Discussion Ever seen anyone play with Toploaders?

lt_tatter

donde esta la biblioteca?
Just curious if it is allowed to play with a full deck in top loaders? I know it sounds silly but I have seen people who play rather expensive magic decks all in double sleeves and top loaders. Maybe someone running a deck with 3 or 4 full art shaymins? Just wondering if anyone has ever seen or considered this.

Edit: I just remembered they aren't top loaders the magic players use, they are the ultra pro semi rigid holders. Even so the decks looked massive.

Last edited:
Just curious if it is allowed to play with a full deck in top loaders? I know it sounds silly but i have seen people who play rather expensive magic decks all in double sleeves and top loaders. Maybe someone running a deck with 3 or 4 full art shaymins? Just wondering if anyone has ever seen or considered this.
I have never seen anyone play with toploaders, and I wouldn't suggest doing it either, because it will be terrible shuffling.

Yeah i figured using those would be terrible, but if your trying to keep your deck in a freshly pulled state while still wanting to play is why I've seen the magic players using semi rigid holders (an edit from my last post)

Last edited:
I've never seen it personally, but a friend at my league also plays another game competitively (A Japanese title that escapes me at the moment.) and he saw someone playing in full top loaders at a large tournament. The judges talked to the player before the tournament started to make sure he could sufficiently randomize his deck quickly enough to not slow down his play. Apparently he was able to shuffle them faster than most players shuffle in normal sleeves using a table shuffle method, and was allowed to use them.

In that game the creators sign some cards, which can make them EXTREMELY expensive so I totally understand keeping them nice, but I don't think I could do it myself.

I did that once MANY years ago. Shuffling that mess is super hard and then I took them off. It was just too much - like you have to shuffle 4 or 5 different piles and then put them together and with people thinking everyone is trying to cheat lately, good luck trying to play anyone but friends with them. Also you'll never be allowed to enter a tournament with them. Some T.O.s wont let you double sleeve.

Back when I was... Probably 12 or so? Yeah, that sounds right. Back then, I was playing Yu-Gi-Oh! at a local shop, and this one guy had a deck that used the semi-rigid toploaders. He had the hardest time shuffling, yet he always got what he needed. Whiiiiiich... In retrospect, he was probably cheating.

So yeah, I'm fully against it, because it's so cumbersome.

I did that back in the 90's.. and just like everyone stated that has tried it, it is a TERRIBLE mess trying to shuffle all of it. I decided to do that because during one of my tournament plays, my opponent bent/creased my Zapdos holo card that was pack fresh. Once I figured out it was terrible to play with those hard cases I decided to not play at all due to other stupid kids not being careful with my cards.

Back