TCG Fakes EX: Dragoon Island Image-Based Set (Jabber/steffenka Collab)

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
QefWzoc.png

Here be dragons.

Enter Dragoon Island, a small archipelago in the middle of the ocean, far from any known Pokémon region. Here, one may find all manner of life, but with one thing the same about it all––every Pokémon on Dragoon Island, even those that wouldn't be in other areas, is Dragon-type. Truly, this is an island for masters. Do you have what it takes to tame the dragons?

New project, whee! This here's an ongoing collaboration between the brilliant @steffenka and myself; a miniset featuring Dragoonian Pokémon, the details of which you can find over at steff's thread. All Dragoonian Pokémon in the set are dual-typed, showcasing both their imagined types in one card.

And, if you hadn't already guessed by the title and banner, it's an EX-era set! So in addition to Dual-types, Pokémon-ex and Pokémon Star are both very likely to make appearances. Thanks so much to Metagross101 (@AwesomeEevee here on PB) for the blanks. :)

EX: Dragoon Island is a mini-set of 39 cards, not counting Secret Rares.

G3qHp8V.png
vtDyJiy.png
L9gDCVN.png
hAnkTJk.png
FVjTRIH.png
Qz7WpWE.png
mIpZ5gO.png
ehER71j.png

Last edited:
Oooo! Am I excited to see a collab between a card faker and a fakemoner (?)! It's also nice to see the ex-era blanks getting a bit of use, since they haven't ever been particularly popular, as nice as they are, unfortunately. I did notice that the art for Dragoonian Vanilluxe is unusually dull though, perhaps even slightly yellow-tint; is that intentional? I'd imagine a few 'screen' overlays or other blending filters, or just some adjustment to the Brightness/Contrast/Saturation and Colour sliders should fix it up.

I did notice that the art for Dragoonian Vanilluxe is unusually dull though, perhaps even slightly yellow-tint; is that intentional? I'd imagine a few 'screen' overlays or other blending filters, or just some adjustment to the Brightness/Contrast/Saturation and Colour sliders should fix it up.
Hmm, I see what you mean. I tried applying a Screen overlay and I like the way it turned out much more (thanks for the suggestion! ^.^). Added the new one to the OP, and here it is again for reference:
hAnkTJk.png

Also, first update! Introducing Rockruff, Dragoonian Bisharp, and Dragoonian Tsareena!

Qz7WpWE.png
ehER71j.png
vtDyJiy.png

I know I'm not updating this quite as frequently as I used to update my previous threads, but lately I've had a lot going on. Rest assured, I'm hard at work on CaC judging as well. :p

Have another update! Here are Purrloin and Dragoonian Salandit. Salandit was designed with an eventual deck archetype in mind, once I work my way through a few more cards. Not certain about the wording for Sudden Bite––if anyone knows it's wrong and you know the correct wording, I'd love to hear it. :)

mIpZ5gO.png
FVjTRIH.png

Back