Four Scrapped Gen I Pokemon Designs Revealed for the First Time!

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
Really cool to see news like this. Pokémon has such a rich history and I feel like I'm always learning something new. With this headline, I can say I stand by that statement.

pine_ddog

Chaotic Neuteral
I think good calls overall, would love to have seen them as Pokemon, but they're pretty generic designs overall.

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
I love when this kind of stuff surfaces! I'm so fascinated by the beta stuff.

Does that crocodile character seem familiar to anyone else? It feels like I've seen something nearly identical elsewhere.

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
Watch for headcanons and fan art to appear everywhere on modernizing these designs. Not that it's a bad thing - this is pretty neat!

Shishigami

Aspiring Trainer
Ooooo James Turner keeping it real.

At first I thought it would had been the recent Gorochu buzz which I wish every time I think of it that it can still be applied in the future. It looks like it could be my favourite pokémon along with Kadabra, Missingno and ???.

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
Huh, I was just playing Pokemon Red on an old game boy walking to work and then saw this.

The one above Venomat though, looks either screwed up or is high on something.

Hackzo23

Nerd? i prefer the term, intellectual badass
This may be a bit of a stretch, quite a big stretch actually, but maybe Nintendo releasing all these unused Pokémon (these 4 and gorochu last week) means we may get them in the switch? Maybe not exactly what’s pictured here but an updated version.
With rumors and leaks of Gen 1 reboot and all these reveals of older Pokémon, seems too much to be a coincidence.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
This is such a cool story; it shows how ambitious they wanted to make the first Pokemon games, but also interesting in the fact these 4 unused, scrapped ideas got new life as Pokemon in later Generations.

I guess it comes full circle.