'Forbidden Light,' Japan's SM6 Set!

Mr. Mirek

Aspiring Trainer
Naganadel VS Xurkitree will be a fun matchup! But Naganadel will make for some quick games. It'll be a game of guts. Who wants to use their GX attack first. I predict Xurkitree for the win!

KK-Swizzle

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I think ultra necrozma and naganadel will both see a lot of play...naganadel probably with buzzwole cuz it attacks for colorless energy, and UN w/ Malamar and evo new to copy attacks, I seriously think both can compete with zoroarks recent dominance!

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
I'm one happy camper. It's a shame that Ultra Necrozma would make you discard Beast Energy when you attack, though. Ah well, it's still pretty strong.

doubleb036

Jolteon GX Hopeful
Advanced Member
So wait, Naganadel GX can basically use a Zoroark attack for free in expanded? (with Dimension Valley) ... uhm, busted much???

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
I'm one happy camper. It's a shame that Ultra Necrozma would make you discard Beast Energy when you attack, though. Ah well, it's still pretty strong.

Ultra Necrozma GX only discards Basic Psychic Energy. This means that both Beast Energy and Unit Energy will remain attached.

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
Ultra Necrozma GX only discards Basic Psychic Energy. This means that both Beast Energy and Unit Energy will remain attached.
Welp, I'm blind. I literally read the two one after the other and still made that mistake. Whoops.

Hey, that means you could Photon Geyser for 20 damage. Not particularly useful, but kinda fun to imagine this massive Ultra Beast that can easily hit one-shots doing 20 damage with the exact same attack.

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
Welp, I'm blind. I literally read the two one after the other and still made that mistake. Whoops.

Hey, that means you could Photon Geyser for 20 damage. Not particularly useful, but kinda fun to imagine this massive Ultra Beast that can easily hit one-shots doing 20 damage with the exact same attack.
Which is why nobody should be using unit or rainbow energy with it it's completely pointless

KazamEsper

Aspiring Trainer
So... considering the Ultra Necrozma and Beast Energy placements, I'm pretty sure it's not possible for there to be 15 Trainers in this set. The only "negotiable" card I find between 95 and 117 is Beast Ball, but obviously if that's not in the English set, we're sitting at 14 Trainers.
there is the possibility of some of the good and cool looking Ultra Force cards not being included in the english Forbidden light set. Because of this, i am going to search and get Ultra Force and Forbidden Light at SakuraCon. How? because i have seen the japanese card sets of X&Y in the exhibition hall in 2016. But was too stupid not to get any. I want Ultra Recon Squad to be in the english set of Forbidden Light. If not, im getting the japanese set(s). Or hope to find them at the Convention.

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
So... considering the Ultra Necrozma and Beast Energy placements, I'm pretty sure it's not possible for there to be 15 Trainers in this set. The only "negotiable" card I find between 95 and 117 is Beast Ball, but obviously if that's not in the English set, we're sitting at 14 Trainers.

...If Eevee is cut, what about same-set Sylveon?

14 Trainers is too little to manage w/o some analysis, and maybe turning at least one card to secret-rare-only in English...

I believe the more logical cards that can be cut would be Lillie(last printed in ULP(Ultra Prism), and printed again in Japan's version of FBL(Forbidden Light)), Furfou, and the RA Unit Energy FDY(called Unit Energy FDF in Japan's setlist) in order to make room for Beast Ball(It)(SM-P) Ultra Space(St)(ULF(Japan-subset Ultra Force(which will be meshed into the English FBL)), and Wake(Su)(ULF)...

If they don't cut either from the English, they may have to make hard choices: Should they move staples such as rare candy, ultra ball, among other possibilities in the staple category, to the next set, in order to make room for an amount of incoming Ultra Force cards that is significant enough to not disappoint fans further?

Last edited:

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
...If Eevee is cut, what about same-set Sylveon?

14 Trainers is too little to manage w/o some analysis, and maybe turning at least one card to secret-rare-only in English...

I believe the more logical cards that can be cut would be Lillie(last printed in ULP(Ultra Prism), and printed again in Japan's version of FBL(Forbidden Light)), Furfou, and the RA Unit Energy FDY(called Unit Energy FDF in Japan's setlist) in order to make room for Beast Ball(It)(SM-P) Ultra Space(St)(ULF(Japan-subset Ultra Force(which will be meshed into the English FBL)), and Wake(Su)(ULF)...

If they don't cut either from the English, they may have to make hard choices: Should they move staples such as rare candy, ultra ball, among other possibilities in the staple category, to the next set, in order to make room for an amount of incoming Ultra Force cards that is significant enough to not disappoint fans further?
When talking 15 Trainers, we are pretty much all on board that the reprints won't be in the set, and the 15 cards will be the new Trainer cards from SM5+ and SM6 (so no Lillie, Rare Candy, Ultra Ball, Choice Band etc.). Cutting Eevee won't be that big of a deal (imo), considering we've previously have cards (including GX cards), like Sylveon and Solgaleo/Lunala in Guardians Rising or Machamp, Salazzle and Lycanroc in Burning Shadows. Though, I do believe Furfrou is another one that could be cut instead of Eevee.
Either way, we're discussing the possible setlist here, if you're (or anyone else) is interested :)

FacepalmMaster

1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9
I don't get why everyone is so hyped about Ultra Necrozma/Malamar, I've proxy tested both Ultra Necrozma/Malamar and Necrozma/Malamar and the one with the normal Necrozma GX seems much more consistent, it's GX attack allows it to spread 100 damage to all of your opponent's pokemon, allowing you to take knockouts on basically ANY pokemon in the meta with 2 energy discards and an FFB, whereas Ultra Necrozma needs to discard 3 energy. The fact that Ultra Necrozma also needs a metal energy is just rubbish, as it makes the deck EVEN MORE inconsisteint.

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
I have the feeling that the Exeggutor deck is going to be a flop given that Tropical Shake needs multiple different energies to use effectively. Of course, it might depend on whether the deck has methods to get the energy straight into the discard. Theme decks aren't known for having more than 2 different energy types in them; the exceptions I can think of are both of the theme decks from the Skyridge set.

And now I'll predict what pack art will be used for Forbidden Light in PTCGO: either Naganadel or Ultra Necrozma. The latter may be unlikely, considering that one of Necrozma's formes was already used for Ultra Prism (Dusk Mane). Greninja is very unlikely, considering that Breakpoint already used Greninja Break.