• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Freezing, Riotous, Bloodthirsty Eyes {Zoroark GX/Lycanroc GX/Glaceon GX}

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Hello Pokebeachers, I present to you, my Zoro/Lycan/Glaceon deck!

Pokemon-22

4 Zorua BKT
4 Zoroark GX SHL
4 Rockruff GRI
4 Lycanroc GX GRI
2 Tapu Lele GX
3 Eevee SM
3 Glaceon GX ULP

Trainers- 28

4 Ultra Ball SUM
2 Field Blower GRI
3 Choice Band GRI
2 Float Stone SUM
1 Rescue Stretcher GRI
1 Nest Ball SUM
3 Brooklet Hill GRI
3 Sycamore BKT
3 Cynthia ULP
2 Guzma BUS
3 Switch SUM
1 Pal Pad ULP

Energy-8

4 Double Colorless Energy
2 Water Energy
2 Rainbow Energy (Or Blend Energy {ULP}. whatever you prefer)

Total Cards- 60

The strat is: (When fully set up)

-Get Glaceon GX in active (Via Switch)
- Lock your opponents from abilities
- Evolve Rockruff into Lycanroc GX
- Switch in One of your opponents Pokemon that is charged up w/energy or is a high threat to be dealt with.
- Pass to your opponent (Attacking w/Glaceon or not)
- Put Float on Glaceon GX
- Retreat into Zoroark GX
- Use Riotous Beating for big numbers w/Choice Band!

Let me know what you think!

Last edited:
I feel like running 3 different stage 1s could be pretty clunky, though I haven't tested it

I don't have to test to yell you this is clunky glaceon is stronger on it's own or with other water types to take advantage of aqua patch not to just come in and block abilities(not items) for one turn like your strat mentioned. From there your build lacks what could make your deck more consistent such as briggete and mallow

Honestly, running all 3 is ridiculously clunky. With 2 Water Energy, you will never, ever hit T1 Glaceon. It just won't happen. Drop the Lycanrocs, a 2-2 Zoroark line, Nest Ball, the Rainbows, the Brooklets (not sure why you ran this anyways it only gets Rockruff), the Switches, and add 6 more Water Energy, 3 Ns, 2 Brigette, and a third Guzma, as well as a third Float, 1 E Hammer, 4 Po Town, a fourth Eevee, a Koko, and an Espeon-EX.

Hi AFEX,

I believe that you want to do a little too much with this deck. Glaceon GX does not benefit much from the other two attackers and the chances to have it out turn one are slim with no more than two Basic Water Energy. Consider to focus on two of the three evolution lines and let us know more about what the deck is intended to accomplish. This will help us to tailor our proposals to the tactic that you had in mind.

If you want to have a strong focus on Glaceon GX also consider to include Cyrus Prism Star since Glaceon GX tends to benefit a lot from it. Glaceon GX locks down turn one Tapu Lele GX into Brigette but keep in mind that the deck does not always start first and might not always get a turn one Glaceon GX out. Cyrus Prism Star is an ideal diruption card for Glaceon GX. Potential partners are Zoroark GX or any Water Pokémon that benefits from Aqua Patch and is able to achieve a ohko. Examples would be either Alolan Ninetales GX or Lapras GX.

Hope this provides some initial assistance.

This looks like a total clunkfest, and as much as I rack my brain to find a way to de-clunk it, I just don't think it is possible.

Hi AFEX,

I believe that you want to do a little too much with this deck. Glaceon GX does not benefit much from the other two attackers and the chances to have it out turn one are slim with no more than two Basic Water Energy. Consider to focus on two of the three evolution lines and let us know more about what the deck is intended to accomplish. This will help us to tailor our proposals to the tactic that you had in mind.

If you want to have a strong focus on Glaceon GX also consider to include Cyrus Prism Star since Glaceon GX tends to benefit a lot from it. Glaceon GX locks down turn one Tapu Lele GX into Brigette but keep in mind that the deck does not always start first and might not always get a turn one Glaceon GX out. Cyrus Prism Star is an ideal diruption card for Glaceon GX. Potential partners are Zoroark GX or any Water Pokémon that benefits from Aqua Patch and is able to achieve a ohko. Examples would be either Alolan Ninetales GX or Lapras GX.

Hope this provides some initial assistance.

I guess my broad/general goal was to have Glaceon GX be a thorn in the side, then flip into Zoro for some damage.

Point is, as soon as you turn in Zoroark for damage, the thorn in the side is gone.
Focus more on Glaceon as an attacker.
Having all three pokemons is really clunky, as already said by a dozen people, but if you really wanna play all of them, the less cluncky way to do it is cutting. Run a 2-2 line of Lycanroc, and a 3-2 of Zoroark if you wanna get the draws. Be warned that this will not be really competitive, since it would be better to pair it with only one pokemon and thicken the lines to have consistency. I'd put 2 evo-sodas to get the glaceon turn 2 in case you miss the energy, also putting Zoroark in, you can always discard them with Zoroark afterward if you don't use them. More Water energies, if you really want the Lycanroc it will hurt consistency, and you can't go over 2 fighting/strong energies with him. Cut the switch, cut the Nest Ball, the Brooklet Hill, put in a Mallow to combo with Zoroark, at least 2 Brigettes, put 2 N in, need it to remove cardds from aggro opponents.

Point is, as soon as you turn in Zoroark for damage, the thorn in the side is gone.
Focus more on Glaceon as an attacker.
Having all three pokemons is really clunky, as already said by a dozen people, but if you really wanna play all of them, the less cluncky way to do it is cutting. Run a 2-2 line of Lycanroc, and a 3-2 of Zoroark if you wanna get the draws. Be warned that this will not be really competitive, since it would be better to pair it with only one pokemon and thicken the lines to have consistency. I'd put 2 evo-sodas to get the glaceon turn 2 in case you miss the energy, also putting Zoroark in, you can always discard them with Zoroark afterward if you don't use them. More Water energies, if you really want the Lycanroc it will hurt consistency, and you can't go over 2 fighting/strong energies with him. Cut the switch, cut the Nest Ball, the Brooklet Hill, put in a Mallow to combo with Zoroark, at least 2 Brigettes, put 2 N in, need it to remove cardds from aggro opponents.

I 100% agree with what you said, but in your statement you said to run Evo-Soda's. Hasn't that card rotated? Because I believe GEN rotated?

I 100% agree with what you said, but in your statement you said to run Evo-Soda's. Hasn't that card rotated? Because I believe GEN rotated?
Don't worry my dude, Generation is still in town.

Back