'Forbidden Light,' Japan's SM6 Set!

Otaku

The wise fool?
Lysandre Prism further strengthens my theory that the Lost Zone will be important soon. I also dig the art on it.

The Lysandre sleeves look cool, too.

The [Prism Star] mechanic makes it important. Period. I fear you are correct because I am worried that the powers-that-be will forget/miss the point of things like the Lost Zone (or Removed From Play area, Removed From Game area, etc.). We've had various one-per-deck cards before, and of the two things that usually "break" them, one is that sooner or later we have a way of reclaiming them from the discard pile to reuse what was intended as a once-per-game effect. Right now, sending the [Prism Star] cards to the Lost Zone is as close as we can come.

Then again, I thought the same thing of the GX-counter for GX-attacks, and we just got an exception to that in the cards revealed as well. Then again, it is a Pokémon (and thus so far a GX-attack) specific option, so it could still prove well balanced.

Shishigami

Aspiring Trainer
OOOOOOOooooooh I wonder where all the fossils are in Alola? A dromeaosaur? Dimetrodon? Mosasaur? Megalodon??

Nothing.

GrandPanacea

Thread Necromancer
Advanced Member
OOOOOOOooooooh I wonder where all the fossils are in Alola? A dromeaosaur? Dimetrodon? Mosasaur? Megalodon??

Nothing.
That's probably because Hawai'i is a very young (relatively speaking) land mass that's mostly volcanic, thus lacking any dinosaur fossils.

BraviaryBoi

Anonymus
Malamar: psychic eel YEET
Diancie: not great but remember, the old star cards weren’t all playable either
Zygarde and Bonnie: busted lol. Idk how busted but pretty darn good
Lysandre: night march is dead. At least against fire

Shishigami

Aspiring Trainer
That's probably because Hawai'i is a very young (relatively speaking) land mass that's mostly volcanic, thus lacking any dinosaur fossils.
Exactly. Having a fossil laboratory but no fossil pokémon new to search in the games. Thats the type of Professor Oak meme logic that this series runs with.

JMT

Some Broke Weeaboo
Zygarde with Bonnie is definitely interesting
You could use Ultra Prism Spiritomb or Pal Pad to cycle Bonnie from discard, this would counter a lot of the current meta, so we might see more Garchomp after this.

sandsmash23

Aspiring Trainer
I mean, fossils need some way to search out there "basic" form since ball search and Bridgette are not an option, so this was kind of necessary. The fossil mechanic is still bad though because you basically have to play this card that only searches for your "basics" and Ultra Ball that only searches for your evolutions.

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
I think this card more or less confirms that both Tyrunt and Amaura will evolve from Unidentified Fossil.
The fact that Tyrant and Amaura were last released in Flashfire (read: almost 4 years ago) is crazy. Crossing my fingers that they'll be in Forbidden Light.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
The fact that Tyrant and Amaura were last released in Flashfire (read: almost 4 years ago) is crazy. Crossing my fingers that they'll be in Forbidden Light.
*Tyrunt Also, they weren’t in Flashfire, but they were in Furious Fists. Also they were last printed as EXs ;)

Ponoko

Aspiring Trainer
PRISM STAR DIANCIE!!

finally one that isn't a fairy type.
That will definitely be in my collection of every Diancie card!

Also Bonnie is a little scary

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
BONNIE IS OP!!!!

HOLY CRAP BONNIE IS FREAKING BROKEN, BROOOOOKKKKKEEEENNNN.

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
So with Zygard you attach a DCE and then you cell connector to attatch 2 strong energy because it doesn't say basic energy. You have diancy prism and regirock ex on your bench for and extra 30 damage. And you have fury belt for an extra 10 damage and +40 health. In total a 240 hp beast using a gx attack that is dealing 230 damage. Then next turn you use bonnie and become immortal with your gx attack for a second turn in a row. And then pal pad the bonnie back in to your deck.:);):D

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
Bonnie is messed up. The whole point of the GX attack is that it can only be used once....*sigh* At least she got her Squishy back.
To be fair, you do have to discard a stadium and waste your supporter slot. I think it balances out. Especially since without a little bit of help, It can't take a K.O. If you play anything like Decidueye or Ninetales, you are kinda getting around that anyway. However, I do think there will be a card in this set that even out the combo (Maybe Greninja GX?)

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
So with Zygard you attach a DCE and then you cell connector to attatch 2 strong energy because it doesn't say basic energy. You have diancy prism and regirock ex on your bench for and extra 30 damage. And you have fury belt for an extra 10 damage and +40 health. In total a 240 hp beast using a gx attack that is dealing 230 damage. Then next turn you use bonnie and become immortal with your gx attack for a second turn in a row. And then pal pad the bonnie back in to your deck.:);):D
It says fighting energy, and since Strong energy is not fighting unless it is attached to a pokemon already, it is only basic fighting.

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring
Gonna take a guess and say that Stakataka GX and Blacephalon GX are in the set in the last 2 spots, and TPCi says screw you to Xerneas, because they're "Still sorry for Gardevoir."

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Gonna take a guess and say that Stakataka GX and Blacephalon GX are in the set in the last 2 spots, and TPCi says screw you to Xerneas, because they're "Still sorry for Gardevoir."

STILL?

We've gotten far more than an apology.

THEY CREATED A NEW BROKEN META.

Oh broken metal meta? (says TCPI), how about a new broken FIRE META WITH OP FIRE CARDS.

10 Broken Fire support cards later...

"We're still sorry about Broken Metal Meta"

That sounds like PTCG logic alright. No sarcasm, at all.