• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Every Day I'm Shuffling (Unfezant / Slurpuff / Swampert)

Thunder Crown

Aspiring Trainer
Years late i know

The Decklist:

Pokemon: 15
  • 4-1-4 Unfezant (ROS 80)
  • 2-2 Slurpuff (PHF)
  • 2 Swampert (Ancient Trait)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 35
  • 3 Professor Juniper
  • 3 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 Archie's Ace in the Hole
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Ace Trainer
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Acro Bike
  • 3 Rare Candy
  • 2 Battle Compressor
  • 2 Professor's Letter
  • 1 Switch
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 2 Silent Lab
Energy: 10
  • 6 Water Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
Strategy:

The star of this deck is Unfezant, from Roaring Skies (not the Ancient Trait one). He has 130 HP, is a Stage 2, is Colorless, and has a retreat of one. We try to get him out Turn 2 with Rare Candy. For one Colorless he can use Quick Attack for 30, which can hit for 30 more if you flip heads. The second attack costs three Colorless energy and is named "Strong Winds", with one of the most powerful moves in the game: it shuffles all cards attached to all Pokemon in play. If you thought Hammers were bad, Strong Winds forces you to search out all your Energy cards again and your Tool cards. Naturally continuously feeding energy to an Unfezant would be difficult which brings us to the next part of the deck.

Swampert from Ancient Origins lets us search for one card (usually a Prof Letter or DCE) and topdeck it. Archie's Ace in the Hole allows us to play it without running a fragile Mudkip line. We max our Ultra Ball, VS Seeker, and Acro Bike to get those cards into the discard/hand. We also run two Battle Compressor for consistency. Slurpuff can let us draw cards, making it easier to get the cards we need. It also works well with Swampert. Professor's Letter can search for Energy, letting us use Quick Attack and deal some damage while we charge up Strong Winds for disruption. Standard Supporter line for consistency, but 3 Sycamore because I hate discarding DCE, Rare Candy, and other important cards.

Silent Lab can shut down Wobbuffet, Aegislash-EX, etc. and is a good tech overall. Hex Maniac allows you to stop Vileplume and stuff, while we hopefully use our Abilities before we play her. 1-1 Switch Escape Rope for Lysandre and Swirlix starts (if you have Slurpuff, evolve and draw 2 then get her out of the active), and 2 Lysandre because we can get benchwarmers into play and he buys us turns for a Strong Wind, while also just being a good card.

Our ideal setup would be an Active Unfezant with a Water + DCE, a Swampert + Swirlix on bench with maybe more Unfezant and Swirlix, and Water + DCE in hand. We would Strong Winds if they have key Energy in play, than Quick Attack in between while loading your hand with more energy and putting it on Unfezant.

Problems:
Running a Stage 2 guarantees consistency problems, but the biggest problem is the search engine. If we run 1-1 Swampert Archie, we have to hope neither is prized or the game will get hard without reliable DCE search (Solrock is bad). Even with 2-2, they often are dead in hand unless we have Ultra Balls. So basically consistency issues.

Fixes:
Things to consider
Shaymin-EX
Level Ball
???

All suggestions are welcome

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand the overall idea of the deck. But whats the win condition? With Unfezant you can shuffle everything into the deck, but how do you win the game? Unfezant only does60 damage max with a good flip. Why not run Miltank to do 80 damage for only 1 energy.

I understand the overall idea of the deck. But whats the win condition? With Unfezant you can shuffle everything into the deck, but how do you win the game? Unfezant only does60 damage max with a good flip. Why not run Miltank to do 80 damage for only 1 energy.
Yeah thats probably the problem with the deck... 45 average for an energy isn't that great. Starmie is a nice mon, after a shuffle your opponent's pokemon all have no energy and it can do 80 for one energy while having a free retreat cost. I'll probably test a secondary attacker out, thanks for the feedback

Yeah thats probably the problem with the deck... 45 average for an energy isn't that great. Starmie is a nice mon, after a shuffle your opponent's pokemon all have no energy and it can do 80 for one energy while having a free retreat cost. I'll probably test a secondary attacker out, thanks for the feedback

I love Starmie as a card and I think this could work. Maybe run Dimension Valley so you can attack for free?

I love Starmie as a card and I think this could work. Maybe run Dimension Valley so you can attack for free?
Lol I forgot to mention that. Starmie only works with d valley because after a shuffle chances are they don't have energy and you don't need energy to attack xD. Still testing

I don't think of this as a competitive deck but more a troll deck. To make this deck able to consistently use Strong Winds, I suggest running a Flareon with the ability Flare Effect to allow Unfezant to be able to make use of the supporter Blacksmith.

This is quite an interesting rogue deck! I can give some suggestions:

-One way to add consistency is to add Winona to quickly get out the Pidoves and Unfeazant. This can be useful for a deck like this, as it will be easy to draw out with Swampert, and Miltank could also be drawn out in case you want to add it.
-4 Acro Bike is disturbing, as since you're using Unfeazant to reshuffle all cards back into you and your player's deck, you're really extending the time of the game, and given how low damage out put can get with your deck, You could end up decking out faster than your opponent with the bikes. Maybe Trainer's Mail could be a better option. I'm not sure, though...
-DCE is really powerful, and in many decks a player just needs to attach one from their deck to ruin your strategy (Raichu, Vespiquen, Night March, etc.). Maybe tech in some Enhanced Hammers and/or Xerosic into your deck to get rid of them.
-A Head Ringer could be an interesting use for this deck, if the rules allow you to shuffle it back into your corresponding deck. (I don't exactly know how the rules work.)
-Altaria ROS might help you defend against Unfeazant's weakness, if it bothers you.

You don't have to use my suggestions, but I hope this helps. I hope your deck idea succeeds somehow!

Back