Fairy-Type Representation in the TCG

Hegafire

>Disappears for months > Appears randomly
If Fairy Type turns out to be real, what [Type in the TCG] do you guys think it will be represented with? Will it get it's own type? I think it will be represented by either Psychic or Normal.

RE: Fairy Type Location

Forgot about this. Typing in the TCG:

Colorless - Normal and Flying
Grass - Grass and Bug
Fire - Fire
Water - Water and Ice
Lightning - Electric
Psychic - Psychic, Ghost and Poison
Fighting - Fighting, Rock and Ground
Darkness - Dark
Metal - Steel
Dragon - Dragon

I would say that Psychic would be the best fit but there're already 3 types there if not Colorless where there are 2 already and were 3 just a year ago (maybe they made Dragon 1 because of Fairy type getting in Colorless?). They might as well make it just 1 type but as Dragon got its type recently, I would be surprised if they implement it.

Also, what will be its Weakness (resistance will be Dragon obviously)? What types would be weak to Fairy (in case it gets its own)?

Weakness I would say that it will be Metal. In case its just 1, Dragon won't be weak to it, maybe Dark or Fighting.

Flygon2071 said:

Grass - Grass and Bug
Fire - Fire
Water - Water and Ice
Lightning - Electric
Darkness - Dark
Metal - Steel
Dragon - Dragon

I would say that Psychic would be the best fit but there're already 3 types there if not Colorless where there are 2 already and were 3 just a year ago (maybe they made Dragon 1 because of Fairy type getting in Colorless?). They might as well make it just 1 type but as Dragon got its type recently, I would be surprised if they implement it.

Also, what will be its Weakness (resistance will be Dragon obviously)? What types would be weak to Fairy (in case it gets its own)?

Weakness I would say that it will be Metal. In case its just 1, Dragon won't be weak to it, maybe Dark or Fighting.

Fighting already has three, and Dark doesn't seem very Fairy-like... I too doubt that it'll get a new type, but they gave Dark and Metal their own types when they came out. Metal easily could have been classified as Fighting.

Personally, I can see all the types represented in the TCG. Dragon type has already shown that you dont need to have a Dragon energy. They could all be implemented only to make the weaknesses and resistances accurate.

Either Colorless or a new type (hopefully not).

Hegafire0 said:
Flygon2071 said:

Grass - Grass and Bug
Fire - Fire
Water - Water and Ice
Lightning - Electric
Darkness - Dark
Metal - Steel
Dragon - Dragon

Fighting already has three, and Dark doesn't seem very Fairy-like... I too doubt that it'll get a new type, but they gave Dark and Metal their own types when they came out. Metal easily could have been classified as Fighting.

The last sentence I meant that Fighting and Dark could be weak to Fairy in case it gets a new type.

Oh, I thought you were saying to put them there. That makes a lot more sense. Maybe a couple dragons would be weak to fairy. If we get a Dragon-Steel type in Gen VI, it would make sense as the weakness.

EDIT-
Forgot Dialga... Derp

Hegafire0 said:
Oh, I thought you were saying to put them there. That makes a lot more sense. Maybe a couple dragons would be weak to fairy. If we get a Dragon-Steel type in Gen VI, it would make sense as the weakness.

I agree even though Dialga is still weak to Dragon and Kingdra has been weak to Lightning (when being [W] type).

I would rather them just make a new pink background for them like how dragons got their background. Better yet, hopefully with XY, dragon and fairy types will get their own basic energys. It would be the perfect time to start seeing that it'd be a brand new generations base set.

I'd imagine they will end up Colorless to be honest. No other existing types make sense (unless they do Lightning, which would be interesting), and Dragon shows they're unwilling to introduce a new basic energy type. (Unless they plan to also change Dragons in XY.) There's also the fact most existing Pokemon that will become Fairies are likely Normal currently. (Say, the Clefable/Togekiss/Blissey lines.) Colorless could do with some more weakness/resistance variety, as they're all weak to Fighting or Lightning and resistant to Fighting or nothing. (Which in itself is an interesting combination, but they don't get enough dual-types to provide more variety like a type like Psychic does.)

I'd guess TCG-wise, they will be Colorless-types weak to Metal (no way are they getting a Psychic weakness), resistant to Dragon, resisted by Fire (or nothing, but I'd expect with how common Water is, they'd make Fire have an extra advantage) and hit either Dark OR Fighting-types for weakness. (Probably Dark, especially given 3 TCG-types are hit by Fighting for weakness while only 2 are hit by Psychic. It also makes sense from a "light vs. dark" aspect, which I expect they'd like to represent.)

Hegafire0 said:
If Fairy Type turns out to be real, what do you guys think it will be represented with? Will it get it's own type? I think it will be represented by either Psychic or Normal.

Well look at this for a second. IF and I'm only saying if fairy type is added it's gonna something to look forward to ( no doubt), BUT due to the info given that states "the source of the rumors appears to be someone attending DigiPen, a college focused on game design in Washington state near Nintendo’s Headquarters. They claim to have played a beta version of the game. "

1. No , reason I say no is because Gamefreak would not let college students play a " beta version of the game" especially since this info is three months after x and y were announced for october.
2. It would be nice to have a new type that balances the types a bit, I just don't think (opinion) that a "fairy type" would do let alone the fact that fairy is an egg group.
3. I also know that some types like dragon and steel(metallic) are egg groups but they were immediately made into types. The fairy egg group has been around since red and blue. If they were to make fairy a type it would be a little too late

RE: Fairy Type representation in the TCG

Dark and Steel got their own TCG types when they were introduced. Why wouldn't Fairy?

I'm wondering (if Fairy-type is true) how long a new type has been planned...and if that is one of the reasons Dragon received its own TCG type in the BW-era. It makes sense to me that as Dragon has been recently shifted out from Colorless representation that Fairy would shift in. I've been using this TCG Dragon shift as a possible justification for a new type, honestly.

All-in-all, I agree with much of what RiverShock has said.

If Fairy turns out to be true, then I think they'd probably give it its own type in the TCG like they did for Dark(ness) and Steel/Metal. The card pool might be a bit limited depending on how many older Pokemon they convert and how many newer ones they introduce, but Dark, Metal and Dragon all sort of had the same problem when they were new as well. I agree with the opinions that they'd be weak to Metal (which usually only beats Ice-based Water cards right now) and resist Dragon, with pink being the color that represents it.

I think it would have to be its own type. Why go through all the trouble of seperating Dragon type so that it is no longer weak to Colorless just to have it weak to it again if Fairy is added in? Because of that reason, I think its likely that it will receive its own type for the TCG.

evilpacman said:
I think it would have to be its own type. Why go through all the trouble of seperating Dragon type so that it is no longer weak to Colorless just to have it weak to it again if Fairy is added in? Because of that reason, I think its likely that it will receive its own type for the TCG.

Dragon wouldn't necessarily have to be weak to Colorless; it could retain its Dragon weakness and just have Fairy-type Colorless Pokémon resist Dragon (assuming the leaked type match ups are correct).

If Fairy DOES get its own type in the TCG, would it get its own basic energy then...pink, I guess? With the basic colors (plus black and white and silver and gold) already represented (as well as a type which can use any type of energy and type that has no Energy of its type), things just seem pretty balanced now.

I highly doubt we will get any more energy types, and I hope there won't be any more energy types.

Back