'Forbidden Light,' Japan's SM6 Set!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Nov 22, 2017.

1. both gogoats are holo rares

2. Lord_Darkrai Aspiring Trainer
    Lord_Darkrai

So does anyone else notice the foreshadowing of upcoming better psychic support? Feel that it's been needed lately.

3. Chimecho3000 Aspiring Trainer
    Chimecho3000

This one isn't holo. In fact it's a common, which will probably translate to uncommon in the English set.

4. Mr. Rhyperior The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
    Mr. Rhyperior

Or a non-holo Rare.

5. FireCatMagic Aspiring Trainer
    FireCatMagic

lol 5000 secret rares

6. MilesEX Aspiring Trainer
    MilesEX

Just 5 GX cards?!

7. Kietharr Aspiring Trainer
    Kietharr

There's no 'foreshadowing' of upcoming better psychic support, it's in this set. Malamar is basically the best kind of support you can ask for, ability based energy recovery on a stage 1 is almost always extremely good. Mystery Treasure is good now, great later. It increases the probability of a t1 Brigette while also providing more outs to your purple type evolution cards at a lower cost than ultras.

One thing I'm going to mess around with for sure is a Malamar/Dragalge/Victini deck. I used to love messing with Mega Mawile and this seems like a less janky way to play that. Shame they had to put it so comfortably in Zoroark/Golisopod OHKO range.

8. wobbuffet lover 1 Aspiring Trainer
    wobbuffet lover 1

clawitzer is kinda good

9. Chimecho3000 Aspiring Trainer
    Chimecho3000

Can you tell me the last time a common became a non-holo rare?

10. steffenka Miss Vaanjie
    steffenka

Lilligant Guardians Rising, Parasect and Cloyster Sun & Moon, Druddigon and Spiritomb Steam Siege, Barbaracle, Grumpig, Carbink, Mandibuzz and Snorlax all from Fates Collide, are the most recent ones I could find. It's definitely still a possibility for it to be a non-holo rare, though I don't find it very likely tbh.

Chimecho3000 likes this.
  11. my guts tell me that Necrozma GX/Malamar will better

Professor_jplap likes this.
  12. HouchinsDJ Aspiring Trainer
    HouchinsDJ

Not that impressed with this set. I think Ultra Necrozma-GX/Malamar looks very promising, but overall I see no cards that are going to shake up the current Meta. Zoroark-GX variants and Fighting decks will still be Tier 1. I am interested in seeing how Greninja-GX will do, but I think Greninja Break is still superior if you want to play Greninja. Mystery Treasure, Eneporter, Lady, Diancie Prism Star, Lysandre Prism Star, and maybe Diantha looks like the only cards worth getting.

13. pine_ddog Chaotic Neuteral
    pine_ddog

Honestly rather meh of a set. In my opinion worse than Crimson Invasion due to the potential this had. I might experiment with Zygarde-GX/Lycanroc-GX & Ultra Necrozma-GX/Metagross-GX, but not looking very good. Hopefully the Hoenn set is better than this.

14. pokeraider123456 Aspiring Trainer
    pokeraider123456

yea goomy is a good way to stall or temporarily slow them down, possibly in a disruption deck.

15. Charjabus Beep Beep
    Charjabus

I'm just really curious on how greninja gx may work with breakpoint frogadier despite it might mean that it may sacrifice the extra 20 damage.

16. AuraJackle Aspiring Trainer
    AuraJackle

Sense gx will be played simialiary to crobat you want the frogadier. Rushing the Greninjas and using an attack for it would lower your damage by allot. And once you have the Greninja the attack would shuffle it in anyway.

17. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

doubleb036 likes this.
  18. Professor_jplap Aspiring Trainer
    Professor_jplap

19. Ghidreigon Aspiring Trainer
    Ghidreigon

ultra necrozma gx looks so empty

Elray, salti and starg09 like this.
  20. TheMaskedMeowth Gardevoir-GX is CUTE
    TheMaskedMeowth

So with Naganadel, would we be allowed to look at our prize cards before shuffling them in or not?

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 2 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?