• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Eeveelutions GX (Post Guardians)

ArchaelTheDivine

Aspiring Trainer
[Square brackets have the current potential modifications]

Pokémon: 14

• 4 Eevee (S&M)
  • 2 Sylveon GX (Guardians Rising)[-1]
  • 2 Umbreon GX
  • 2 Espeon GX
  • 1 Wobbuffet (PHF)[-1]
  • 1 Vaporeon (Ancient Origins)
  • 1 Flareon (Ancient Origins)
  • 1 Jolteon (Ancient Origins)[-1]
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 33
  • 4 Lillie (Waifu) [-1 Though I'd rather not]
  • 3 N
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Team Skull Grunts[-1]
  • 1 Team Flare Grunts[-1]
  • 1 Pokemon Center Lady

• 1 Town Map
  • 1 Switch
  • 2 Professor's Letter
  • 4 Nest Ball
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Crushing Hammer[-4]
  • 1 Enhanced Hammer

• 2 Float Stone[-2]

• 1 Rough Seas[-1]
  • 1 Reverse Valley[+1]
Energy: 15
  • 3 Psychic Energy
  • 3 Dark Energy
  • 2 Fairy Energy
  • 4 Double Colourless Energy
  • 1 Fire Energy
  • 1 Water Energy
  • 1 Electric Energy[-1]
Potential Adds:
  • 4 Vs Seeker
  • 1 Kukui
  • 1 Pokemon Ranger
  • 1 Switch
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 1 Hala

Okay so clearly work needs to be done here. The card count's 62. My ratios are probably garbage. I probably have no idea what I'm doing. I'm new to the game and am looking for plenty of advice.

So what am I trying to do-

-Not run a sycamore engine (I love Lillie, and I often have to shuffle the gx back into the deck)

-Maintain type advantage ( jolt,vape,flare)

-Adapt (Win via energy exhaustion if they run low counts, or stack up damage with Espeon if the count is high, stall and deck them out if need be)

-Be open to adding future eeveelution GX should they come out (Gotta catch em all)

-Be ready for Sylveon GX to join the team (Goes hand in hand with the last point)

-I'm lacking some kind of recovery. I need that I think.

-I'm lacking non evolution ways of dealing damage. I've tried Umbreon ex and Espeon ex but they seem underwhelming.

-The deck tries to win with advantage of good positioning and play. Getting Lysandred absolutely savages all hope. Strategies to help against this.

-Do I need both nest ball and ultra ball? They're both super great. I just don't know what's too many or too few.

-I know shaymin is good. But I'm not getting shaymins unless the price drops which probably won't happen until it leaves standard at which point it won't help me. That is why there will be no shaymins in this decklist.

Aside from the things I've pointed out that I know I need help with any advice is appreciated. That said please also take my wants into consideration as well.

Last edited:
Not running a Sycamore engine will make this deck very painful to play in the midgame when N is only giving you 3-4 cards and Lillie can't get dead cards out of your hand. There aren't a lot of good ways to deal with that without simply using Sycamore, it's been a dominant style of card in every format it has existed in for a reason. You should bite the bullet and run Sycamores and include Lillie as a one or two of card since it is good on turn 1 and in the lategame. Include some super rods to recover any cards you lose to Sycamore discards. Brock's Grit is another option if you want VS seekers.

Your energy composition will make having the right cards when you need them extremely difficult. You need to trash the fire/water/electric energy. Switch your nest balls to level balls which search both Eevee and the AOR Eeveelutions without needing those energies. Sylveon has very minimal synergy with Espeon and Umbreon. You just can't run enough Eevees to support all of the eeveelutions in one deck effectively, so I'd just stick to the first 5.

Crushing hammers kind of feel like bloat on this list. Without VS seekers for your Flare Grunt you're not likely to exhaust the energy of most standard decks which run between 8 and 12 energy cards and usually 1-2 cards for recycling energy. That, and ideally you'll want to use Divide GX in most games to set up Shadow Bullet KOs.

VS seekers aren't cheap cards but they're not as bad as Shaymin and you should definitely be running 4 of them here if you can afford them. VS seekers will also stretch out the lifespan of your supporters. If you're worried about not having an evolution attacker and getting crystal ray locked, include a pokemon ranger with 4 VS seekers and you'll have a way to deal with it.

I think Team Skull Grunt is a low value card in this list when you're going to look for space. Also I don't really get Wobby as a one-of in this list. You can strafe to it with Umbreon then float stone retreat it I guess, but it feels a little pointless to me due to strafe's low damage. It also creates a chance that you don't start with Eevee which you don't really want with this list. If you want another basic, I guess you could include Jolteon-EX (it's a good start as well due to 0 retreat cost) and keep some electric energy while ditching the water/fairy/fire.

Okay so how about
-1 team flare grunts
-1 team skull grunts (I kinda liked it for getting to ruin my opp opening hand going first if they didn't have a handcycling card they just lost, but with decidueye that isn't really important)

That puts me down to 60

-4 crushing hammer (Don't really like coin flips anyways so I'm all down for that swap)
+4 vs seeker (I didn't think running this would be a super great idea since I wasn't using sycamore discard to dump extra supporters all the time they were just going back into my deck but I guess good cards are just good. Maybe 2 would be sufficient though?)

-1 Sylveon GX(If it's not amazing it's not amazing, however as much as I want to improve the deck I am only playing casually 90% of the time so it's a must have at at least one)

-1 Wobb
+1 Jolteon EX (Better strafe target? I love the 0 retreat on regular jolteon as is. It's just amazing)
Should I add another lightning energy?

-2 Float Stone (Goes hand in hand with cutting wobb)
+1 switch (Gotta have a little bit more ways if something gets stuck without the stone right?)

Good call on the timer balls. I'm gonna vito that one even though you're right cuz those nest ball secret rares make me drool.
Also gonna have to vito cutting the side energies. I just love being able to pick what I need with prof's letter and then boost an eevee the turn I drop it down. (A common situation if I know what they're playing early is I'll prof's letter after dropping my ultra balls, pkm, lillie etc and grab either a dark or psychic based on what I want [or sometimes both if I think I need both] and then also getting myself the corresponding side energy for the matchup)

+1 Pokemon Ranger(Are there any other matchups this is good in? What other kinds of things can it do?)
+1 Super Rod

What do you think of Hau in this deck when he comes out?

The other thing that can be problematic is dealing with Tauros. It's hard to one shot him in this deck as I can't get the type advantage and the most I can deal with an espeon gx+kukui if it already has a dce which it usually doesn't tends to be less than it's hp.

And in terms of the mini eevees the lack of grass damage/metal damage makes matchups more difficult. Less so against water since they stack energy and espeon can savage them.

Worth noting that while Lillie can't get dead cards out of my hand ultra ball and N can. So if my hand is realllllllly stuck in the earlygame I can N. Otherwise I can ultraball down + actually use my cards and then Lillie myself up to 8 and then play more which usually sets me up with what I need. By midgame I tend to not care about my resources as long as I got out my DCE (and I can just stick on spare fairy or fire or water instead if I can't get there) so I will N just to savage my opponent's hand size. The question is do I cut one because it is slow mid-late for me, or should I add another to fix my early hands more. Or is it fine at 3?

Thank you for your input. You gave me a lot to think about and change.

If you want the most competitive deck possible, I would dump all the GXs and only focus on Jolteon EX / Glaceon EX with 1 or 2 other alternate damage dealers (like maybe Primal Clash Huntail or Regice). However I understand that you want to build around the GXs so this is what I would do if you are insistent on keeping the Deck similar to how it is now.

I'd dump the Ancient Origins Eeveelutions. They don't do much for you and seem like a waste of cards to me. All it really does is make you more likely to deal double damage with weakness. That is nice, don't get me wrong, but it is way too inconsistent to be worth it. Maybe run 1 of the 3 as a tech to certain types that you are worried about or to get the healing from Rough Seas, but that is it. I'd run 2 each of Jolteon and Glaceon EX instead of them.

Energy situation is a big consistency issue, even if you decide to keep Flareon I'd dump the fire energy, you want him for the ability, not the attack. I would also dump 1 of the GX lines. This will again allow you to consolidate your energy types and increase your consistency.

PCL is bad. Run an extra Rough Seas if you need the healing or Switch / Escape Rope if you are worried about special conditions.

4 Lillie is too much, especially since you are running VS Seekers now. I'd run 2-3 Sycamore, 2-3 N, and 2-3 of either Kukui, Lillie, or Birch's Observations.

Hau is an awful supporter, if you want extra cards use Kukui cause it gives you extra damage as well.

I don't intend for it to be competitive. It's going to be played casually. I know of the jolteon glaceon build, however I don't wan't to be playing lockdown. I'm looking for something more interactive.

The double damage is REALLY important given the lower damage counts on the attacks. Being able to one shot things that you otherwise couldn't (Like shaymin with jolteon, or a solgaleo that just used sol burst with flareon, or volcaneon with vaporeon). That's how I feel at least. It also goes hand in hand with the adaptability aspect of the deck. I could maybe see about cutting the jolteon as it sees the least play except for shaymin sniping which I can do anyways via shadow bullet. Even if I do cut the Ancient origins jolteon. Would I want to cut the energy or keep it for jolteon ex? Or just not bother with that either and keep looking for something else?

Definately keeping all of the gx lines. I'll go smaller on sylveon as she's less good, but the whole objective of what I want is to be able to prof letter for whatever I need and then I only need that energy. The rest of the quota can be filled with either 2 others that I am not in need of, or more optimally a DCE.

I can't tell you how many times PCL has been the only card that could save my ass (namely when lapras tries to get in on an espeon with it's gx)

I understand sycamore is better, and lillie at 4 is excessive, however I'm not putting in sycamores and I'm keeping lillies as mentioned. That said you brought up the previous addition to vs seeker. As I am running all my lillies are you implying the conflict between the two cards could be problematic? As an alternative to cutting lillie could I run seeker at say 2 instead to reduce conflicts? The impression I got from the person before was that it was a very important card and I should be running 4 regardless of my sub optimal lillie count.

Sorry I didn't mean hau I meant hala. Kukui can be really useful though and I have a full art of him so I'm gonna stick one of those in.

Possible changes.
-1 Jolteon
-1 Jolteon EX
-1 Electric Energy
-1 Rough Seas?/+1 Reverse Valley
-2 vs seeker

+1 prof letter? (for more energy consistancy?)
+1 Kukui

This leaves me with some potential cuts, but nothing I'm really feeling like I want to replace most of them with as of yet.

As I mentioned if you aren't planning on adding the EXs in then I'd dump the Fire, Electric, and Water energy. The GXs are your best attackers, so you want to get them attacking with the Ancient Origins guys helping deal extra damage. Alternatively, you could keep the energy and dump the Ultra Balls. You could add in 1 Brigette if you feel 4 Nest Balls isn't enough, but the Energy Evolution makes it so you only ever need to search for Eevee.

The more Seekers you have the better your 1 and 2 ofs are. 4 ofs dont really benefit much since you already have a high chance of seeing them, so all you get is a higher chance of seeing 2 in your hand, which is a waste of a card. My point was that you can drop 1 Lillie and see practically no difference in how often it pops up. Only ever run 4 ofs with 4 Seekers if you NEED to be able to play the card every turn. Also you definitely want 4 Seekers if you are running 1 ofs of any supporter. You could drop 2 Seekers, but that will massively hurt the chances of being able to play any 1 or 2 ofs when you need them. So I am vehemently against your suggestion unless you are trying to hurt the consistency of your deck.

Hala seems like a good card. It gets better late game too, which is important because your current draw supporters get worse the later the game goes on.

PCL is cute, but it's a waste of a supporter IMO, Rough Seas gives you 30 every turn if you have Vaporeon or Jolteon out. You could also run Switch or Escape Rope to just protect your Pokémon from damage by benching it.

Between the two balls I can usually have access to all the eevees I want that aren't prized.

Alrighty so 4 Vs Seeker it will be.

+1 Hala.

Back