'Forbidden Light,' Japan's SM6 Set!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Registeel379 Aspiring Trainer
    Registeel379

Delphox & Infernape/Salazzzzzzzle? Interesting status condition deck could form especially with Delphox/Salazzzzzzzle/Seviper/Darkrai GX possibly.

Attack is meh especially with no fire acceleration- better to use turtonator gx even if giving up two prize cards.

I give it 3 Regis

2. joffreyspikes #Drampazizzle
    joffreyspikes

On closer inspection, I'm pretty sure that that Greninja has a retreat cost of 2...that would be off the scale bad for the success of the card.

3. Jermaine Aspiring Trainer
    Jermaine

Greninja from the forbidden light picture seems to be expensive to charge, you need (w)(c)(c) to use it's attack, maybe it'll have an ability like 3 damage counters to 1 ex or gx Pokemon, or so. Delphox is my favorite starter of gen 6, it's sad to see it be barely unplayable, you need to break evolve in order to play it, meaning you lose the chance to do burn :c.

4. Wechselbalg

Ok I knew it, not even the ability can save it...Naturally Greninja has to take the spotlight again and Delphox gets a crappy card. At least FCO and XY Delphox (and even the BREAK) were decent but this is total garbage.

5. Tapu Lele Responsibile for an Economic Recession
    Tapu Lele

Forum Mod Member

Bad cards, bad abilities...
    '
    WE'RE BACK IN KALOS, BABY!

6. salti Stay Salty
    salti

This could be good with the infernape from ultra prism with its ability says that instead of putting 2 damage counters for burn put 6.

7. Gameguard Aspiring Trainer
    Gameguard

Im going woth garninja is
    250hp water type 2 energy retreat and grass type weakness
    Ability is in the shadows. Pokemom abilitys cant target graninja
    Atrack 1 is 1water 2 colorless
    Does base 90 plus 30 more for each water enegy u discard from hand
    Gx attack 1 water energy does 60 damage to all pokemon with a ability

Professor_jplap likes this.
  8. Calcab Aspiring Trainer
    Calcab

it's been revealed in a scan greninja's both attacks have WCC cost

9. AuraJackle Aspiring Trainer
    AuraJackle

This is some hot trash

10. Shfinx I Solemnly Swear To Never Play a Meta Deck
    Shfinx

I feel like their trying to low-key get people to play a Delphox/Infernape deck. It's way too clunky to be competitive, but could be a fun cheese deck. While I don't think the card is trash, I definitely don't think it's very good either. It's just kinda there.

Sometimes TPCi has trouble doing what they want. They want to make a double stage two deck, they give us this. The wanted to make non-basic Pokemon strong, they printed Max Elixer. Sorry, that was off topic. I just can't help but laugh when I remember that happening. To be fair, though, they did make non-basic Pokemon strong, it just took them a bit longer.

Starsoulklr and Sharkrai like this.
  11. Mr. Rhyperior The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
    Mr. Rhyperior

You can still do burn with Delphox BREAK under FBL Delphox, it gives an additional capability not taking the previous ones. Too bad becausd you'll beplayin' a Stage 3 deck.

12. Lord Goomy Got Goomies?
    Lord Goomy

I’m sure the upcoming Goodra or Goodra GX or Goodra Prism Star is better.

13. makarNa Aspiring Trainer
    makarNa

If Greninja gets meta again... ooo if he gets meta again...

14. SmiteKnight *trumpeting intensifies*
    SmiteKnight

Why does everyone complain about Greninja GX’s WCC attack cost. Thats not expensive! You have aqua patch and DCE, not to mention a possible ZoroFrogs combo that isn’t as bad as the current ZoroFrogs. Also, we have water duplicates in standard as well.

15. GekkisaiDaiNi The light flickers. I flicker back.
    GekkisaiDaiNi

Delphox/Infernape new meta!!!111!!!11!1

16. Ramo0927 Magical
    Ramo0927

Manaphy EX

17. _Spectralax_ Dragon Type Enthusiast
    _Spectralax_

It's really weird how the Chesnaught evolution line is not included in the set. As for Delphox... let's just hope Greninja-GX is a bit better.

18. joffreyspikes #Drampazizzle
    joffreyspikes

Still not ideal. It is a two prize bench sitter that is 1HKOd by the attacks designed to 2HKO (Riotous Beating, First Impression, Turbo Drive etc.) that dominate the meta. Greninja BKP had free retreat so it would be less than great for this card to have a retreat of 2.

19. steffenka Miss Vaanjie
    steffenka

I don't think you should get your hopes up for a Goodra Prism Star, since it, so far, seems like it only will be Legendary/Mythical Pokemon that will get Prism Star cards (that aren't trainers/energies). But otherwise, I agree with you ;P

20. Jabberwock #Jovimohnaeliackvid
    Jabberwock

Tbf that's what we all thought about EX's up until LTR.

steffenka likes this.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 1 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?