Pokemon Favorite or Least Favorite Pokémon Trainers (In-game)

mijumarulover

Water Pokemon Trainer
Who were your favorite or least favorite Pokemon trainers, in game? (i.e. Gold, Lucas, May, Nate, and Calem.)

Mod note: Remember to support your choices with reasoning and elaboration!
~Frezgle

RE: Favorite Pokemon Trainer (In-game)

Rattata Joey since he is the strongest trainer ever.

Lance the Dragon Trainer~ He was the first Dragon Trainer I ever encountered. Also, he's got a cape. Nuff said.

Giovanni~ He's the boss of Team Rocket. Nuff said.

N~ He can talk to Pokemon. Nuff said.

Ghetis~ He's got lots of ambition.

Youngster Joey and his unbeatable Rattata. Nuff said.

They are the best of the best.

Hmm, this question is pretty difficult to answer. There's so many trainers I like. I guess mine are:
  • Flannery - probably the coolest gym leader. I just like her for some reason.
  • N - dat hair zomg :3
  • Cynthia - she's probably the coolest female trainer after Flannery. Also, she's kinda hot. xD
  • Wallace - I dunno. He's just badass. Also, using water-types is awesome. (Especially Ludicolo. ;P)

Gold, Silver (Their HGSS counterparts) because they look cool and it was before the awful designs of BW+.

-Obligatorily points out that all posts should have elaboration to back them up, or they will be considered spam. This board is for discussion, not just simple lists. If you made a post that doesn't fit the criteria, you should edit it soon if you don't want it removed.-

My favorite in-game trainers are the ones that say something completely arbitrary before the battle starts. Which is uh, a lot of them.
"Hi! My boyfriend is cool!"
Er, neat? What does that have to do with anyth- oh. We're battling. Um, ok.

The Battle Subway in particular is chock-full of these weirdos. I just love the complete absurdity of them.

Least Faviourite In-Game Trainers

Which ones do you dislike?

Cynthia - Because she has those stupid Lucario things in her hair and she's been in EVERY GAME since DP.
Hilda - Her shorts are too short and they look like they're made out of a Pokémon.
Rosa - Has pants AND a skirt and she looks like a mix between Sailor Moon and Princess Leia.
Calem - Very generic looking and his get-up is too similar to Nates.
Serena - Also very generic looking.

RE: Least Faviourite In-Game Trainers

I know I was so annoyed when the overworld sprites of trainers didnt match the actual sprite in DPPt. For example, you would run into a bald old man, but when the battle started.... he had long hair.

RE: Favorite or least favorite Pokemon Trainers (In-game)

Well my 5 favourite relevant characters (sorry Joey, I just don't care about your Rattata) would have to be:

Cynthia- I found her to be the first interesting champion since Blue (Steven isn't necessarily the canon champion for Hoenn, in my opinion, so I ignore him for that, he is still one of my favourites though). She takes such a proactive role in the games and she is always portrayed as an incredibly strong trainer. I also liked her diverse team (I dislike single type champions) and the fact she has one great signature pokemon that fits her character well.

Alder- He has a similar role to Cynthia in the games, although a bit more on the side of elderly grandfather mentor instead of crime fighting lady. But again, I prefer him as champion over Iris. Iris bores me to tears, honestly. I think they could have picked a better replacement for Alder in BW2. I also like his usage of Bouffalant and Volcarona. Those pokemon are perfect for him.

Karen- I love her design. It doesn't necessarily scream "dark type master" but once you know she uses dark types, it's almost a perfect matching look. I wish she had a bigger role in the games, but still, the first dark type master is pretty good. Also, Houndoom. It's a great fit for her. And how can you not love Houndoom?

Steven- Even though I don't count him as a canon current champ (former perhaps, I think it might have said at one point in Emerald actually), I still like his character. Good, solid design, and great type choice. Even though he was a single type champion, it's a hard type to fight against. So much defensive power and then with his heavy hitting Metagross he was a challenge. And that Metagross was a wonderful signature pokemon for him.

Pike Queen Lucy- I like her design and usage of serpentine pokemon, which are some of my favourites. I wish in the games they had made the frontier heads a bit more important (maybe run into some during the story for minor quests?) I also love her signature pokemon of Seviper. Poison types are my favourite, and Seviper just feels right with that wicked blade tail.

My favorite character has to be Cynthia.
She's badass, has a great appearance, and is one of the few champions that I can actually say challenged me.

My least favorite is Cheren.
I hate his know-it-all character, and the fact that he doesn't leave the player alone, not to mention his annoying lack of serious character development.

My favorite must be Shauntal, because she reminds me of myself because she likes to read and write and I like that too :)

My least favorite must be Barry, because I find him annoying in the beginning of the game...

One of my least favorite pokémon trainers would be those fishermen with a horde of Magikarps. They barely give any EXP and only waste your time.

Conzipe said:
One of my least favorite pokémon trainers would be those fishermen with a horde of Magikarps. They barely give any EXP and only waste your time.
Don't they give you decent EV's though?

zappy800 said:
EV training isn't usually something I'm looking to do while playing through the game.

Conzipe said:
zappy800 said:
EV training isn't usually something I'm looking to do while playing through the game.

Oh then yeah they suck so fun to kick their butts though. :3

Giovanni is my most favorite Pokémon Trainer of all time. Not only is he an expert on my favorite type, but he is a formidable opponent in every situation that he appears in and has played significant roles in several games (sometimes, without not even appearing). Also, being the Boss of an underground mafia organization just screams 'Cool'.

Other than Giovanni, Cynthia is pretty much the coolest there is. I do like the other Champions (except maybe Iris) but Cynthia just has that aura of awesomeness and beauty that other trainers can't really compete with. Garchomp FTW.

I don't really have a least favorite though. All the trainers, even the insignificant NPCs, are worth something in the game. Be it EXP, EV grinding or money. Just like how I like all Pokémon, I like all the trainers as well.

Hmmm....

Favourites:
  • Giovanni - I always thought he just looked so cool. He's literally a BOSS! I also think the concept of him being the Team Rocket head and also the 8th gym leader was amazing. Especially because when playing the games as a kid I had no idea.
  • Blaine - He's a cool old man. I mainly like him beacuse of the Pokemon Adventures manga and the link between him and his hand in helping create Mewtwo.
  • Misty - Water type pokemon were my favorite type growing up. I remember her being so randomly difficult for me to beat and every time I would beat her I would get some overwhelming joy. Nice design.... I've also had the biggest crush for her.

How could I forget! My least favorite trainer of all time is the fisherman with 6 magikarp that appears almost every game. Game Freak please I beg you do not return this evil to the X and Y games . Please!!!

Back