Community Favorite Pokémon card

iGeek256

I only use Electric types. Help me
If you could pick your favorite Pokémon card what would it be?

Last edited:
I'm quite partial to Southern Islands Mew. I never saw the binders around here, but I was fortunate enough to pull one as a hidden bonus card from a third-party blister pack. Mew was such a rare and mysterious Pokémon back then, so combined with it being my first reverse-holo as well as the first Mew card I'd seen besides Ancient Mew (which I didn't consider a "real" Mew card due to being illegible and stylized), I was ecstatic!

The original Here Comes Team Rocket! (holo) is a close second. I remember being bummed out that I didn't get any holos from a pack I got at the mall, but I noticed that Here Comes Team Rocket! was holo once I got outside. It was my first holographic Trainer card. First Edition, too. :3

In terms of art, my favorite is Vending Series Eevee (even if it's missing the lighter fur on the tip of its tail).

Last edited:
I'm quite partial to Southern Islands Mew. I never saw the binders around here, but I was fortunate enough to pull one as a hidden bonus card in a third-party blister pack. Mew was such a rare and mysterious Pokémon back then, so combined with it being my first reverse-holo as well as the first Mew card I'd seen besides Ancient Mew (which I didn't consider a "real" Mew card due to being illegible and stylized), I was ecstatic!

The foiling on Southern Islands Mew is so beautiful - I miss the galaxy foil so much ):

My favorite card of all time? Incredibly difficult question. The card that means the most to me is probably my Mew Gold Star (there's a theme here, it looks like). I pulled the card at an EX Dragon Frontiers Prerelease way back when, and just marks a time when I was still relatively young and enjoyed the game for what it was - without the prizing and the competition and the whatever.

My favorite art on a card is too hard to decide. However, I will always think of Espeon #1 from Neo Discovery. The light blue and the pink...combined with the incredible art in Espeon herself is just so much beauty in one card. Atsuko Nishida is one of my favorite artists as well, and knowing she designed the Pokémon herself (and Pikachu, fun fact!) just adds to the perfection that is this card. I also love Espeon ex from Unseen Forces. This one contrasts the Neo Discovery one in the sense that the colors are deep and bold. The purple and black stand out, and there's foil everywhere because of the fact Espeon's an ex. The card is also super solid so that's a plus too.

There are so many others out there but these three are the ones I enjoy highlighting.

Glaceon_Shattered_Holo_Rare.JPG

The cracked ice one.
It's not just that it's beautiful.
It holds a special spot in my heart because it is how I started playing.
Well, trying to play...

It's got to be Darkrai-EX from Dark Explorers. I was like, 13 or 14 at my first regional, my friend and I each bought 3 packs with all the money we had. I pulled a FA Darkrai-EX. I was the happiest kid that day probably. :p

My favourite Pokémon card is Luxray GL LV.X from Platinum: Rising Rivals.
I've never used the card once in a deck, and never even owned one.

Luxray is my favourite Pokémon so that's an easy reason, but I think it's a really fun symbol of how good my favourite Pokémon was in its competitive meta back in the day and it makes me smile hearing people talk about how they liked playing the card or even just thoughts about its place in the game at that time. It's kind of something I want to own as a collector's item just because it's such a meaningful card to me in a way that I haven't really been able to experience myself. Similar to the kind of "legendary artifact" you'd hear rumours of but could never find or own yourself.

I love this thread idea!

This is a tough one, as I have several card arts that I absolutely adore. However, one that I love the most (at least, at time of writing) probably has to be the FA Mega Gardevoir from the Generations Radiant Collection. Firstly, I like it because... well... Gardevoir. Second, I love the coloring on the card: the black mixed with the dark red looks rather nice, especially with black sleeves. I remember back when the Brilliant Arrow Mega Gardevoir was a rather good card, and remember really wanting to build that deck despite having pretty much no money whatsoever. In fact, I kind of still want to build it...

Anyway, other than the Mega Gardevoir, I'd probably have to say the Delta Species Flygon from EX Holon Phantoms. I've owned one for a long while now (probably since I was about 8 or 9), and have always loved it.

My favorite card has to be Golisopod GX because of my accomplishments with it. Just love the acerola and guzma stuff you could do with it as well.
Second favorite is a tie between Yveltal EX and Darkrai EX, because that combo and both of them solo was my deck for a really long time. I even made t16 at a regional when buzzwole/malamar/zoroark was a thing with Yveltal/Mew just to play Yveltal again

Back