Blog Fighting Fire with Fairies: Three Steam Siege Decks for the 2017 Season

While I do like the idea of the Mega Gardevoir deck, I just don't have the funds for 2 Shaymin, sad day for me. :(
You are very likely to not be the only on who isn't keen on dumping hundreds of dollars into Pokemon. Come next standard rotation and the ever so expensive Shaymin EX will be rotated out. :D

If we get a reprint of Startling Megaphone or even Tool Scrapper, Yanmega would be so much safer to use around Garbodor. Too bad the entire format is sold out to EX's...

While I do like the idea of the Mega Gardevoir deck, I just don't have the funds for 2 Shaymin, sad day for me. :(
You could try a poor man's version using Unown, Brigette, and a thicker Fan Club line but there's no denying the utility of Shaymin-EX. I've even seen this deck run with four Shaymin, which is just crazy. I think that's overkill. I've never felt like I needed four. I might try building this with two since that's all I have irl but I think two actually might not be enough :[

If we get a reprint of Startling Megaphone or even Tool Scrapper, Yanmega would be so much safer to use around Garbodor. Too bad the entire format is sold out to EX's...

This is why running zero Energy is a bad idea. Barrier Break OHKOs Garbodor so if you can just pay for it like normal then you can simply Lysandre him for the kill. I run two Grass and two DCE in mine and that's just straight Yanmega. I still can't recommend it as a solo attacker but I kinda wanna experiment with it some more.

i am going to make a omastar aerodactyl deck. Wish me luck at matches!

Good luck. You'll need it. If you can get Omastar BREAK and Aerodactyl into play you can murder Shaymin-EX at any time. You should add Target Whistle if you're using it for this format.

Good luck. You'll need it. If you can get Omastar BREAK and Aerodactyl into play you can murder Shaymin-EX at any time. You should add Target Whistle if you're using it for this format.
i might have one or two so i might add that as well as a basic pokemon to start out the game. Maybe wailord or something that will take a while to ko. Ultra balls will be used to discard from my hand so i can use archie to get omastar out into play along with drawing more cards.

Dimension Valley is rotating, and you cap at 190 damage, which isn't enough to OHKO Pokémon-EX with a belt. You should not be trying to OHKO Pokémon-EX.

I might try not using sky field. What would you suggest over DV?

i might have one or two so i might add that as well as a basic pokemon to start out the game. Maybe wailord or something that will take a while to ko. Ultra balls will be used to discard from my hand so i can use archie to get omastar out into play along with drawing more cards.
In my build of Omadactyl, I run a 2-count of Shuckle (Fates Collide). His Hide A Berry attack is both early game draw support and a way to get Aerodactyl out of your hand in case you have one stuck, AND it sets you up for a potential Old Amber on your next turn (assuming you aren't N'd)

Man i love that Dual Type Xerneas Deck. Throw out shaymin-ex and put in Octillery and BAM you probably have the best Budget deck out there.

I was running Serperior but with AZ and Super Scoop rotating, this looks great to take its place!

Man thanks for showing this!

Man i love that Dual Type Xerneas Deck. Throw out shaymin-ex and put in Octillery and BAM you probably have the best Budget deck out there.

I was running Serperior but with AZ and Super Scoop rotating, this looks great to take its place!

Man thanks for showing this!
Glad you like it, and yeah Octillery would also work well in this deck. If you don't use Garbodor, you can also try Mew since he can copy Rainbow Force. I don't like his low HP though.

Great Article PMJ! Your wording is consistently eloquent, your articles are informative, and you strike the perfect balance between being long enough to get all your information out while not droning on forever. With that said, you had a couple of wording errors in your article (e.g. Volcanon shares a type with Xerneas (not Ninetales), Bisharp can only hit Fairies for weakness (he is part Dark type), SNES Rainbow Road is the best rainbow road (it is obviously GCN) ) that could have confused newer players. Overall though, a great job!
I have one question. Do you think Mega Gardevior could consistently hit for high numbers in expanded when paired with Exeggcute (Plasma Freeze)?

Great Article PMJ! Your wording is consistently eloquent, your articles are informative, and you strike the perfect balance between being long enough to get all your information out while not droning on forever.
Thanks for your kind words. Funny you should mention the length because Machamp the Champion disagreed with you, saying that he felt the article was a bit on the short side. I told him that I felt it better to keep things short, especially since I was covering three decks.

With that said, you had a couple of wording errors in your article (e.g. Volcanon shares a type with Xerneas (not Ninetales), Bisharp can only hit Fairies for weakness (he is part Dark type), that could have confused newer players.
Yeah, when I wrote that I was thinking of Azumarill STS, who does share a type with Xerneas. And you're right, I should have been more clear about "Bisharp can only hit fairies for Weakness" but it didn't seem like an error at the time.

Do you think Mega Gardevior could consistently hit for high numbers in expanded when paired with Exeggcute (Plasma Freeze)?
Of course. You're still not going to OHKO anything, but using Exeggcute will keep your base damage high enough so that you don't have to continuously expend resources to OHKO Pokemon in the 140-170 range (Stage 2s or Basics holding a belt), and that you can mitigate any healing that they might do next turn so you can still hit the 2HKO.

Back