Fake Pre-Release Pack Boxes

Summer

Aspiring Trainer
I went to a league today, and one of my friends recently came back from a family trip to California. She brought back 3 "Pre-Release" packs. They contained 40 cards, just like what you would use at a pre-release. Except, all the cards were fake except for the commons and uncommons. In one of the packs my friend had, there was an Arceus Level X but it was spelt 'Arcys' or something like that. The back of the pack said Pokemon USA, however, so it looked perfectly legit.

I was just curious if anyone else has seen boxes like these. They were kinda small, just a little bigger than the size of a card.

I saw those in a little convenience store in Petaluma, CA and they are 100% fake. There's no official Nintendo seal.

I saw a Nintendo seal on the packs my friend had. They were being sold for 4 dollars each, 3 for 10. It looked like a pretty good scam, though you could instantly tell the fake cards from the real cards.

Haha, they have those at a little store in a mall downtown. Me and my girlfriend went on a hunt for some, she likes that kind of stuff.

Yeah, there's tons of fake cards out there. Everything looks real on the pack and the description of the pack type is right.The Pokemon are right, it's very hard to find from the outside but once you open them it's easy to see they're fake.

The pokemon are not right and you'd have to be a bit unintelligent to think what I'm thinking of is real. They're weirdly shaped(for pokemon cards) boxes with actual card artwork on the front, a prerelease logo and a random set logo. Inside are random disorganized extremely fake-looking cards, half of them from different sets than the box suggests.

Yea in Chinatown Newyork the shops are floded with those types of cards most of them even had a nintendo seal, I wish I hadnt wasted all my savings on those cards, I was a little suprised that they were soo cheap compared to the prices back in miami

I know! My friend got them from Chinatown in California. I don't know why somebody doesn't report the seller to the police for fraud or sue them or something. I don't really know if 4 bucks is something to go to the police over though :D hahaha

Meaty said:
The pokemon are not right and you'd have to be a bit unintelligent to think what I'm thinking of is real. They're weirdly shaped(for pokemon cards) boxes with actual card artwork on the front, a prerelease logo and a random set logo. Inside are random disorganized extremely fake-looking cards, half of them from different sets than the box suggests.
Everything that you said sounds similar, except that the Box looks regular. The only way I can tell is that the sides of the box, where the packs show, look the same. This means the Pokemon packs aren't separated, instead consecutively placed. Plus the packs are baggy, unlike the real ones which are just a tiny bit bigger than the cards.

Just to let you know, unless there's something new that I've never heard of, there's no such thing as a pre-release pack. At a pre-relase, you get six, standard 10-card packs of pokemon cards. If it's not a 10-card pack, or a theme deck, it's most likely fake (Very few exceptions). There are other fake signs other than that, but that is the obvious one.

I really don't care if it's a pre-release thing or whatever, that's just what I remember seeing on the box. I'm probably wrong, so sue me if it matters that much to you people lol. But yea, the boxes are stupid and fake

yeah it's fake. too good to be true and Arcys just doesn't seem right...lol. fake cards ARE everywhere. my friend gave me a fake dusknoir

Saw them at the Marin County Fair up here in California. Very obvious fakes to my eye but I could see some people falling for them.

u can tell those packs are fake just by feeling them even though they look legit and stuff.feel the pack itself if its very loose its fake

Yea, I found these in Chinatown Calgary. Haha, I like fake cards though. I find it fun to open them and laugh at how cheesy it is! :D

they're fake, my sister got me some in china town once. some of the cards were backwards and there was a "nidoueen" in it.

Back