'Forbidden Light,' Japan's SM6 Set!

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
On closer inspection, I'm pretty sure that that Greninja has a retreat cost of 2...that would be off the scale bad for the success of the card.

Jermaine

Aspiring Trainer
Greninja from the forbidden light picture seems to be expensive to charge, you need (w)(c)(c) to use it's attack, maybe it'll have an ability like 3 damage counters to 1 ex or gx Pokemon, or so. Delphox is my favorite starter of gen 6, it's sad to see it be barely unplayable, you need to break evolve in order to play it, meaning you lose the chance to do burn :c.

Wechselbalg

brb
Ok I knew it, not even the ability can save it...Naturally Greninja has to take the spotlight again and Delphox gets a crappy card. At least FCO and XY Delphox (and even the BREAK) were decent but this is total garbage.

salti

Stay Salty
This could be good with the infernape from ultra prism with its ability says that instead of putting 2 damage counters for burn put 6.

Gameguard

Aspiring Trainer
Im going woth garninja is
250hp water type 2 energy retreat and grass type weakness
Ability is in the shadows. Pokemom abilitys cant target graninja
Atrack 1 is 1water 2 colorless
Does base 90 plus 30 more for each water enegy u discard from hand
Gx attack 1 water energy does 60 damage to all pokemon with a ability

Calcab

Aspiring Trainer
2 Stage 2s, NO!

• Delphox - Worst Weakness, worst RC, worst Attack. The fact that this doesn't synergize with Volcanion hurts this card so much. Too bad that it can deal 150-200 for 4 but you'll exert too much effort to do it. Hugh! Greninja is our only hope, but I doubt that it'll be expensive given that their pre-evos has 2 AC in their attack. Hopefully it won't happen. 2-3 Geodudes
it's been revealed in a scan greninja's both attacks have WCC cost

Shfinx

Meta Slave btw
I feel like their trying to low-key get people to play a Delphox/Infernape deck. It's way too clunky to be competitive, but could be a fun cheese deck. While I don't think the card is trash, I definitely don't think it's very good either. It's just kinda there.

Sometimes TPCi has trouble doing what they want. They want to make a double stage two deck, they give us this. The wanted to make non-basic Pokemon strong, they printed Max Elixer. Sorry, that was off topic. I just can't help but laugh when I remember that happening. To be fair, though, they did make non-basic Pokemon strong, it just took them a bit longer.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Greninja from the forbidden light picture seems to be expensive to charge, you need (w)(c)(c) to use it's attack, maybe it'll have an ability like 3 damage counters to 1 ex or gx Pokemon, or so. Delphox is my favorite starter of gen 6, it's sad to see it be barely unplayable, you need to break evolve in order to play it, meaning you lose the chance to do burn :c.
You can still do burn with Delphox BREAK under FBL Delphox, it gives an additional capability not taking the previous ones. Too bad becausd you'll beplayin' a Stage 3 deck.

SmiteKnight

Destroying half the universe one snap at a time
Why does everyone complain about Greninja GX’s WCC attack cost. Thats not expensive! You have aqua patch and DCE, not to mention a possible ZoroFrogs combo that isn’t as bad as the current ZoroFrogs. Also, we have water duplicates in standard as well.

_Spectralax_

Dragon Type Enthusiast
It's really weird how the Chesnaught evolution line is not included in the set. As for Delphox... let's just hope Greninja-GX is a bit better.

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
Manaphy EX
Still not ideal. It is a two prize bench sitter that is 1HKOd by the attacks designed to 2HKO (Riotous Beating, First Impression, Turbo Drive etc.) that dominate the meta. Greninja BKP had free retreat so it would be less than great for this card to have a retreat of 2.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
I’m sure the upcoming Goodra or Goodra GX or Goodra Prism Star is better.
I don't think you should get your hopes up for a Goodra Prism Star, since it, so far, seems like it only will be Legendary/Mythical Pokemon that will get Prism Star cards (that aren't trainers/energies). But otherwise, I agree with you ;P

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
I don't think you should get your hopes up for a Goodra Prism Star, since it, so far, seems like it only will be Legendary/Mythical Pokemon that will get Prism Star cards (that aren't trainers/energies). But otherwise, I agree with you ;P
Tbf that's what we all thought about EX's up until LTR.

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
If the Pokemon company are kind enough to give us a 2-2-2 line of this card in our Forbidden light pre-release boxes, then I can see this card being OK. not good but OK. well nothing compared to the pre-release boxes in ultra prism giving us 2-2-2 lines of empoleon and 2-2-2 lines of garchomp and even 2-2-2 magnezone line, which all 3 will see lots of play this next season.

Out side of the pre-release meta, it kind of stinks.
free burn is nice to have on an ability, but the nerf to burn, via the new burn rules in the sun and moon base set pre-constructed theme decks, makes burn one of the weakest status conditions in the game.
Burn wasn't nerfed. It got buffed because the damage is done to the Pokemon before the coin flip. The old burn rules put the coin flip before the burn damage (meaning there was a 50/50 chance that burn literally did nothing when it was first applied).