Writing Eric Damon: The Origin

Terra Force

WarGreymon FTW!
PROLOGUE

It was a blustery afternoon out at sea, when an aristocratic couple was sailing on their small family yacht with their infant son in his mother's arms. The wind suddenly picked up, and the small boat was headed straight for a fairly-sized rock. The boy's father attempted to steer clear of it, but unfortunately, he could not do so in time. The yacht hit the rock, tearing a large hole in its hull. it began to sink. The boy's parents frantically looked for a flare gun and two life preservers, but alas, it was far too late.The boat was about to capsize. The boy's mother put her son into a neatly woven basket and covered it with a blanket. She noticed an island out in the distance, she let the ocean take her child towards the island, hoping there was a small town nearby.

Technically, the mother did the right thing, as right after she and her husband drowned, a Dragonite was flying overhead. It dove down towards the water, and scooped the infant right up into its arms, basket and all. The Dragonite, named Ajagar, was headed towards the nearest large island, which had previously been untouched by man for centuries. Ajagar was very wise, and knew a pride of Pyroar and Litleo, which had some eggs that never ended up hatching, many weeks after they were laid. The wise Dragonite's intention was to give this helpless child, the likes of which had not been seen by the Pokemon of this remote island for an extremely long time, to the pride in hopes that they would raise him as they would their own.

Within minutes, Ajagar gently landed near the pride's favorite hunting grounds, as they entire pride of one male Pyroar, three females and seven offspring, had just finished eating their share of a Zebstrika the females had killed no more than an hour prior.

"Mahatma, may I have a word with you, please? I have a request of utmost importance." Ajagar asked the head of the pride.

Mahatma, the male Pyroar, walked over towards Ajagar, and inquired as to what Ajagar's request happened to be.

"I know your pride has had some eggs that never hatched, and I found this humanling floating out at sea." Ajagar told Mahatma. "There was a boat sinking and I saved him. His parents had drowned. I was hoping you could raise him as if he were your one of your young Litleo. I suggest you talk to the females about this before you make your decision."

Ajagar gently put the basket down onto the ground, and the three female Pyroar walked over after Mahatma had told them about the humanling.

"We have reached an agreement, Ajagar." Mahatma explained. "We will raise him alongside our own offspring as you requested."

Ajagar opened the basket, revealing the blond-haired, blue eyed infant, holding a blanket with the name "Eric" stitched onto it.

"Apparently the humanling's parents named him Eric." Ajagar added, after looking at the blanket. "Take good care of him, Mahatma. And don't let Temujin find out about him!"

(Author's notes #1)
Temujin, the "Shere Khan" of this story, will be a Krookodile.
"Ajagar" is the Hindi word for "Dragon", and he is this story's equivalent to The Jungle Book's Bagheera.
Mahatma is named after Gandhi himself.
The lead female of the Pyroar pride is named Sekhmet, after an Egyptian goddess who took the form of a lioness.
There was once an ancient civilization on the island, but they have since vanished without a trace. There are ruins here, though.
There will be a Diggersby named Shufo (a play on Pokemon YouTuber "Shofu", and is our answer to Baloo. We won't see him until Eric is a bit older.
Eric's best friend within his pride will be a Litleo named Koba.

Last edited:
Back