• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Dusk Mane Necrozma-GX/Mew/Solgaleo Prism Star

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
I find this build to be a lot more consistant than the Magnezone variant. Just looking for feedback.

Strategy is very straightforward. You aggressively discard energies while having Mew use Radiant Star to accelerate energy onto your bench. You want a Mew to go down early so you can swing with Sun's Eclipse GX and then follow up with Meteor Tempest next turn. From there you just grind out your last Prizes. Max Elixir and Registeel offer additional energy acceleration. I'm back and forth on a few cards. For example, a third Nest Ball could help, not sure if I need the third Tapu Lele-GX, Lillie is a nice T1 Supporter but not necessary. Thinking about replacing the Choice Bands with Fighting Fury Belts.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 13

* 3 Dusk Mane Necrozma-GX UPR 90
* 3 Mew FCO 29
* 1 Solgaleo {*} UPR 89
* 1 Registeel CIN 68
* 1 Cobalion STS 74
* 1 Oranguru PR-SM SM13
* 3 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137

##Trainer Cards - 32

* 4 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 4 Guzma BUS 143
* 2 Cynthia UPR 148
* 2 N NVI 92
* 1 Lillie UPR 125
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 1 Pal Pad UPR 132
* 4 Float Stone BKT 137
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121

##Energy - 15

* 15 Metal Energy 8

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi HouchinsDJ,

Nice deck. Consider these modifications:

- 1 Tapu Lele GX (two are sufficient in this deck)
+ 1 Dawn Wings Necrozma GX (free retreast with Float Stone for everyone)

- 1 Lillie (not needed that bad)
- 1 Pal Pad (not needed that bad)
+ 2 Cynthia (the deck needs a stable draw engine)

- 2 Choice Band (only needed for Cobalion)
+ 2 Fighting Fury Belt (hit relevant numbers with Dusk Mane Necrozma and increases his health)

Turbo Metal will be much better once Forbidden Light has been released.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
You stole thy idea of Mew. BTW, you probably only need 1 or 2. It's power comes from Solgaleo, so if that does, Mew is more or less useless.

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
Hi HouchinsDJ,

Nice deck. Consider these modifications:

- 1 Tapu Lele GX (two are sufficient in this deck)
+ 1 Dawn Wings Necrozma GX (free retreast with Float Stone for everyone)

- 1 Lillie (not needed that bad)
- 1 Pal Pad (not needed that bad)
+ 2 Cynthia (the deck needs a stable draw engine)

- 2 Choice Band (only needed for Cobalion)
+ 2 Fighting Fury Belt (hit relevant numbers with Dusk Mane Necrozma and increases his health)

Turbo Metal will be much better once Forbidden Light has been released.

I agree on removing one Tapu Lele, but I'm not sold on Dawn Wings. Between 4 Guzma, 4 Float Stone, and 3 Mew I already have ton of mobility. I feel like Dawn Wings is more of a liability in this deck.

I'll cut the Lillie. I was just looking for a solid T1 Supporter. Brigette felt too passive for this deck so I opted for Lillie, but I understand it's effectiveness is greatly reduced if not used T1. I actually love Pal Pad in this deck. Because the deck is meant to be aggressive I find myself discarding Supporters early so Pal Pad is great for adding consistency late-game.

I agree with replacing Choice Band with FFB.

Anything particular that's coming out in Forbidden Light that boosts this deck? I image we'll be seeing more Psychic which is great matchup-wise for this deck.

You stole thy idea of Mew. BTW, you probably only need 1 or 2. It's power comes from Solgaleo, so if that does, Mew is more or less useless.

I can't take too much credit, haha. I've seen a few lists over the past month or so that utilized Mew in this type of deck. It seemed that a lot of those build used Mew more as an attacker though whereas this build is meant to use it as another Radiant Star user. I could see cutting one but I wouldn't go below two personally. It still has it's uses even if Solgaleo goes down and I want to have access to them.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Yeah, Lillie is pretty eh. It's good on paper, but in action, you probably won't have little enough cards in hand to make it worthwhile, and you want to discard Metal Energy early on anyway. Fury Belt is certainly superior when you 1-shot everything in the relevant meta already, and get 40 extra HP. I would drop both Blower for Parallel City. It's a game-defining stadium atm, and like Buzzwole decks, you don't care about tools.
A neat option here is Max Potion. It can save you games, and when you discard most of your Energy anyway, the cost of it doesn't really matter. Especially turns where you Radiant Star.

Seastrome

Aspiring Trainer
I like this concept a lot. Heck, you can even charge up a Mew if need be too and if they choose to deal with that over Dusk Mane, advantage you. But either way, it's advantage. Idk why people hate on Dusk Mane. It's very good from my testing. I did lose today but only due to a stupid misplay of me being even on prizes and not attaching 4th energy lol.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
I like this concept a lot. Heck, you can even charge up a Mew if need be too and if they choose to deal with that over Dusk Mane, advantage you. But either way, it's advantage. Idk why people hate on Dusk Mane. It's very good from my testing. I did lose today but only due to a stupid misplay of me being even on prizes and not attaching 4th energy lol.
People hate on it because (for the most part) It's a slightly worse Buzzwole. The decks play pretty similar, but Buzzwole not discarding Energy when it attacks plus having the best typing in the game at the moment makes it simply better. Dusk Mane does have its strongpoints though.

Seastrome

Aspiring Trainer
People hate on it because (for the most part) It's a slightly worse Buzzwole. The decks play pretty similar, but Buzzwole not discarding Energy when it attacks plus having the best typing in the game at the moment makes it simply better. Dusk Mane does have its strongpoints though.

Eh, never been a fan of Buzzwole decks. I'm biased because I always miss Elixirs but yeah, with Mew's this deck should be favored vs Buzzwoles although it'll be a back and forth.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Eh, never been a fan of Buzzwole decks. I'm biased because I always miss Elixirs but yeah, with Mew's this deck should be favored vs Buzzwoles although it'll be a back and forth.
Can't say that I agree. Mew actually doesn't give you an edge over Buzzwole at all. The best it really does is copy Registeel for 3 Energy with a Fury Belt for the K.O. Jet Punch with a Strong one-shots Mew and when you swing back and forth, Buzzwole keeps its Energy. On top of that, Buzzwole is faster, more aggressive, and has Sudowoodo. Does Dust Man have Sudowoodo?

Seastrome

Aspiring Trainer
Can't say that I agree. Mew actually doesn't give you an edge over Buzzwole at all. The best it really does is copy Registeel for 3 Energy with a Fury Belt for the K.O. Jet Punch with a Strong one-shots Mew and when you swing back and forth, Buzzwole keeps its Energy. On top of that, Buzzwole is faster, more aggressive, and has Sudowoodo. Does Dust Man have Sudowoodo?

But you can use Mew to copy attacks like Lele's energy Drive if you get 2 energies and they have a charged up Buzzwole. That's 200 damage, and with Choice band, you can one shot them even with Fury Belts attached. That's why I kinda like the Magnezone variant a bit better because it can kinda stream knock outs once set up.

Dewgong

Aspiring Trainer
But you can use Mew to copy attacks like Lele's energy Drive if you get 2 energies and they have a charged up Buzzwole. That's 200 damage, and with Choice band, you can one shot them even with Fury Belts attached. That's why I kinda like the Magnezone variant a bit better because it can kinda stream knock outs once set up.
Sadly, tapu leles attack does not hit for weakness. So that does not help in this scenario. The mew has it's uses. But I agree with op, it's best used with solgaleo prism.

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, Lillie is pretty eh. It's good on paper, but in action, you probably won't have little enough cards in hand to make it worthwhile, and you want to discard Metal Energy early on anyway. Fury Belt is certainly superior when you 1-shot everything in the relevant meta already, and get 40 extra HP. I would drop both Blower for Parallel City. It's a game-defining stadium atm, and like Buzzwole decks, you don't care about tools.
A neat option here is Max Potion. It can save you games, and when you discard most of your Energy anyway, the cost of it doesn't really matter. Especially turns where you Radiant Star.

I did remove the Lillie for a 3rd Cynthia and replaced the Choice Bands for Fighting Fury Belts. I am, however, hesitant to remove both Field Blower. They do come in handy, such as discarding opposing Stadiums (this deck runs none so if I take out Field Blower and my opponent uses Parallel City then I'm limited for the rest of the game) and other Tools. Parallel City is certainly a game-defining card at the moment, but limiting my opponent's bench also limits Radiant Star which this deck relies on. Here is my updated list (sorry, I don't have time to rearrange it and make it look pretty!):

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 12

* 1 Oranguru PR-SM SM13
* 1 Cobalion STS 74
* 3 Dusk Mane Necrozma-GX UPR 90
* 1 Registeel CIN 68
* 1 Solgaleo {*} UPR 89
* 3 Mew FCO 29
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 4 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 1 Pal Pad UPR 132
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 3 Float Stone BKT 137
* 3 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 3 Cynthia UPR 148
* 4 Guzma BUS 143
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 N NVI 92
* 3 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102

##Energy - 15

* 15 Metal Energy 8

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

From my testing, I believe three Mew is optimal. I have a good chance of starting with it and I'm able to sacrifice one without giving up the deck's strategy because I don't run Super Rod or Rescue Stretcher to recycle them. 4 Sycamore, 4 Guzma, 3 Cynthia, 2 N, and 1 Pal Pad has been good. I'm still a believer in Pal Pad. I find myself aggressively discarding Supporters early-game to get Energy in the discard, as well as set up, so Pal Pad is great for adding consistency late-game. It does feel bad drawing it early-game when I don't need it though. I also removed the fourth Float Stone for a third Fighting Fury Belt. I felt like I was drawing into Float Stone excessively. Between three Mew, three Float Stone, and 4 Gumza (and a Pal Pad to recycle Guzma if needed) I feel like I still have a lot of mobility and I like the benefits of Fighting Fury Belt enough to warrant the addition of a third one.

The deck has, for the most part, been running well. It (obviously) struggles against Fire-type decks, but it's a winnable matchup if you can get a faster start than your opponent. When the deck is running smooth it's incredibly dominant. I haven't played against too many non-GX decks like Greninja, Hoopa, etc., but I imagine those matchups are tough as well.

momand

Aspiring Trainer
Guzma KO on Solgaleo Prism ruins the deck's entire premise.
If you're running a deck around Dusk Mane w/o Garbodor or Zoroark or whatever people are running with it now, you've gotta run Magnezone. Registeel and Solgaleo alone are simply not reliable enough.
If you want to go the "rogue" route and your deck's entire thing is NOT to run Magnezone, your list looks pretty solid.

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
Guzma KO on Solgaleo Prism ruins the deck's entire premise.
If you're running a deck around Dusk Mane w/o Garbodor or Zoroark or whatever people are running with it now, you've gotta run Magnezone. Registeel and Solgaleo alone are simply not reliable enough.
If you want to go the "rogue" route and your deck's entire thing is NOT to run Magnezone, your list looks pretty solid.

I disagree. The Garbodor variant you mentioned relies on Solgaleo, Max Elixir, and Registeel to accelerate Energy, just like this list does.

Similar lists to mine have also performed at tournaments. A 160 HP non-GX is hard to OHKO unless you’re hitting it for weakness, and even then I only need Mew to copy Radiant Star once, maybe twice, a game. If I have two Dusk Mane ready to go my opponent probably isn’t going to be as worried about using Guzma on Solgaleo as they are about my Dusk Mane. The deck works better than you’re giving it credit for. I understand it has its flaws but it’s been way more consistent in my testing than the Magnezone variant.

momand

Aspiring Trainer
I disagree. The Garbodor variant you mentioned relies on Solgaleo, Max Elixir, and Registeel to accelerate Energy, just like this list does.
That's what I meant, variants that run other Mons like Garbodor don't tend to run Magnezone. I was just caught off guard because you're running a variant without a support Pokemon and without Magnezone.
Similar lists to mine have also performed at tournaments. A 160 HP non-GX is hard to OHKO unless you’re hitting it for weakness, and even then I only need Mew to copy Radiant Star once, maybe twice, a game. If I have two Dusk Mane ready to go my opponent probably isn’t going to be as worried about using Guzma on Solgaleo as they are about my Dusk Mane. The deck works better than you’re giving it credit for. I understand it has its flaws but it’s been way more consistent in my testing than the Magnezone variant.
Well if it's more consistent for you, more power to ya! Your list definitely looks pretty solid. I think adding a Brigette in place of a Nest Ball would be good, however.