• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Fairytales (Xerneas Ex / Aromatisse)

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
FAIRYTALES

POKEMON (12):
  • 3 Xerneas EX (beatdown)
  • 3 Xerneas (beatdown)
  • 2 Aromatisse (enable)
  • 2 Spritzee (evolution)
  • 1 Keldeo EX (switch)
  • 1 Mr. Mime (save)

SUPPORTER / ITEMS / STADIUM (37):
  • 4 Professor Juniper (draw)
  • 3 Shauna (draw)
  • 3 Skyla (search)
  • 3 N (draw)
  • 1 Dowsing Maschine (resuse)
  • 3 Hypnotoxic Laser (disable)
  • 3 Muscle Band (beatdown)
  • 2 Tool Scrapper (removal)
  • 2 Super Rod (retrieval)
  • 2 Max Potion (cures)
  • 3 Level Ball (search)
  • 3 Ultra Ball (search)
  • 2 Bicycles (draw)
  • 3 Fairy Garden (retreat)

ENERGY (11):
  • 11 Fairy Energy

STRATEGY:

Start with Xerneas and fill the bench with fairies. You want one Xerneas Ex and Spritzee on the bench turn one. For this reason the deck runs 13 draw supporters and a total of six balls to search out the needed Pokémon. Geo Control to attach one Fairy energy to two benched Pokémon. Next turn evolve into Aromatisse and start to attack.

Fairy Garden allows Xerneas and even Keldeo Ex to retreat for free. The latter one is in the deck to shake off status effects such as sleep and paralysis. Muscle Band and Laser allow for ohkos and Max Potion works well with Aromatisse to rescue Xerneas Ex in case he has not been ohkoed.

The deck runs Keldeo Ex instead of Slurpuff because it consumes less deck space.

This deck looks solid. one card that I think would help would be Super rod. There are always moments when needed energy and/or Pokemon hit the discard pile and you need them back. I gotta proxy this and take to my league.

Hi 4te,

Thanks for the review. One tech super Rod sounds good. While Exp. Share should on paper cover the energy loose it helps to retrieve lost cards from time to time. Any idea on what to take out for the one tech Super Rod?

Btw: Please let me know how the deck did at your league. It is someone elses deck but I am nonetheless interested in its performance.

Hi folks,

Revised the deck list to include Shauna and Fairy Garden. The former increases raw draw power while the latter acts like Dark Cloak in stadium form. The new stadium card makes the deck less reliant on Keldeo and combos well with him to shake off status effects at little to no costs due to Aromatisse.

-1 Colress
-1 Muscle Band

Colress is highly inconsistent, you can't guarantee enough benched Pokemon T1 or T2 for Colress to be effective (and that's literally the only time it's necessary).

Are 4 Muscles necessary?

+1 Shauna
+1 Super Rod

Hi blaZofgold,

Thanks for the review. The modifications sound good. Will remove one Colress for a fourth Shauna. Four Muscle Band were in the deck to enable Xerneas Ex to ohko but three could suffice. Will edit the deck list above.

I'm currently play-testing this deck right now, it's what I want to use from now on (since I'm hoping Fairies are going to get some nice buffs before Worlds, and investing in XY also gives me access to Trevenant :D)

I get consistent T2-3 Xerneas using Geomancy, the problem is getting both Xerneas and the EX up fast enough. How fast would you like this deck to work? It's an easy T5 KO, but I'm not sure what the current meta standard is.

For speed suggestions, I would venture
-2 Colress
+1 Ultra Ball
+1 N

and possibly
-4 HTL
+4 Skates

The above would allow for even faster setups, average T3 Xerneas EX. Currently for this deck T4 would be amazing, T5 is average. Also, I'm not a big fan of HTL without Virbank. This is my rationale: would I want to flip heads and make them fall asleep, or flip heads and draw 3 cards?

Besides, Virizion and Keldeo laughs in the face of status.

Hi

I use three Xerneas Ex and three Xerneas non-Ex which is perfectly legal. The non-ex version comes in the Xerneas 30 card preconstructed decks in Japan and they are assumed to be in the main set in the U.S. Please check the spoilers in the original post.

Xerneas
Basic Fairy Pokemon
HP130
[Y] Geo Control
Choose 2 of your Benched Pokemon. Search your deck for a [Y] Energy for each Pokemon you chose and attach the [Y] Energy to them. Shuffle your deck afterwards.
[Y][Y][C] Rainbow Lance: 100
Discard 1 Energy attached to this Pokemon.
Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: Darkness (-20)
Retreat: 2

Xerneas EX
Basic Fairy Pokemon
HP170
[Y][C][C] Break Through: 60
This attack does 30 damage to 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokemon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)
[Y][Y][C][C] X Blast: 140
This Pokemon can't use X Blast during your next turn.
When Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: Darkness (-20)
Retreat: 2

A major issue with this deck is the coin flip. If you go first you're kinda screwed, since you can't Geomancy T1. I don't forsee a consistent T2 X Blast for this deck, getting solid T3 would be the ideal. That ties with most Darkrai setups, and the Dark resist helps a bunch, so this deck should prove to be better than most Darkrai varients.

Where is the evolution soda? You have a great card to use and you just dismiss it. Also I suggest 4 N just for consistency (if you can find space)
How about...
-1 Escape rope (1 is enough)
-1 Fairy garden (2 +dowsing is adequate)

+2 Evolution soda
Just so you can get aromatise and slurpuff out. BTW, love the deck.

zavtac said:
Where is the evolution soda? You have a great card to use and you just dismiss it. Also I suggest 4 N just for consistency (if you can find space)
How about...
-1 Escape rope (1 is enough)
-1 Fairy garden (2 +dowsing is adequate)

+2 Evolution soda
Just so you can get aromatise and slurpuff out. BTW, love the deck.

Level ball gets out his evolutions AND spritzee...No slurpuff is needed in this deck

Hi blaZofgold,

Sounds real interesting. Did not test the deck much myself since it is my girlfriends future deck once the 30 card packs are released in Japan at the end of the month. Most of the tweaks from myself to her deck are entrapolations for different darkness decks.

Consistent T2-3 Xerneas Ex sound good. Could you let me know more about your test runs either in a reply or in a pm? Would like to know whether the deck works like she wants before we purchase single cards. My own Darkness decks have been tested out and seem to get a reliable T2-3 Darkrai and another attacker. Need to burn my deck to achieve this aim. Would not count Darkness decks out. At least on paper it looks like a rather even match.

Like Trevenant too but the status lock hatred in our area and the darkness weakness scared me away to run it as a possible second deck for myself. If this trend remains my Darkness deck will be mainly used in the Black Toxin version but I still need to iron out 1-2 kinks in that version to make it reliable and a little more tolerant to small misuses.

In our small community speed decks and lockdown decks will be common since these decks flow best with their users. Would like a T2-3 Xerneas Ex with 3-4 energies on the field and someone else in addition to Aromattisse on the bench. Was considering 4-4-4 for Juniper, Shauna and N myself but was not sure of it since Colress tends to draw at least as much as a T1 N after T4 at the moment.

I get consistent T2-3 Xerneas using Geomancy, the problem is getting both Xerneas and the EX up fast enough. How fast would you like this deck to work? It's an easy T5 KO, but I'm not sure what the current meta standard is.

Not a big Roller Skates fan since it is a coin flip card. As mentioned above I considered 4-4-4 on the more stable draw trainers and possibly 2 Random Receivers. maybe there is still a need to mess with the balls engine to make the deck sufficiently fast.

Hypnotoxic Laser acts more like Plus Power in this deck but Virizion surely would mess that up. Darkness decks can run Garbodor to maintain their tactic of speed beatdown but Fairies cannot do the same.

Hi zavtac,

Thanks for the review. Like Elbow pointed out Evolution Soda was not needed since Fast Ball can get the two Aromatisse out too. Slurpuff was replaced with Keldeo Ex since needed too much deck space which tended to slow the deck down. Slurpuff would be better in miror matches since most speed beatdown decks tend to benefit the most from the enhanced PlusPower effect this card provides.

Keldeo EX and Aromatisse helps against the lock matchup, easily avoiding the trainer lock (which is also why I run DCE and not 11 fairy, for Just-in-case retreat times for keldeo/other mons').
I tested the deck over this last weekend 2 times and I have to say it works really well in meta game format. I do have to find more room for a switch/2, but it really isn't that difficult to get up a T2 Xerneas EX even if you have a bad start.

Hi Elbow,

Sounds interesting. Seems like this could be the next deck for my girlfriend. Did you also test with Speed Darkness decks? We only tested four times with proxy cards and used two different versions posted at this forum so the results are not quite representative to make educated guesses on their basis. Thats why I am interested in other players experiences with similar decks.

BTW: Could use some help for my own deck. The Garbodor variant has troubles to fit in the single Super Rod that seems to be needed from time to time without sacrificing speed or consistency. Any ideas on this issue?

Dark Espeon said:
Hi Elbow,

Sounds interesting. Seems like this could be the next deck for my girlfriend. Did you also test with Speed Darkness decks? We only tested four times with proxy cards and used two different versions posted at this forum so the results are not quite representative to make educated guesses on their basis. Thats why I am interested in other players experiences with similar decks.

BTW: Could use some help for my own deck. The Garbodor variant has troubles to fit in the single Super Rod that seems to be needed from time to time without sacrificing speed or consistency. Any ideas on this issue?

I tested against speed darkrai and GarbRai, speed was much easier, but garb was easy if you conserved the dowsing machine for a tool scrapper. Even though I used my list and not yours, I am definitely trying to find a space for another switch or a skyla. Being stuck up front with a Xerneas isn't fun...

Hi Elbow,

Thats interesting. Our lists do not differ much so the results should be applicable to a certain extent. Black Toxin with well time Yveltal Ex did hurt a lot while standard speed Darkness was an almost even match from our test runs because Darkness decks are on usual a little faster. Might consider 2-3 Double Colorless in my list too but will need to see how it does. Thanks for the assistance :).

One thing I was considering with this deck in teching in some rainbow energy, Virizion EX and Victini EX. Virizion EX can take the place of Keldeo EX, as you could move the rainbow energy to your active to cure status effects, and Victini EX is a solid counter to steel type Pokemon that this deck is weak to. It's likely that steel types will be played more often with the addition of fairy type, and Victini EX can one shot steel type EX's like Cobalion, saving your fairies. Another reason is that Victini EX can also one shot Genesect EX and Virizion EX, which is a very popular deck right now.

Hi Zephyr_Force,

Thanks for the review. Virizion Ex is indeed and option but it would force me to switch DCE for Prism.

Back