Pokemon Favorite or Least Favorite Pokémon Trainers (In-game)

RE: Favorite or least favorite Pokemon Trainers (In-game)

scattered mind said:
How could I forget! My least favorite trainer of all time is the fisherman with 6 magikarp that appears almost every game. Game Freak please I beg you do not return this evil to the X and Y games . Please!!!

Again if your competitive he can be useful if not.....

My favorite trainers are (since I have some many here are just some)
Lt.Surge-> He is just one cool dude and I pretty much love everything about him. I also love the fact that he hides behind a electric fence, it makes him seem so paranoid! xD

Karen-> OMG she is one of my favorite Elite 4 members. She says one of the best lines I have ever heard in a Pokemon game <3
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites. I like your style. You understand what's important. Go on—the Champion is waiting."

Whitney-> What can I say, I have a soft spot for her. She is a pretty challenging trainer and thus I always look forward to battling her.

There are others but I'll cut it off here :p

Least favorite?
For the longest time I hated Cheren with a passion but when he became a Gym Leader (a Normal type no less) I started to hate him less. Cheren is the reason I couldn't stand Liepard for the longest time. Honestly I don't know why I hated him (other than his stupid Liepard) but I don't hate him that much anymore.

Other than that I don't hate any trainer, or at least none come to mind right now.

I am competitive but I only EV train my team with wild Pokemon.
But yes he can be useful in that matter.

Mixie said:
Lt.Surge-> He is just one cool dude and I pretty much love everything about him. I also love the fact that he hides behind a electric fence, it makes him seem so paranoid! xD
Shhh he was almost killed by a swarm of dugtrio in the kanto war bak in his home country of unova
Anyways personally I hate Whitney only because of what she taught her miltank.

I personally loved confrontations with Silver in G/S and HG/SS. I loved the feeling of pummeling the trainer who was so rude to me!

In terms of favorite style/pokemon team, I'd go with Lance. He was such an icon of a powerful trainer!

I love cynthia, she is wise, kind and a badass (and she has style, that's important too), and one of the few characters in a pokemon game who knows what she's doing.
Same thing with alder, he's cool, and a much better champion than iris, for sure... how the hell did she even got there? Alder took me three tries, iris just one, and a deeply unsatisfying one to that.
And bianca, I admire the fact that she recognized that not everyone can be a powerful trainer (looking at you, ash; quit now, kid, do us all a favor), and she's lovely.
Elesa in BW too, there she was shown as an intelligent and wise gym leader (and again, style), but in BW2 she was just "generic gym leader nº4" *now with fashion runway and undressing action!*.
And erika, I looooooove erika, she's so graceful, and also, style.
Oh, and jasmine, too, such a sweet girl! (also... yep, style).
And above them all, Diantha.

Last edited:

I have a strong dislike for any trainer with a full Magikarp team, those fights are boring and tedious... Honestly, I actually dislike any trainer that has many Pokemon, but none of them being a threat.

As of gen 5, I really like any and all gym-leaders, elite-four members and champions. PWT really changed my opinion about many gym-leaders and champions, because of the equal battles. I always liked the elite-four members, for some reason they never were disappointing to me.

I really love Cynthia, Steven and Alder in particular, they always came over as classy (okay, not Alder :p, looking like a new age guru does not look very classy) and wise to me. All of three have a good choice of pokemon in my opinion, making them my all time favs.

I do dislike red a little though (I still like him, just not as much as the others), I get why he is so popular, but I always found him a bit disappointing. He is far weaker than his reputation makes him out to be. He is just as overrated as Charizard in my opinion.

RE: Favorite or Least Favorite Pokemon Trainers (In-game)

Blue, hands down. He has a sweet, well rounded team, and the memories fighting him in crystal brought back were priceless. N would be a close second, he also has a cool team and personality.

My fav trainers:

Bugsy - he likes everything what is fresh and natural; forests, grass, spider webs, trees and bug-type pokemon. I like people like him + I adore the bug-type Pokémon myself.
Erika - she is modest, patient and optimistic. I like her traditional, Japanese clothes and I believe she likes the tea ceremony too.
Clair - she has positive energy and is somehow fun.
Falkner - I like his mad and cold personality. He is awesome.
Jasmine - she seems to be shy but later I found that her personality symbolizes the steel-type pokemon: calm, cold and sometimes harsh.
Bianca - the girl who was trying to be a good trainer but later discovered that it wasn't her road of life. She loved musicals and that caught her heart. I really liked how friendly she was. Her clothes were fun too, especially the hat =P

I also like the trainers who give me some funny comments. The bug catchers are my fav type of trainers because they love bugs.

The trainers I don't like:

Whitney - sorry, but I found her personality annoying. She was almost adult but acted like a little, pink girl with a big lollipop. I hated how she cried and whined about losing fight.

I also don't like the trainers who have five or six weak pokemon (Magikarp, Rattata, Zubat). Nothing is better than a fishermen with six Magikarps or some other dude with let's say - five Bidoofs. Battling them is boring and not challenging at all.

No one beats Lance. Ever. Dragon-Types, first champion, awesome hair.

Also, I personally love Whitney. Just because of her Miltank. Whitney's Miltank is awesome.

Dragon Pokémon said:

Hate to bust your bubble, but Blue was the first champion.

also Flabebe is now grinning evilly because she brutally murdered lance's hacked dragonites

P.DelSlayer said:
Dragon Pokémon said:

Hate to bust your bubble, but Blue was the first champion.

also Flabebe is now grinning evilly because she brutally murdered lance's hacked dragonites

Blue beat Lance. Lance was champion before Blue. Sure, you don't technically battle Lance when he's champion, but he still ranks above the Elite 4, right? First champion just means he was champion at the time Red/Green began. No champion is still champion by the time it ends.
At least, I'm pretty sure that's what happens.

EDIT: 200 Posts!

To be honest, I have never really thought about this before. Thinking about it though, Lance is definitely up there! He is just awesome. I think Cynthia is pretty cool and I really enjoyed her battle theme! ... A LOT. I also like Red and Blue, they are awesome .^_^.

I like the rival with the blue hair from Black and White 2 also but I can not remember his "standard" name. For now I call him Bruce Bogtrotter

That guy in every game with six Magikarps. It always sucks to beat him. He has so much hope. So much hope ;-;

Blue. As much as he is obnoxious, rude and immature, I always though of him as the... Person who would end up coming out on top? I saw a comic a few months ago that was like the ending to the comic-series, explaining how Blue had such a hard time in the games, becoming Champion, while the protagonist just blasted through with ease... And ever since. Well, every time I meet Blue, I let one of my Pokemon faint on purpose. Unless its a nuzlocke, then imma destroy him.

Favorite: Veterans (they bring the challenge I love to the plate), Psychics (I love to prove them wrong about how the future can't be rewritten) and Hexed (Exorcist!)
I want to kill them all: Fishermen (with 1000000000000 useless duplicated mons), Hikers (they follow you every game and they all look the same and say weird things to you that you better forget).

I like a lot.

Red. He was the first, he's just awesome, and he was a great character in the Pokemon Adventures manga.

Blue (Gary Oak) was also awesome in the manga, and he was a great gym leader.

N. Because... he's... HE'S JUST SO COOL

Cyrus was yet another character that the manga made for me. Love this guy.

Hilda. I like that her design (along with Hilbert's) portrayed a more serious, older, and more mature trainer.

And Rosa. She's adorable.

And pretty much everyone from Gen 4. Gen 4 was my first one. Serious nostalgia.

My favorites would probably consist of:

N - He had decent character development, and he was nice in terms of being your rival. (He kind of was!)
Ghetsis - I can appreciate anyone who was smart enough to dupe almost all of Unova, and he was actually somewhat challenging (Hydreigon).
Cynthia - She had a really cool character, was very savvy at literally EVERYTHING, and she uses Lucario. (And Garchomp.)
Karen - Pretty much Cynthia before they elaborated on that kind of character.
Colress- What can I say? He made a great antagonist.

Look, I SWEAR I'm not a Gen 5 fanboy... I hated a LOT of characters from Gen 5. Such as Cheren, Bianca, Iris, and I didn't really like Alder. There was too much emphasis on "strength."

In any game with named generic trainers, whenever there's one named Mikey (typically a child character) it makes me a little bit giddy. That's my name IRL.

As for the actual named NPCs, I'm fond of a few of them.

Blue: I've long been fond of his funny hairstyle and cool team. Seeing him in the Sun and Moon post-game made me very happy; he grew up! He looks so much more mature!

Courtney: While she may be a baddie, she's still rather interesting. One thing in particular that I really liked is that one could argue that she is very heavily coded to be autistic. (I'm not talkin' about like, coding. I mean that she's given specific traits and the like that are common with it.) I find her easy to relate to in that sense.

Zinnia: I just think she's pretty interesting.

The entire cast of Sun/Moon: I just love them all. They're all fantastic.

I adore Karen quite a bit. The fact that she was one of the first to straight out say that using whoever you want is what matters most and screw anyone else's opinion has always stuck out for me. Also, she's gorgeous. Straight gorgeous.

Besides Karen, I always thought Caitlin was very cute. Anyone that sleepy/lazy that can still destroy people as a general is cool in my book. Cynthia is also a top pick of mine.

As far as someone I really cannot stand... Barry. I've always wanted to drop kick that kid. So. Much.

-Asmer

Back