General Favorite Pokemon?

Pokemon Sun and Moon fan

I have the all seeing eye
I don't know if anyone else has done this before but i thought it would be cool to try. I want to see your favorite Pokemon and maybe your least favorite so tell me below! You could also say why they are your favorite. My personal favorite is Luxray, because shinx is adorable is luxray has a great design/move set, and his stats are op. I remember seeing him first in the sinnoh anime, i'm not sure which episode it was though. Anyways, have fun!

Favorite: Alolan Ninetales.
It was Glaceon who was my favorite since 2010, before that, ever since 2006, when I started playing, my favorite was Sceptile. Now, Alolan Ninetales beats both of them by a fair amount.

Least Favorite: Pelipper
This bird straight from hell is nightmare fuel. Has been my least favorite ever since I first saw it, back in my very first Pokemon play through ever in 2006 (Pokemon Emerald).

Last edited:
Although it isn't my favorite from a design perspective, I consider Dunsparce my favorite Pokémon. I caught one of these as a kid in Silver Version and raised it expecting it to evolve into Gligar (since they were right next to each other in the Dex and had similarities), but that obviously didn't work out. I even pretended to be a Pokémon Prof. (much like the one who studied Slowpoke and Shellder in the anime), drawing charts and everything documenting their similarities. I sort of grew attached to the squishy lil' guy during that whole process. However, at that point I consided Ho-Oh my favorite since I beat my cousin (whom I had never beaten in a video game before) with it.

Years later on Christmas, before I had gotten the hang of PokéRadar chaining, I decided to check what Pokémon were swarming in Pearl Version. Dunsparce. This reminded me of the time I spent raising one as a kid and left me wondering why I hadn't used one in so long. I was determined to find a Shiny one. And at a fairly low chain and without Repels, find one I did.

That's about the point that Dunsparce became my favorite. I traded "Noko" over to HeartGold as soon as the games came out to replace my starter. He's been in my post-game teams ever since.

- - -

My favorite Pokémon design-wise, however, is Wartortle. It has that tough look, but it's also cute. I love those fuzzy ears, fluffy tail, and that blush. I also really like its Shiny because its shell looks like a big ol' emerald (I've always been fascinated by shiny/metallic green things like emeralds and certain insects). The fact that it can learn my favorite attack, Ice Beam, is another plus!

There are a few Pokémon that I absolutely can't stand, but I suppose Lickilicky would be my bottom pick. I adore Lickitung (probably me second-favorite Pokémon design), but this thing is hideous. It hardly even looks like a lizard anymore, its face looks funny (not in a good way -- it's even worse when its tongue isn't hanging out), the pattern on its bloated torso doesn't look natural at all, and I could've lived without seeing that swirl of flesh on its head. D:

On the plus side, at least Lickitung can utilize Eviolite.

Last edited:
My Personal Top 10:
1. Lucario
2. Charizard
3. Talonflame
4. Luxray
5. Greninja
6. Sceptile
7. Primarina
8. Salamence
9. Infernape
10. Lapras

and I could've lived without seeing that swirl of flesh on its head. D:
Yeah, I agree with you there.

My favourite has been Umbreon for... Roughly 16 years now? Maybe 15. I'm not sure, but it's been a very long time. I've loved it ever since the Eevee that Bill gave me in Goldenrod City evolved into it unexpectedly many years ago. Before that, my favourite was Pigeot, having used one in every Yellow playthrough I did.

Now, in convenient list form, here are my favourites from each generation:
  1. Aerodactyl
  2. Umbreon
  3. Sceptile
  4. Luxray
  5. Volcarona
  6. Tyrantrum
  7. Still uncertain, but top contenders are Lycanroc Midnight, Mimikyu, and Mudsdale

I've gone through a lot of Pokemon I have liked in some regard through the past years, so picking a favorite is very hard for me. However, I think one of the biggest standouts I can think of is a Pokemon not many would choose:

Machamp.

Back in Gen. 4, when Pokemon Leads were a thing in the VG, I was one of the few who decided to utilize Machamp as an Anti-Lead. No Guard + Dynamic Punch. It got me more victories than I could ever imagine otherwise. He became the Pokemon everyone in my high school clique hated... well, him and Gyarados (I really love Gyarados as well). Most importantly, however, he became the Pokemon who kept my interest in the competitive aspect of the VG. Granted, those days are done, but just that moment in history stands out to me and he was what made it possible.

Besides Machamp, I think Meloetta has to be my personal favorite. Both forms are adorable and I love how she's designed. She is also one of the stars to my favorite deck in the PTCG: Round (which I actually play in Legacy). Her FA card is absolutely wonderful visually as well and as a whole, she makes me happy.

Then again, I'm a sucker for cute things. Not that the Miku in my Profile Picture has anything to do with that. At all. Nope. Definitely not.

...it does.

-Asmer

Edit: Sadly, Miku is no longer in my Profile. Oh well. <3

Last edited:
Oh my, must I say. Gen 7 rolled around, and so did my favorite Pokemon...there's your hint.
My least favorite has to be Stantler. It literally is just a worse version of Sawsbuck! (And just "Rudolph the Purple-nosed reindeer.)
Okay, let's go, top from each gen!

1: Persian.
I've always loved the dude. What did they do to him in Alola though?
2: Umbreon.
One of my favorite 5 mons. He's brilliant!
3: Blaziken.
One of the best starter mons! I just say... and fire typing!
4: Gliscor.
ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT! And as you said, a Dunsparce evolution line is GREAT.
5: Leavanny.
Maybe my most questionable choice...ever? It's brilliant, and my favorite grass and bug type so far!
6: Malamar.
This thing! I used it on my team on X, and it was my best mon! So perfect...SO BRILLIANT!

And Finally, Gen 7.
This determines my favorite Pokemon...
IN WE GOO!

just kidding.
Honorable mentions!
Gen 1: Rhydon line.
Holy crap, I love it.
Gen 2: Slowking.
I've always loved the Slowpoke line, and Gen 2 added AWESOMENESS to it with Slowking.
Gen 3: Breloom.
It was so damn close between Blaziken and Breloom, I nearly picked Breloom. Still, I just couldn't leave Breloom in the dust.
Gen 4: Drifloon.
Just read the damn Pokedex entry. That's my reason.
Gen 5: Victini
Omfg, cutest legendary/mythical I'VE EVER SEEN.
Gen 6: Hawlucha.
I love this thing's design! But it ended up being a "Rowlet" in the end. (Weak to one of its typings)
Gen 7: Primarina.
I picked Popplio as my starter, because he's irresistible!! I couldn't not pick him.0

Annnnnd finally. With that.
My favorite Pokemon and Gen 7 Pokemon is....
Araquanid, without a doubt.
Water type + Bug type = THE MOST BOSS THING ON THE fudging PLANET. (And still including Golisopod. Not Wimpod.)
And the design?
Spider + Water Bubble that you save Pokemon DROWNING in the ocean with?

It's the mix of Courage, Coolness, and Generosity, that I gave him my top spot to begin with.
Now I need to put up my flame shield.

Mine is, has been for quite a few years, and probably always will be ...
Umbreon ^w^

It is super adorable, but due to its sleek design can easily adopt any stature, lonesome, strong and independent, badass.

It just lends itself to whatever someone is looking at it wants. Mix that with the fact it is the best type, part of the coolest Pokemon family, and the fact that it's yellow rings look awesome in any colour, it is a wonder why Umbreon isn't everyones favourite ^w^

Mine is, has been for quite a few years, and probably always will be ...
Umbreon ^w^

It is super adorable, but due to its sleek design can easily adopt any stature, lonesome, strong and independent, badass.

It just lends itself to whatever someone is looking at it wants. Mix that with the fact it is the best type, part of the coolest Pokemon family, and the fact that it's yellow rings look awesome in any colour, it is a wonder why Umbreon isn't everyones favourite ^w^

Umbreon is pretty awesome in its design, I just wish its stats were more along the lines of Jolteon's. If that were the case, it would definitely be in my Top Ten.

As my avatar might tell you. My favorite Duo are the avangers of the sea. The most elegant birds to ever cross skies of any region.
Wingull and Pelipper. The first more then the last tbh. But their both pretty much my online identity. I even have an (almost) complete collection of all cards that ever release wirh both of them on it. Missing one atm.
It even went so far that i openend a small little religion with a Pelipper called Wolfgang (the one i beat AS with) as its prophet and messiah called "The pelippists" or alternativily "Prophecy of the blue feather". Had its bible half done at one point.
Ahhh good times.
I just love my little birds. Goes way back to my first time playing Sapphire. With me just randomly finding a Wingull on that one place in the beginning where you battle the rival the first time. It was magical somehow.

As far as you are conncerened Mister lord o rings.
You just havent seen the truth yet. The prophecy shall change your ways at some point. :^)
Shall Wolfgang be with all of you.

As my avatar might tell you. My favorite Duo are the avangers of the sea. The most elegant birds to ever cross skies of any region.
Wingull and Pelipper. The first more then the last tbh. But their both pretty much my online identity. I even have an (almost) complete collection of all cards that ever release wirh both of them on it. Missing one atm.
It even went so far that i openend a small little religion with a Pelipper called Wolfgang (the one i beat AS with) as its prophet and messiah called "The pelippists" or alternativily "Prophecy of the blue feather". Had its bible half done at one point.
Ahhh good times.
I just love my little birds. Goes way back to my first time playing Sapphire. With me just randomly finding a Wingull on that one place in the beginning where you battle the rival the first time. It was magical somehow.

As far as you are conncerened Mister lord o rings.
You just havent seen the truth yet. The prophecy shall change your ways at some point. :^)
Shall Wolfgang be with all of you.
I'm a miss, thank you very much.

My problem isn't with Wingull, just Pelipper only. I just hate the look of it's creepy eyes. They stare into my soul. I've actually had nightmares of Pelipper... very, very disturbing ones I'm not going to say here. That's pretty much why I hate it so much.

I had a Wingull in a playthrough of Pokémon Pearl, named it Briney, gave it an Everstone so it wouldn't evolve. Wingull is cute, I like it, but I rarely raise them because I know what they evolve into...

I have so many Pokemon I like; so if I rattled them all off; I'd be talking for a while. :p

Anywho; I'll simplify things, while still getting my point across.

Gen I: Pikachu (Pikachu helped me beat Misty; of which I was having struggles with)
Gen II: Dunsparce (He's a cute little booger; he just needs someone to love him)
Gen III: Minun (Minun is so cute; and it's my favorite Pika-clone; sentimental reasons too [first Poke trained to Lv. 100])
Gen IV: Porygon-Z (Porygon-Z has a cool design, but it really shines in battle in which its Sp. Attack state can do serious damage)
Gen V: Whimsicott (What can I say? He's so cute, and was the first Pokemon I ever competitively trained in X/Y)
Gen VI: Aurorus (Underrated Pokemon with a bad type combo; but it looks sleek and majestic)
Gen VII: Tapu Lele (Stole the spotlight from Primarina when I got one to use competitively; cute, great typing and it can hit like a Mack truck)

Least Favorite Pokemon: Lickilicky. Both in name and design. It's design is dumb; and don't even get me started on how boring and lame its name is.

Ever since pokemon started my favorite has been Alakazam. A powerful psychic who's IQ is above 5000 exceeds that of a super computer. But I have 2 other favorite pokemon.

They go:
1. Alakazam
2. Nidoking
3. Dusclops

My favourite Pokémon is in my username. :U

Being serious now, my favourite Pokémon is Pikachu. Ever since I was a young child, I've always had a special connection with the Pokémon; it's always had something special to me. There's no real way to describe the connection.

1) Alakazam (and Mega)
2) Gliscor
3) Weavile
4) Muk
5) Mew
6) Decidueye
7) Goodra
8) Accelgor
9) Leafeon
10) Heracross

Honorable mentions : Delphox, Kingdra, Charizard, Treecko, Chandelure, Drampa, Magmortar, Scizor, Dragonite, Umbreon, Gardevoir, Murkrow, Honchkrow, Bulbasaur.

And so many, many more!

Back