• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Example Deck Garage Thread (Wobbuffet / Crobat)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mora

Don't Panic
Here is an example thread for a properly formatted deck list. Notice that the title contains the correct Prefix, and the Pokemon that are in the deck list are present, along with an optional, super-catchy name!

When listing Pokemon in the deck list, be sure to provide the set abbreviation if there is more than one of that Pokemon available in the given format. The collection numbers are also helpful if there’s more than one Pokemon of the same name in the given set. You don’t need to provide set abbreviations at all for Trainers or Energy. And remember to always use proper capitalization and accurate spelling of the Pokemons’ and Trainers’ names!

Your deck list should be neat and easy to read so that other users are more easily able to provide you with feedback. For this reason, we strongly recommend that you use the format below for laying out your deck list.

Pokémon: 17
  • 4 Wobbuffet PHF
  • 3 Crobat PHF
  • 4 Golbat PHF
  • 4 Zubat PHF
  • 2 Shaymin EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 35
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 3 AZ
  • 2 Bridgette
  • 1 Teammates
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 3 Super Scoop Up
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 4 Dimension Valley
Energy: 8
  • 6 Psychic Energy
  • 2 Mystery Energy
Strategy:

(Remember that if you have a rogue deck or a deck that might be difficult to understand, you must include a strategy; otherwise, no one will know what you're talking about, meaning we can't help you!)

The Strategy is to use Crobat and Golbat's Surprise / Sneaky Bite Abilities to set up the KO's for Wobbuffet. Wobbuffet is the main attacker and will almost always be Active, so you can reliably shut off your opponent's Abilities, such as Shaymins, for most of the game. I also play Shaymins of my own because I'm the one who can control when Wobbuffet is Active and shutting off Abilities. I can send up a Golbat or Crobat when a Wobbuffet is Knocked Out and use Set Up before retreating into Wobbuffet to attack.

The math for this deck catches a lot of opponent's off guard. Two Golbats, a Crobat, and a Muscle Band means that Wobbuffet is OHKO'ing things like Manectric EX, and anything less than that is still setting up future Knock Outs on other things on the Bench. Not being able to play Shaymins can slow your opponent down, but even if they do get to bench Shaymins, they become prime targets for Surprise Bites late game and easy prizes. The biggest problem with playing this deck is knowing where to put your damage so that you use each Bite efficiently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back