Discussion Excadrill / Aromatisse / M Mewtwo-EX?

GengarGuys

"Pickle Enthusiast"
Ok, ok now I know what you're thinking, this deck is WAAAAAY too clunky, but I do have some good reasoning for this deck. First off the format is slowing down, what with all of the Stage 2s getting more and more powerful and the introduction of BREAK Pokemon I think that this deck could do something.

So moving onto the synergy of the deck. Pretty much Excardrill (PRC) uses the attack dredge to gain 4 energies from the deck and attach them to Excadrill who then has Aromatisse (XY) to use Fairy Transfer to then send the energies to M Mewtwo-EX (BRT) the end. So here are all of the cards if you are looking for the particulars.

XY5_EN_97.png
XY8_EN_160.png
XY1_EN_93.png

Thanks for your time

-Gengar

This deck has a primary flaw - the ease on which Excadrill gets Knocked Out. If you stick it up in the Active and get 4 Energy cards, you need to hope that it doesn't get killed in return (which is always highly likely0, otherwise any other form of accelerator (i.e. Bronzong) will be better. Really the only way to preserve energy is using a lot of Exp. Share and/or Head Ringer.

In theory if you go first and you can get a turn 2 Excadrill or even turn 1 with Wally (RSK) it isn't that likely for your opponent to do 110 damage on their first turn or second for that matter.

In theory if you go first and you can get a turn 2 Excadrill or even turn 1 with Wally (RSK) it isn't that likely for your opponent to do 110 damage on their first turn or second for that matter.

Actually... it's highly likely that a deck can retaliate with 110+ damage second turn.

Here is a list of competitive Pokemon that can do 110 damage or more by their turn 2:
- M-Rayquaza-EX
- Vespiquen
- Night March
- (M-)Manectric-EX
- M-Mewtwo-EX
- Lugia-EX
- Yveltal-EX
- Flareon
- Raichu
- Keldeo-EX
- P-Kyogre-EX

Bordeline:
- Tyrantrum-EX
- Sceptile-EX (w/Ariados)
- Camerupt-EX
- Zoroark/Zoroark BREAK

Here is a list of Pokemon that cannot do 110 damage or more by their turn 2:
- Seismitoad-EX
- P-Groudon-EX (However Wobbuffet prevents moving Energy anyway)
- Giratina-EX (Standard; otherwise borderline in Expanded).
- Sableye (Although the deck falls to Garbodor anyways)
- Accelgor
- Donphan

Point taken I will admit that Vespiquen, Night March, Manectric-EX, and Yveltal-EX, would do work on me but not exactly the others, just because of how much they are played. Thanks for the consideration of the deck! I thought that the deck could have some good playability in my area of Texas because of how much Seismitoad, Giratina, and Primal-Groudon-EX are used in my area.

If you're set on a fairy engine for Mewtwo-Y support, why not just use XY Xerneas? It's a basic, you'd typically go second to land the turn-1 Geomancy, and not expend resources trying to force an evolution onto your field. I mean, Wally sounds good in theory, but I've found more often than not that after turn-1 it's a nearly dead card. And I tried running Excadrill-Eevees with Wally for maximum turn-1 shenanigans, and it's not as useful to pull off as it sounds.

I recently played against someone who ran a similar deck, but without Aromatisse. My opponent used Landorus as his/her starter and Fighting energy-attachment accelerator. Hawlucha (FUF) was also incorporated into the deck, as well.

Back