Fakemon Contest: Halloween - Congrats silazu!

Vote for your favorite Halloween Fakemon

• Total voters
RE: Fakemon Contest: Holiday Edition #1 - Halloween

I´m still designing mine, comparing sketches.
At least the concept is better than the one from last year...That´s what I think, anyways.

Working on getting the final draft.

Entries are due October 31st at midnight. I will announce on the Nov 1st portal update that voting is beginning. That will last one week.

The Thanksgiving contest will also start on Nov 1st with the portal update as well.

Oh cool a fakemon contest, I will have to come up with a design really quickly though. Mid-terms kept me kind of busy this month.

I'm afraid I will have to drop from the contest. Schoolwork has been keeping me quite busy these past few weeks.

Good luck, silazu!

Maybe next time, D-G.

My entry is in for this round, but I'm iffy about the next one. I have no current Fakemon that would fit into a Thanksgiving theme, and no ideas for one yet.

I only have two entries. (three if I make one myself)

I was really hoping to see more for this, as more than two people showed interest.

safariblade said:
I only have two entries. (three if I make one myself)

I was really hoping to see more for this, as more than two people showed interest.

If that's what it comes down to, then so be it. That was the exactly what I did to make up the difference for my Round-Robin contest too.

Could I send in my entry now as a late one, or are you keeping the deadline?

You may.

The portal goes up tonight with the announcement to begin voting. So you have an hour or so.

Voting will begin tomorrow guys. Check back in and be sure to vote.

The next contest will begin tonight soon.

I'm super excited to show off these 4 entries! I was hoping to see more, but I think with these 4, perhaps more people will be inspired to join the next thanksgiving contest.

Make sure to vote not just on artwork, but on concept. Keep in mind that the theme is Halloween! No voting for your own!

And the entries are:

Gytrook - by [member]silazu[/member]
iaza14048425633100.png

Name: Gytrook (Gytrash+spook)
Type: Dark/Ghost
Weight: 10 lbs
Height: 4'11"
Pokedex Entry: Gytrook appear to weary lost travelers, they often play tricks on their victims in the form of hallucinations. A purple gas like substance oozes from Gytrooks hands, if inhaled the gas is known to cause panic attacks and memory loss.

Orgin: Based on the Gytrash which is a legendary black dog known in northern England, was said to haunt lonely roads awaiting travelers. Appearing in the shape of horses, mules, or dogs, the Gytrash haunt solitary ways and lead people astray. They are usually feared, but they can also be benevolent, guiding lost travelers to the right road.
In some parts of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire, the gytrash was known as the 'Shagfoal' and took the form of a spectral mule or donkey with eyes that glowed like burning coals. In this form, the beast was believed to be purely malevolent. (info from wikipedia btw)

Zomborg (and the Zombro-line) - by [mod]Incinermyn[/mod]
My main entry is Zomborg itself. I'm including the evolutions as well so that they get some acknowledgement too.

Fakemon Submission: Zomborg (Full Body); (Close-up of Head)
  • Types: Steel and Ghost
  • Name’s Origin: Zomborg is a combination of the words ‘zombie’ and ‘cyborg.’ The general idea is derived literally from the phrase “ghost in a shell,” wherein the Pokémon is a machine possessed by evil spirits. To the casual observer, though, it appears to be operating on its own, hence why its classified as the ‘zombie mech.’
  • Classification: Zombie Mech Pokémon
  • Height: 6’ 10”
  • Weight: 365 lbs
  • Base Stats: Health-moderate, Attack-high, Defense-very high, Special Attack-high, Special Defense-zero, Speed-very low
  • Ability: Cast Iron Hull-Due to its segmented cast-iron parts comprising the outer parts of its body, Zomborg has become completely immune to special attacks with some extra resistance to Fire attacks (meaning said moves cause five percent less damage than they normally would). Additionally, its body repulses some of the energy from Psychic, Ghost, and Electric attacks.
  • Limestone Version Pokédex Entry: Zomborg was originally discovered in an abandoned factory on the outskirts of Lactavarn City in the mid-1990s, where the robots were first manufactured to replace Rapidash as workhorses on farms. In modern times, however, they have sprung to life on their own with no apparent power source whatsoever.
  • Slate Version Pokédex Entry: At the time it was created, Zomborg was originally intended to replace live Pokémon as workhorses on farms; however, their bulky designs and sluggish movements made tilling fields unproductive to the point where they were discontinued. The machines now operate of their own accord without any clear reason as to why.
  • Coal Version Pokédex Entry: Originally designed for work on farms during the late-1800s, Zomborg were too sluggish and bulky to till fields efficiently, thus had to be discontinued and stored away. Nearly a century later, the robots were discovered to be walking about on their own in the abandoned factory where they were initially created.
  • Evolution Line: Zomborg evolves into Zombrong after leveling up during the nighttime hours at the IIPS Spectral Studies Department. It can later evolve into Zombroken if it levels up in the Otulp Abyss while holding onto the Hex Wheels (In-game Description: A pair of spiked chariot wheels made from a darkened metal that exudes demonic force. They may help a certain Pokémon evolve.)
  • Appearances: In Limestone, Slate, and Coal, Zomborg appear frequently in the Abandoned Mill on the outskirts of Lactavarn City at night between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 2:00 a.m. The catch rate is fairly low, however. This Pokémon also appears as part of Gym Leader Sylvia’s party (Her Zomborg is Level 21, and knows the moves Shriek Clang, Shadow Sneak, Stomp, and Silver Spark).
  • Perception: Zomborg senses its surroundings for the spiritual essence of other beings.

Moveset (Order: Level Learned, Move Name, Move Type, and Description)
  • 1-Stomp
  • 4-Screech
  • 4-Metal Sound
  • 9-Shriek Clang (Steel): The user causes its internal gears to jam together and cause a horrific sound to resonate from deep within its body. It then unleashes the shriek as an attack that causes 30 Hit Points worth of damage regardless of type match-ups. However, the ability Soundproof may still prevent this. Power: -- Accuracy: 100% Category: Special PP: 20
  • 15-Shadow Sneak
  • 21-Silver Spark (Steel): The user creates silvery sparks around its body that it then launches as a blinding beam towards its target. This move always strikes first and has a ten percent chance of causing the enemy’s accuracy to drop slightly. Power: 40 Accuracy: 100% Category: Special PP: 20
  • 28-Overdrive (Electric): The user prepares to strengthen its next attack by causing its internal gears or circuitry to surge with electrical power. This causes the Pokémon to lose one-quarter of its full health, but doubles the power rating of the next move for the following turn. Power: -- Accuracy: -- Category: Status/Other PP: 5
  • 36-Mirror Shot
  • 45-Wraith Run (Ghost): The Pokémon abandons its physical body to act as a wraith that attacks foes wildly for two to three turns. During this time, the user will not immediately be harmed by attacks used on it, but any damage it would have taken from moves will be added together at the time it returns to its body. Once it does, the Pokémon will also become confused from fatigue. Power: 120 Accuracy: 100% Category: Physical PP: 10
  • 55-Megaton Hoof (Steel): The signature attack of Zomborg, Zombrong, and Zombroken lets them drop their heavy metallic hooves upon an opponent to crush it. This has a 25% chance of instantly knocking out the target, regardless of type match-ups and ability. Power: 110 Accuracy: 75% Category: Physical PP: 5
  • 66-Twilight Ram (Dark): The user envelops itself in a malevolent aura and then charges at its opponent at full speed. This brutal tackle leaves the opponent paralyzed, but causes three-quarters the damage it dealt back to the user as recoil. If the move misses, however, the user’s aura consumes its energy and it automatically faints. Power: 180 Accuracy: 80% Category: Physical PP:5

Zombrong (Full Body); (Close-up of Head)
  • Name’s Origin: Zombrong is a combination of the words ‘zombie’ and ‘wrong.’ The second stage of Zomborg’s evolutionary line has found a way to refine its form so that it’s more streamline than its predecessor. In doing so, the spirits inside its body have become more malevolent and intensified its physical strength.
  • Classification: Death Mech Pokémon
  • Height: 8’ 10”
  • Weight: 510 lbs
  • Base Stats: Health-moderately high, Attack-very high, Defense-maximum, Special Attack-high, Special Defense-zero, Speed-very low
  • Ability: Cast Iron Hull
  • Limestone Entry: Exposure to demonic energy has caused Zomborg’s body to transmute into a streamlined form and its internal mechanisms to become overpowered by malevolent spirits. This transformation caused it to evolve into Zombrong, a deadly machine that relentlessly hunts down the living to use their souls as fuel.
  • Slate Entry: Zombrong is a powerful machine recreated from a strengthened Zomborg after it became exposed to terrifying amounts of demonic power. Its form has become refined to the point where it won’t topple over easily and it maintains complete focus when it hunts down living beings whose souls it can consume as fuel.
  • Coal Entry: It is widely believed that Zombrong only came about during a laboratory’s research into alternative energy sources while experimenting on the Pokémon Zomborg. While trying to open an inert Zomborg’s carcass, the scientist inadvertently exposed the creature to supernatural energies that overwhelmed it and caused its evolution.
  • Appearance: In Limestone, Slate, and Coal, Zombrong appears in the depths of the Otulp Abyss.

Moveset
  • 1-Fissure
  • 1-Sledgehammer (Steel): The Pokémon hammer down up its foe with heavy metallic hooves or another armored appendage; however, the user will be unable to attack the following turn due to the strain this puts on its body. There is also a twenty percent chance that the victim will become paralyzed due to the impact. Power: 150 Accuracy: 90% Category: Physical PP: 5
  • 1-Stomp
  • 5-Screech
  • 5-Metal Sound
  • 10-Shriek Clang
  • 15-Shadow Sneak
  • 20-Silver Spark
  • 25-Overdrive
  • 30-Counter
  • 35-Mirror Shot
  • 40-Giga Impact
  • 45-Wraith Run
  • 50-Delta Strike (Steel): The Pokémon launches at three-turn assault that ultimately deals damage equal to 1.5 times the mean of its Attack, Defense, and Special Attack stats. There’s a 25% chance that the enemy might flinch after each strike, and this move never misses. Power: -- Accuracy: 75% Category: N/A PP: 5
  • 55-Megaton Hoof
  • 60-Twilight Ram

Zombroken (Full Body); (Close-up of Head)
  • Name’s Origin: Zombroken is a combination of ‘zombie’ and ‘broken.’ Like its previous forms, Zombroken is a modified version of its predecessor Zombrong. However, in order for this form to come about, the previous one supposedly broke down and now got repaired.
  • Classification: Devil Mech Pokémon
  • Height: 12’ 11”
  • Weight: 1,275 lbs
  • Base Stats: Health-moderately high, Attack-maximum, Defense-maximum, Special Attack-high, Special Defense-zero, Speed-very low
  • Ability: Cast Iron Hull
  • Limestone Entry: After years of operating without rest, Zombrong’s body finally became worn to the point where its body parts began to break off, releasing its trapped spirits as a result. However, stronger spirit-eaters found their way into the abandoned corpse and refurbished it into a new Pokémon called Zombroken.
  • Slate Entry: Zombroken is a terrifying Pokémon whose presence is often feared for the fact that it is possessed by ancient devils that can consume souls from its victims while they’re still alive. The beings controlling its body are said to represent seven major evils that plague the world into the modern age.
  • Coal Entry: In Dallinos mythology, there were seven ancient devils symbolic of the world’s greatest evils who consumed the souls of wayward spirits that lingered in the physical world after death. It is thought that said entities took over Zombrong’s body after it collapsed and transformed the Pokémon into Zombroken.
  • Appearance: In Limestone, Slate, and Coal versions, Zombroken appears as part of Gym Leader Sylvia’s team during a rematch after the Elite Four has been defeated. It also appears as a wild Pokémon in the Tower of Beyi-geyi Leyi-geyi, but cannot be captured.
  • Perception: Zombroken can see the world through spiritual perception similar to psychokinesis.

Moveset
  • 1-Fissure
  • 1-Sledgehammer
  • 1-Stomp
  • 7-Screech
  • 7-Metal Sound
  • 14-Shriek Clang
  • 21-Shadow Sneak
  • 28-Silver Spark
  • 35-Overdrive
  • 42-Mirror Shot
  • 49-Shadow Force
  • 56-Delta Strike
  • 63-Megaton Hoof
  • 70-Twilight Ram
  • 77-Soul Destruct (Ghost): Zombroken unleashes a spiritual blast from within its body that hits all other Pokémon on the battlefield. This exertion causes the user to faint, while inflicting massive damage upon everyone else. Power: 250 Accuracy: 100% Category: Special PP: 5

Fantasmight (Redux) - by [smod]safariblade[/smod]
This year, I decided to revamp my existing Ghost-type for this contest. I hope you enjoy!

Fantasmight
(Phantom + Might)
The graveyard Pokémon

INFO:
Type: Ghost/Fighting
Height: 6'6'' Weight: 55 lbs.
Ability 1: Anticipation - Senses the foe's dangerous moves.
Ability 2: Cursed Body - Has a 30% chance of Disabling any move that hits the Pokémon.
Hidden Ability: Analytic - Strengthens moves when moving last.

POKEDEX DATA:
Pokedex Entry 1: This Pokemon makes its home in empty graves that were robbed by grave-robbers. It seeks revenge for those who steal the dead.
Pokedex Entry 2: This Pokemon spends his nights waiting to scare anyone who dares to walks by. Running away is easy, however, as he never leaves his grave.

STATS:
HP___________100
Attack________140
Defense_______90
Sp. Attack_____35
Sp. Defense____90
Speed_________30
Total Stats_____485

MOVEPOOL:
Level___Move________Type___Category__Power
Start___Tackle_________Normal____Physical____50____
Start___Confuse Ray____Ghost____Status_____N/A___
Lv5____Astonish________Ghost____Physical____30____
Lv10___Arm Thrust_____Fighting___Physical____15____
Lv14___Bulk Up________Fighting___Status_____N/A____
Lv18___Nightmare______Ghost_____Status_____N/A___
Lv22___Protect________Normal_____Status_____N/A__
Lv27___Shadow Sneak__Ghost_____Status______40___
Lv38___Shadow Punch__Ghost_____Physical_____60___
Lv44___Circle Throw____Fighting___Physical_____60___
Lv50___Mach Punch____Fighting___Physical_____40___
Lv59___Hammer Arm___Fighting___Physical_____100__

TM06____Toxic________Poison____Status______N/A____
TM08____Bulk Up______Fighting___Status______N/A____
TM12____Taunt________Dark______Status______N/A___
TM17____Protect_______Normal____Status______N/A___
TM23____Smack Down__Rock______Physical____50____
TM26____Earthquake____Ground____Physical____100____
TM28____Dig__________Ground_____Physical____80____
TM31____Brick Break___Fighting____Physical_____70____
TM44____Rest__________Psychic____Status_____N/A___
TM54____False Swipe___Normal_____Physical____N/A___
TM61____Will-O-Wisp____Fire_______Status______N/A___
TM71____Stone Edge____Rock_____Physical_____100___
TM84____Poison Jab____Poison_____Physical____80____
TM89____U-Turn________Bug______Physical_____70____
TM90____Substitute_____Normal____Status_____N/A___
TM92____Trick Room____Psychic___Status______N/A__
HM01____Cut__________Normal____Physical____50____
HM03____Surf_________Water_____Special______95___
HM05____Waterfall_____Water_____Physical_____80___
HM06____Dive_________Water_____Physical_____80___

TYPE MATCHUPS:
Weak To:
Flying x2, Psychic x2, Ghost x2
Resistant To:
Poison x0.5, Bug x0.25, Rock x0.5
Unaffected By:
Fighting x0, Normal x0

Bagrot - by [member]Reshiwott[/member]
Bagrot

2kn40k.png

The Rotting Bag Pokemon

Base Stats-

Atk 200
Def 55
Sp.A 55
Sp.D 55
Spe 135

BST: 500

Level Up Moves- (St = Lv1)

St- Bite
St- Stockpile
St- Swallow
5- Thunder Fang
8- Ice Fang
11- Fire Fang
28- Poison Fang
37- Dark Pulse
45- Sleep Powder
53- Power Whip

Description:

It once was used on Halloween, but recieved no candy. It decided to get revenge, and therefore was reborn.

Voting ends soon, I think. Please cast more. It's been over half a week, and there should have been more than just five votes for this.

Voting ends tomorrow. (It's been a week to vote)

Oh my god. I forgot about this....
I had my entry and everything.

:(

Well it looks like [member]silazu[/member] gets the win with Gytrook!
Congrats!

Everyone be sure to enter in the next contest!

Back