns to power up, I would suggest a few Fighting Fury Belt. Seeing as this deck isn't the speediest thing ever, I would -2 Super rod and +1 Brocks Grit. It can be retrieved via VS Seeker and is really great late game to grab back Energy or Pokemon. The reason I mentioned speed is because Brocks Grit isn't great in speed decks like MRay or Rainbow Road because they need to use a draw Supporter to keep up. I personally run 1 BG in Rainbow Road because if I'm board sweeping, then I can afford to use up my Supporter for the turn to shuffle some things back into my deck. But I digress.

Escape Rope is a tiny bit redundant since you run 2 Manaphy EX. I would take it out and add in 2 Max Elixer (One for the empty space from Escape Rope, and one for the empty space for Super Rod). We saw first hand how influential can be a few months ago at Regionals, and personally if you're trying to imitate Darkrai EX then you need at least 2 of these.

Besides that, this deck is fairly promising and it definitely looks good on paper. I would hope to see Stage 1 and Stage 2 Pokemon return to the competitive scene. You got my support!:)