Fliptini + Vanillux

If it was part of your main strategy, one would imagine it would be in the main post, no? Especially when you have this section:
"Key Pokemon:
Vanilluxe (RC 020)
Victini (RC 009)"

People are led to believe that these are the only main pokemon. A Vileplume line seems like it would merit to be "Key" when you're relying on it for a chunk of the strategy! Anyways, from what you have posted in your main post, all of my points have shot holes in your deck. And when it concerns popular cards, those are mighty holes, my friend.

@Celebi23 - Zoroark doesn't need Victini. Its already got a 75% chance of paralysis to start with. It needs one heads, twice in a row. Odds say there is a good chance that will happen. At which point, Zoroark can just use Vanillux's second attack for the KO.

Ah, another thought came to mind. Beartic, anyone? It can lock your Vanillux out of attacking, then KO it next turn.

The problem with Zoroark is that it will at some point flip tails-tails and fall behind on the prize race. It'll be close, but Vanilluxe wins ultimately.

Vileplume has been mentioned numerous times in this thread. It isn't necessary for a Vanilluxe deck; Vanilluxe could work withut it (albeit with less success).

Against Beartic, you can just retreat. Not that tough.

And you're going to retreat for 3 energies and pay for a 2 attack cost. That's gonna be tough to pull off. And to be fair, Zoroark has the advantage of speed. It can abuse DCE and is just a Stage 1. Yours is a Stage 2 that needs two energy to attack.

Vanilluxe has a RC of 2, not 3. And you'll have had time to get energy on your Pokemon in prior turns.

You don't get that speed doesn't matter nearly as much with Vanilluxe. Once you get it out, it KOs stuff in a number of turns - ample time to set up another one.

This is exacly why i am going to run steelix and scizor again. This is just purly overpowerd

Rikko145 said:
And you're going to retreat for 3 energies and pay for a 2 attack cost. That's gonna be tough to pull off. And to be fair, Zoroark has the advantage of speed. It can abuse DCE and is just a Stage 1. Yours is a Stage 2 that needs two energy to attack.
Zoroark doesn't have "speed" until your opponent gets their own attackers out.

Also, the majority of people in this thread have agreed Vileplume is needed.

Scizorliscious said:
Against Beartic, you can just retreat. Not that tough.
Rikko145 said:
And you're going to retreat for 3 energies and pay for a 2 attack cost. That's gonna be tough to pull off.
Scizorliscious said:
Vanilluxe has a RC of 2, not 3.
Rikko145 said:
Beartic has a retreat of 3.

Following the conversation helps.

joe said:
This is exacly why i am going to run steelix and scizor again. This is just purly overpowerd
The problem with that is that TyRam will still be dominating its fair share of the metagame. An autoloss to the arguably-BDIF is never a good thing.

Back