Event Florida Regionals

josie0001

The Daddiest Dad Ever
If anyone has any info about Florida Regionals, primarily the top-32 players and/or decks, or if you have a link where the info might be available, please post below. The only thing I've seen this morning is a vid from The Meta Deck discussing their Full Retaliation Gyrados List. Any stream links for the top cut battles would be great as well. Thanks! :)

Yog

Rogue
I pulled this from reddit, I have no idea how accurate it is.
  1. Rahul Reddy (8-0-1) - Darkrai EX/Giratina EX/Garbodor BPT
  2. Alex Schemanske (8-1-0) - Vileplume Toolbox
  3. Igor Costa (8-1-0) - M Mewtwo EX (Y)/Garbodor BPT
  4. Addison Powell (8-1-0) - Gyarados AOR/Meowstic EX
  5. Daniel Lopez (8-1-0) - Volcanion EX
  6. Michael Catron (7-2-0) - Rainbow Road
  7. Azul Garcia Griego (7-2-0) - M Gardevoir EX
  8. Ahmed Ali (7-2-0) - Volcanion EX
  9. Rith Ke (6-0-3) - M Gardevoir EX STS
  10. Russell LaParre (6-0-3) - Darkrai EX/Giratina EX/Garbodor BPT
  11. Matthew Brower (6-0-3) - Raichu XY/Golbat PHF
  12. Andrew Delao (7-2-0) - M Mewtwo EX/Garbodor BPT
  13. Juan Santiago (7-2-0) - Greninja BREAK
  14. Nelson Cuevas (7-2-0) - M Rayquaza EX/Water
  15. Brit Pybas (7-2-0) - M Gardevoir EX STS
  16. Conner LaVelle (7-2-0) - M Mewtwo EX (Y)/Garbodor BPT
  17. Jimmy Pendarvis (7-2-0) - M Mewtwo EX (Y)/Garbodor BPT
  18. Alex Hill (7-2-0) - Vileplume Toolbox
  19. Evan Mitchell (7-2-0) - M Mewtwo EX (Y)/Garbodor BPT
  20. Brad Curcio (7-2-0) - Darkrai EX/Giratina EX/Garbodor BPT/Greedy Dice
  21. Sean Foisy (6-1-2) - Vileplume AOR Toolbox
  22. Ryan Sabelhaus (6-1-2) - Darkrai EX/Giratina EX
  23. Franklin Arrarte (6-1-2) - Gyarados AOR/Octillery BKT
  24. Christian Ortiz (6-1-2) - Rainbow Road
  25. John Orgel (6-1-2) - M Mewtwo EX/Garbodor BPT
  26. Justin Bokhari (6-1-2) - Greninja BREAK
  27. Jorge Feliciano (6-1-2) - Yveltal EX
  28. Sam Chen (6-1-2) - Greninja BREAK
  29. Kyle Warden (6-1-2) - Yveltal EX/Mew/Hammers
  30. Christian Velazquez (6-1-2) - Darkrai EX/Giratina EX/Garbodor BPT
  31. David Richard (6-1-2) - M Gardevoir EX STS
  32. James Hart (6-1-2) - M Gardevoir EX STS

Not a single Scizor deck is notable. As are the Gyarados decks slipping in. I am most curious to see the build for the Vileplume toolbox decks. Item lock then Ninja Boy to a suitable attacker would be my guess, but that could be a very technical build and I'd love to see the choices and counts.

Sabaku

Aspiring Trainer
I forget. Is top cut for TCG the Top 16 or Top 8?

I pulled this from reddit, I have no idea how accurate it is.

Not a single Scizor deck is notable. As are the Gyarados decks slipping in. I am most curious to see the build for the Vileplume toolbox decks. Item lock then Ninja Boy to a suitable attacker would be my guess, but that could be a very technical build and I'd love to see the choices and counts.

Also, all those different decks showing up in Top Cut is a pretty nice surprise. I bet the Gyarados deck also used Mew-EX in the list. Greninja being in the Top 16 is unexpected, though. You would think with so much item lock around that Greninja would struggle just to place for prizes; but then again, it's a single prize, 170 HP Water type that still runs a lot of Bursting Balloons.

Last edited:

josie0001

The Daddiest Dad Ever
Raichu/Bats - cool! More surprising to me tho is the presence of so many Darkrai/Giratina decks. I played that deck a ton just after rotation and found it to be average at best. I found the garb build to be too inconsistent, but I'm assuming the presence of so much Volcanion and Mewtwo was huge so it must've swing things just right.

Also, I see that Team Fish Knuckles is doing a live stream of day 2 on YouTube.

Yog

Rogue
So six of the top eight decks were Garbodor variants. That's pretty interesting. Building your own non-ability deck (since you are running Garb), means you can still survive in a meta of other Garb. How centralising.

Jambsz

Aspiring Trainer
Raichu/Bats - cool! More surprising to me tho is the presence of so many Darkrai/Giratina decks. I played that deck a ton just after rotation and found it to be average at best. I found the garb build to be too inconsistent, but I'm assuming the presence of so much Volcanion and Mewtwo was huge so it must've swing things just right.

Also, I see that Team Fish Knuckles is doing a live stream of day 2 on YouTube.
Ok, I know that gyarados is receiving a ton of hype, but why aren't more people taking about the fact that a Raichu, GOLBAT deck is in top 10 at this tournament? Been trying to find a deck list on that thing and I can't seem to find one.

josie0001

The Daddiest Dad Ever
Ok, I know that gyarados is receiving a ton of hype, but why aren't more people taking about the fact that a Raichu, GOLBAT deck is in top 10 at this tournament? Been trying to find a deck list on that thing and I can't seem to find one.

Hey yeah, good point! I'm gonna try building this!

Sabaku

Aspiring Trainer
So do you think the Mega Gardevoir decks that placed for prizes used all STS Megas or a mix of Steam Siege and Primal Clash/Generations?

Latte1504

Aspiring Trainer
How would this deck deal with M Mewtwo?

BraviaryBoi

Anonymus
Honestly, why are you all asking for lists? Half the stuff is gonna go on pokemon.com and you can find all the other lists on sites I'm not allowed to mention here.

Sabaku

Aspiring Trainer
Honestly, why are you all asking for lists? Half the stuff is gonna go on pokemon.com and you can find all the other lists on sites I'm not allowed to mention here.

Because the official website has always been slow when it comes to deck uploads, and people like to be able to play decks like Raichu / Golbat early.

Xerneos

Aspiring Trainer
Anybody know the build for the Yveltal/Garbodor deck that one?

From what i could see it was built around yveltal bkt, yveltal ex, and what seemed like a 2-2 garbodor line. I never saw if Azul played a shaymin or not, would be crazy to find out that no shaymin was played