• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Floatoise (Floatzel/Balestoise) HGSS-On

Clownshateu2

RIP Pokemon TCG: 1996 - 2011.
Hey Pokebeach, just a few more ideas coming your way!

Many people troll, saying "OMG NO FERALIGATOR! NEWB!"
But considering two Stage 2's that need to be rare candied up.....slim chance!

Now Floatzel may not be as effective, but much more practicle. Being a Stage 1, you dont worry about amazing top decks of Rare Candies and can focus them upon Blastiose.

So the strategy of this deck is to use Floatzel's Poke Power "Water Acceleration" to attach an extra water to Floatzel. Than use Blastoise's "Wash Out" to move it to himself and then attach another water energy VIA hand. Considering you already have either a water or DCE on Squirtle before evolving, this deck can do 100 without any isuess.

Mantine is used as a built in Bebe's Search only for Water Pokemon, which can search out that much need Blastoise or Floatzel quickly.

Pros:
Can beat Donphan and Reshiboar easily, spamming Hydro Cannon along with weakness

Pretty fast, depending if you start with Mantine

Constant 100 damage no matter what condition

Cons:
Like any other deck, some cards may not be pulled out in time, such as Rare Candy.

So heres the list-

Pokemon- 21
4 Mantine
4 Squirtle
3 Wartortle
4 Blastoise
3 Buizels
3 Floatzels

T/S/S- 23
4 Pokemon Collector
4 Professor Elms Training Method
3 Professor Oak's New Theory
4 Rare Candy
2 Junk Arms
2 Switch
3 Interviewer's Questions
1 Fisherman

Energy-
4 DCE
10 Water Energy
2 Rescue

You may notice the surplus of Pokemon Collectors, but I need my Pokemon basics out ASAP. Please comment and suggest new ideas! And dont suggest Fraligatr!

RE: Floatoise (Floatzel/Balestoise)

i am using this same kind of deck accept i also have a 2-2 Golduck TR line in it. does alot of damgage with the flotazels

RE: Floatoise (Floatzel/Balestoise)

Golduck gets in the way. The only way Golduck is strong is when it is paired with Gatr, not Floatzel. But it can get 1 shot easily

You might want to put flower shop lady in your deck. Also professor juniper could be helpful. Also I noticed you didn't have any search trainers maybe something like dual ball or pokemon communication should find a way into your deck.

1) Do you need Switches? I think that they're just clogging up room.
2) Do you think that a Delibird HS would be useful for draw power?

Delibird, always good in a deck where you want to ramp up fast.

Forget the Feraligator, if you want optimal use of Golduck, you want stuff that can drop energy from your hand directly onto it, and lots of energy. Blastoise are an OK choice here - Dig Well is one option, Waterlog the other. Energy Rain is OK, but best used for dropping energy on Golduck, due to the damage issues.

Throw in 4 Interviewers Questions. And do up the energy on this deck. 20+. Energy sitting on the bench adds to your Golduck. Lose one, move another up, it still gets all the extra damage benefits.
Combined with a Floatzel X to bring it back from the discard - along with the energy - either a rare candy or preferably a broken time space, and it's back on the bench next turn.

Mixed results trying this. It seems to be a question of how quickly one can get the damage into the knockout range. With luck, turn 2 already has Golduck kicking out 100+ damage. Throw on an Expert Belt for slightly better HP and damage. If it takes less than a knockout, you should be able to heal everything through adding energy.

The_Geek, did you read the description of my title at all? Its HGSS-On. And the ideas are terrible. How much HP does Reshiram have? Tell me the amount his move does. Then tell me Golduck's health. In comparision, you waste nearly SIX energies..... No

clownshateu2, do you mind answering my questions? I want to know what you think about less Switches and more Delibirds.

Well I may run a 1 1 line of floatzel and a 2 1 2 line of ferligator. So I may add delbird in for draw power, depends though. Switches are pretty good but I was also thinking dodrio to reatreat?

Back