'Forbidden Light,' Japan's SM6 Set!

TincanRiolu

Can’t afford Leles :l
I kinda wish that Tropical Shake could utilize more discarded energy.... Alolan Exeggutor needs more competitive attention

TincanRiolu

Can’t afford Leles :l
I kinda wish that Tropical Shake could utilize more discarded energy.... Alolan Exeggutor needs more competitive attention
Maybe it could be a one-prize in togue Alolan Exeggutor GX decks... doubt it though since they don't really go together...

Wechselbalg

brb
This Exeggutor has no synergy whatsoever with the GX one, if anything it has to be its own deck+techs...but it's still questionable if it's going to work at all - maybe if Zygarde-GX becomes popular.

Dar Ksereth

Aspiring Trainer
Maybe it could be a one-prize in togue Alolan Exeggutor GX decks... doubt it though since they don't really go together...
160 hp is quite bulky for a stage 1, i'm thinking of making a lol (an) deck with slush rush sandslash acting as a 1-prize card drawer (poor man's zoroark) while exeggutor does zoroark damage.

good? lol no i seriously doubt it, but it will be fun.

pokeraider123456

Aspiring Trainer
160 hp is quite bulky for a stage 1, i'm thinking of making a lol (an) deck with slush rush sandslash acting as a 1-prize card drawer (poor man's zoroark) while exeggutor does zoroark damage.

good? lol no i seriously doubt it, but it will be fun.
its almost like 1-prize golispod attacker. definitely have to use choice band or dumbells . in expanded you can muscle band and use battle compressor.

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
I have the feeling that the Exeggutor deck is going to be a flop given that Tropical Shake needs multiple different energies to use effectively. Of course, it might depend on whether the deck has methods to get the energy straight into the discard. Theme decks aren't known for having more than 2 different energy types in them; the exceptions I can think of are both of the theme decks from the Skyridge set.

And now I'll predict what pack art will be used for Forbidden Light in PTCGO: either Naganadel or Ultra Necrozma. The latter may be unlikely, considering that one of Necrozma's formes was already used for Ultra Prism (Dusk Mane). Greninja is very unlikely, considering that Breakpoint already used Greninja Break.
Well, depending on how the deck is themed, there can be more than 2 types of energy. However, structure decks are basically, skeleton decks. Most of the time people have to provide the staple cards that they are lacking. So, Exeggutor may flop or not. Until the product is distributed, the contents will remain unknown. IMO

Kapu Riki

Spilling the T, sipping the Tapu Cocoa
I'm happy about the Lycanroc theme deck... but one day we will get my Tapu Bulu and Tapu Fini theme decks -.-

SquirtleRules

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
There are a lot of cards here with combination potential, and worth testing. For example, Malamar adds a lot of value to Lunala GX and Mewtwo GX (separately and together).

Greninja GX is also interesting, and if testing can figure out how to optimize those evolutions (Zoarark and D-sprays are the obvious choice, but I don't think its that easy), with repeats, than this has mileage since his ability to disappear (when damaged, and he has 230 HP so it's not easy to IHKO) is subtly defensive. Cyrus works incredibly well in this deck to focus the Ninja damage.

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
Ahh, the set art!

Something I appreciate for a single day now that it's mentioned and brought to mind......only to just forget about it the next day.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Thanks @Water Pokémon Master

Best ETB to date.

Is someone tell me what the set symbol means?

That Alolan Exeggutor card needs to adjust due to the fact that box art is so tall. The window lowers a few inches than the standard size

Last edited by a moderator: