News First 'The Best of XY' News, Reprinted Cards

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2
Nice to see that they're actually picking the good cards!~

I hope to see re-prints of things that have gotten recent support as well; Gengar-EX, Sharpedo-EX, etc.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
I'm done. I can't do another format with these cards. I just can't. Why the hell have a rotation at all if you keep the things people want gone from the game around.

I can't play this game anymore. It's clear the designers of the game don't care about it so why should I.

/rant

SupremeLeaderQuagsire

Aspiring Trainer
Volcanion got reprinted... Does this mean Steam Siege will be rotating? Or do you guys think it's just because it's a good card?

EDIT: Prepare for Toad.

Clear

Birb is the Word
The only reason are getting the new arts in gift boxes instead of in a set is because this set is not coming to stateside.
Basically, the general rule is: if it is a new art, it is a new card. Sycamore, and Trainers Mail are coming in the Arena Deck, those are confirmed renewed, as they have new art.

So for example, if they print Shaymin, but in the same art they used in RS, it is counted as a new card.

EDIT: For Lucario and Manectric, we are most likely going to forget they existed. I mean, they released Crobat BREAK and did not have a Crobat to use it with for a little bit until SuMo.

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
I'd be extremely disappointed if they brought this set to the west. I don't even know why they're releasing it in Japan. What's the point of having an expanded and standard format if you just keep all of the good cards printed from the XY block in standard indefinitely with reprints?

BraviaryBoi

Anonymus
These cards are fine tbh. Just praying that's these don't get a reprint:
Shaymin ex
Trevenant XY
Vs seeker
Battle compressor
N
Muscle band
Toad
....And that these do get a reprint:
Xerosic
Super rod/sacred ash
Megaphone
Mega manny

sid18

Aspiring Trainer
I'd be extremely disappointed if they brought this set to the west. I don't even know why they're releasing it in Japan. What's the point of having an expanded and standard format if you just keep all of the good cards printed from the XY block in standard indefinitely with reprints?

Japan doesn't have an expanded format and their current format is still XY-on and will be for over a year so a lot of these older cards are difficult for them to get, there's always a lot of older reprints in Japan. They play base set-on for 3 years and then rotate to the next base set-on, they're still in XY-on until September 2018 when we both rotate to SM-on then they will stick to that for 3 years, they don't have a yearly rotation.

CrownXY

as brave as a talonflame
Isn't it counted as an XY set? So this would also rotate out, right? If yes, then battle compressor please lol and if not then bring in the vs seeker.

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2
Isn't it counted as an XY set? So this would also rotate out, right? If yes, then battle compressor please lol and if not then bring in the vs seeker.

"They’ve stated that they’ve carefully selected 171 to save from rotation[...]"

So, these are essentially re-prints.
Will this set be coming to the west?
It'd make it really hard to tell between expanded and standard...

riChchestMat

Aspiring Trainer
I'd be fine with this if the set didn't contain new cards. I don't want to buy booster boxes of this, a year after CP4 Premium Collection did much the same thing, just to get 6 or so new cards. or even 16. Plus the inevitable 47 SRs. This nonsense makes SM1+ look original.

Ecourts

Wanderer | Lvl.2
I'd be fine with this if the set didn't contain new cards. I don't want to buy booster boxes of this, a year after CP4 Premium Collection did much the same thing, just to get 6 or so new cards. or even 16. Plus the inevitable 47 SRs. This nonsense makes SM1+ look original.
Just buy singles, friend.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
I don't care. I want an English Release. If TPCi failed on CP4, I think this won't.

Does AT Entei see some play?

Kyrushi

Squirrel
I really would prefer if they killed off Greninja BREAK. It's no fun to go up against. If anything, i'd really like it if we got reprints of trainers more than anything else. It's annoying that so many vital cards that aren't even rare are going for several dollars. I can't afford to go spending 7 to 9 dollars for a single VS. Seeker or 4-6 for a Max Elixir.