Finished Dunsparce and Dragonites II

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
333.png
Paintings! By whom? Art is my favorite subject!

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
333.png
You intend for me to dirty my wings! How dare you!
599.png
Hmm ...

599.png
*uses magical database to look up Swablu in the Pokédex*

[From Sapphire] Swablu loves to make things clean. If it spots something dirty, it will wipe and polish it with its cottony wings. If its wings become dirty, this Pokémon finds a stream and showers itself.

[From Platinum, Black, and White] It can't relax if it or its surroundings are not clean. It wipes off dirt with its wings.

[From Alpha Sapphire] Swablu loves to make things clean. If it spots something dirty, it will wipe and polish it with its cottony wings. If its wings become dirty, this Pokémon finds a stream and showers itself.

599.png
... Why yes, we do intend for you to dirty your wings. Trust me, if the greatest index on Pokémon in the world is correct, you'll love it.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
599.png
@Keeper of Night I will pick Swablu up by the beak and forcibly shove him wings-first into the wall, and then scrub him around a bit so as to get all the grime off. I will then toss him into the lake.

599.png
... is what I would say if I had opposable thumbs or, indeed, any limbs at all. ^.^

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
@Keeper of Night I touch the wall on the left, running my wings over the markings. Maybe they have a catch to open a door or maybe they have some magical significance.
Noibat carefully touches the painted wall. He can make out splotches of blue on one side, and red on the left. Something must have been depicted here long ago.

@Keeper of Night
I'll carefully form a bowl in ice. The concave side is transparent and slightly faceted, the convex side is frosted and almost completely opaque. Then I'll give it to someone with arms so they can use it as a spotlight with Litwick's light.
@Keeper of Night Mitsh moves closer to the ice bowl - not too close, however! - as to spread the light more effectively.
@Keeper of Night I'd like to take Vulpix's ice bowl and use it to focus Litwick's light as a spotlight to light up the other end of the room, where the breeze is coming from.
I had a whole thought process of how fire obviously melts ice so this wouldn't work, but Spoink's enthusiasm is too adorable to shatter that.

Vulpix creates a small ice bowl that Spoink raises above Litwick's flame in an effort to reflect his light across the cave.
The far end of the cave is illuminated as a reult. They can see that the floor they are currently standing on drops off a distance away, creating a precipice where the floor ends and the cave drops off. They aren't close enough to see how steep it is, but that must be where the breeze is coming from.

@Keeper of Night I'd like to check out where the breeze is coming from
Rowlet flies over to the now-illuminated cliff edge. Looking over, he can see that it's still too dark to see the bottom... Or, no? Is that light?
There seems to be a faint amount of light filtering from somewhere far below him.

@Keeper of Night using the light from our newly formed Ice Crystal Magnifier (watch our for melting drops Litwick!) I examine the faded paintings on the wall as well.

Also the hints are pretty strong that we should have followed the humming....so perhaps if we don't find anything in this room pretty quick we should head back?
It is impossible to go back from here. We're all locked in this path now!

Duskull floats over toward the paintings beside Noibat. With the new light, and with Noibat having removed a fair amount of dust from the wall previously, they can make out what do appear to be several small figures near each other on the left and right sides. With simple blue figures facing similarly shaped red figures, was this a war of sorts?

Something glitters to their left, along the wall near the tunnel they just entered from.

Oh no! I missed the stat boosts...
(And a fair bit of other stuff)
Nobody "missed" stat boosts. I actually still need them from you, @Professor Palutena, @double o squirtle, @Blakers, and @quakingpunch73. (Unless I missed somebody in which case I apologize.)
But yeah, whenever you can get to them, I guess. :eek:

a slight breeze might mean a way out at last. i'll take a look at the blank wall @Keeper of Night using Dazzling Gleam to illuminate the area some
Cutiefly further illuminates the area, extending the light behind them as well. He too notices the glittering on the wall. There seems to be a paper hung there.

Also @Keeper of Night
I vote breezey pathway
Who's with me
Bagon throws his arm in the air as though in vote. The others appear too busy to notice.

@Keeper of Night I will pick Swablu up by the beak and forcibly shove him wings-first into the wall, and then scrub him around a bit so as to get all the grime off. I will then toss him into the lake.

... is what I would say if I had opposable thumbs or, indeed, any limbs at all. ^.^
Klink comes to the realization that he (she? it? THEY?) has no limbs and proceeds to have an existential crisis. He trips, taking 2 damage.

@Keeper of Night I walk close to the paint (but not too close) and shine so we can better see it.
Shinx moves over between Noibat and Duskull and proceeds to light up the cave even further! ...Nothing new is revealed.

Last edited:

professorlight

Ice Queen
I had a whole thought process of how fire obviously melts ice so this wouldn't work, but Spoink's enthusiasm is too adorable to shatter that.

I was originally going to say Shinx, but you said litwick was lighting the room, so it was the strongest light.
In any case, litwick's fire will only slowly melt it and can refreeze it if needed. Hopefully we won't need it for long, anyway.

K02_8bwWxFmTSHRJEK3UaJg_xlrdUD5l_1JX5MdA1HfdoF3pWdqsDWYvkPYPsKMEQStHatgprVG9O5OQFl_A0kgr-hXtROCb4vjytOanQrEkOkPAMpezDl8Lw0n8uUAIR5nG_Nkme1CGbbhRDMyrypDFfULsRcdBli__PP2frr3zrfPL3_XORMQZ7ftBG4_HXAS963QW_DzdTDJFw3yWLv-tCCOXuHoucWSnkJKZzGx025CaeUTEK_WEYTISBzO22St_nR0DaLQkJx3OQ6NrD81nMkAByywBtWfbJk3JOWUwy6HZNRRkGUPqVBd0MnrXrLCdP7HwfHLgLdhpXA0eccx2Tm2VpSQFxUUbUZDumugcZMG0wwQuV8TBvUqCC25yZId3WOBlLuXNWhxK8Z0D3vgSf_j0hhQPtBZ8yjGYhJTLGNU3QZphTHdm7KmFCsWfwXCeVTqOsNt7s451xH7M2nXY80jpeLPeIfPSyCLVTaynVgL_YmV64Aogs2nxBJ1_86b5DMDGReyMoHcA391PwRjvEyIaaSU2n1K2TGBS-ff6S-6gRoE2s0pMVUhIcUphr-AnfsnEP5dHuCjWygZy6IjrHV8ufmst6FdJI9zzkG5lAqYg6HpmkYY40CgA1Z1Cds8cOBWT-Mdhw2WDP7JJtLXu9i_Vpc5O5GW_urGP4Q=s200-no
What is that thing?

@Keeper of Night
I go over to the glittering thing/paper and take a closer look at it.

wonderful_whismur

The most wonderful whismur in the world
Noibat carefully touches the painted wall. He can make out splotches of blue on one side, and red on the left. Something must have been depicted here long ago.

Duskull floats over toward the paintings beside Noibat. With the new light, and with Noibat having removed a fair amount of dust from the wall previously, they can make out what do appear to be several small figures near each other on the left and right sides. With simple blue figures facing similarly shaped red figures, was this a war of sorts?

Red and Blue figures... Team Aqua and Team Magma? Genwunners? Oh no!!

TOTAL_EPICNESS

it wouldnt let me put morse code
*Looks around and realizes nobody saw him*
Screw it im just gonna check out the paintings
*looks at paper*
*looks around*
Ok trapinch is gone we're good pick it up
@Keeper of Night
I go to the glittering paper

Status
Not open for further replies.