Finished Dunsparce and Dragonites II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
gkN14az.png

Banner by @Jabberwock
What is Dungeons and Dragonites?
Dungeons and Dragonites is a game based on the tabletop RPG, Dungeons and Dragons. Dungeons and Drgaons is a turn-based tabletop RPG in which players take turns interacting, exploring, and fighting with the world around them. These actions are processed through the Dungeon Master (howdy o/), who will use his magic dice in conjunction with your own attributes to determine how well those actions play out.

What is Pokémon Mystery Dungeon?
The Dragonites half of dungeons and Dragons comes from the Pokémon series. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon is a top-down dungeon crawling RPG in which the main protagonist is turned into a Pokémon by some unknown force and sent to their world, making new friends, enemies, and saving the world.
...But you probably knew that already so why are you reading this? :eek:

How do you make a character in Dungeons and Dragonites? And how do they work?
[As a note: Red text depicts the actual Dungeons and Dragons game. There are several changes for a better overall experience.]
The first thing a Dungeons and Dragons player needs to do is create a character. [see below]. The first thing you do is choose a Race, Class, and Gender. With that out of the way, you would speak a language, which is determined by your race, and you would start at Level 1. After that, the Dungeon Master rolls your Alignment, ranging from Really Good to Pure Evil. Afterwards, the Dungeon Master rolls your stats from 1 to 20.

In Dungeons and Dragonites, you will still need to create a character. To start, Choose a basic Pokémon. Ditto, Smeargle, and All Legendaries are banned from being chosen. Then choose a Gender, Nature, Ability, and Class. After that, you have a total stat point collection of 55, which can be applied to your stats however you wish. Want a bulky and strong knight character? Go for it! Watch your speed though, and keep that HP high!

HP: Hit points. Determines how much damage you can take before going down.
Attack: Determines how much damage your Melee [physical] Attacks do if they connect, Before Defense.
Defense: Reduces damage from Melee attacks, provided they connect.
Special Attack: Determines how much damage your Ranged [special] Attacks do if they connect, before Special Defense.
Special Defense: Reduces Damage from Ranged Attacks, provided they connect.
Speed: Determines the order in which actions are processed, and also determines how likely an attack is to hit you.

There are 6 Classes in the game, known as: Thief, Knight, Archer, Mage, Cleric, and Swordsman. Each class has one Class-specific ability which will affect how certain phases of the game play out.
A class name is purely a gameplay-based mechanic and does not need to have any affect on your character's backstory, personality, appearance, or anything else. (Though by all means pick thief and be a thief, make my job easier!)

Thief:
Special Ability: Perception
Upon entering a room, you will be alerted to particular oddities in the room. These oddities may be secrets or Traps. You will not be told which are which.
Level Chance: +20% Speed, -20% Defense

Knight:
Special Ability: Guard
During a Battle Phase, you can choose to "Guard >Player<" and there is a chance you will guard that player, determined by their Speed stat.
Level Chance: +20% Defence, -20% Speed

Archer:
Special Ability: Arrow Rain
When attacking, you may choose to attack a single target for full damage, or attack 3 targets at once and deal 33% of full damage to each of them.
Level Chance: +20% Attack, -20% Special Attack

Mage:
Special Ability: Arcana
Certain rooms have items in them that, when a Mage interacts with them, causes them to react in a specific way. Known as Magic Runes, these items are usually obvious by their glowing or magical presence.
Level Chance: +20% Special Attack, -20% Attack

Cleric:
Special Ability: Heal
During a Combat Cycle, instead of attacking, you can choose to "Heal [player that is not fainted]." That player will be healed by a random amount, but not lower than your Special Attack stat. Also, instead of attacking, you may choose to "Revive [player that is fainted]" to revive that player to 1 HP.
Level Chance: +20% Speed, -20% Attack

Swordsman:
Special Ability: Blade Cross
If you move before your target, your attack's damage is increased.
Level Chance: +20% Speed, -20% Special Attack

Your class, combined with a chosen Nature, determine how likely or unlikely you are to gain any stat points upon level ups. Untouched, each stat has a 45% chance of going up by 1 point with each level. Your chosen Nature will increase and decrease the chance of their respective stats (which are listed below, should you need it).

Nature | +10% | -10%
Adamant: Attack Sp. Atk
Bold: Defense Attack
Brave: Attack Speed
Calm: Sp. Def Attack
Careful: Sp. Def Sp. Atk
Gentle: Sp. Def Defense
Hasty: Speed Defense

Impish: Defense Sp. Atk
Jolly: Speed Sp. Atk
Lax: Defense Sp. Def
Lonely: Attack Defense
Mild: Sp. Atk Defense
Modest: Sp. Atk Attack
Naive: Speed Sp. Def
Naughty: Attack Sp. Def
Quiet: Sp. Atk Speed
Rash: Sp. Atk Sp. Def
Relaxed: Defense Speed
Sassy: Sp. Def Speed
Timid: Speed Attack

Note that Serious, Quirky, Hardy, Docile, and Bashful are neutral natures. They may be chosen, and will not affect stat growths in any way.

Leveling Up is determined by your performance in battle, as noted in the Battle Phase. Determined based on the strength of your opponent and the number of actions you performed. Each time you level, your character will have a chance of gaining a stat point in each of their stats based on their current % chance.
Each time you level up, you will also gain 1% that you may apply to any of your stats, bringing up the chance slightly of that stat leveling up later.

After all that, Pick a Melee Weapon [physical or otherwise close-ranged attack] that your Pokémon can learn naturally by level-up or as an egg move, and a Ranged Weapon [special or otherwise far-ranged attack] that your Pokémon can learn naturally by level-up or as an egg move.
The move's effects will carry over as they should (Overheat will be a powerful move that lowers your stats, Dazzling Gleam will hit multiple targets, etc.) but note that a majority of effects will be determined by your character, the environment, and the game's current situation above anything else.
Example: While certainly Thunder will be more powerful than thunderbolt, the drawbacks may be more than it's worth. The move won't be super powerful unless your character is super powerful. (We're talking mere single points of damage when comparing strictly a move's BP. It is your character's stats that are used as the main number for all damage calculations.)

Using a move more often will add to the move's Skill Level. Reaching a high enough Skill Level in a move will increase its damage and effects. At any point after a move has increased in level, you may also swap that move out, should you so wish, for another move to fill that slot.
When one of your moves hits a Skill Level of 3 you may pick a third move, a Status move, from your character's level-up or egg moves, to add to your character. Having more than one move reach a Skill Level of 3 will not have further benefits like this.

Your Ability will work mostly the same was as it would in standard Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Choose one that your chosen species can have naturally (including Hidden Abilities, should you wish.) If you have questions regarding a specific ability's mechanics in this game, feel free to bring it to my attention.

As stated earlier, you have a starting pool of 55 stat points. These may be arranged however you wish in your character card, but an individual stat may not pass 15 in creation. (Stats will have no limit in leveling.)
55 stat points allows for 9 in each stat, with 1 left over. Should you wish to max a stat at 15, you will need to appropriately reduce the stat points in another stat.

Also note: it is unadvised to leave any stat at 0, as even if you don't believe you will not use a specific stat, there may be situations where you will rely upon it completely. (But hey, it's not my game! Build at your own risk!)

Pokémon: Litwick
Ability: Flame Body
Class: Thief
Nature: Modest
Melee Weapon: Astonish
Ranged Weapon: Flame Burst
HP: 14
Attack: 0
Defense: 7
Special Attack: 13
Special Defense: 15
Speed: 6

Pokémon:
Class:
Nature:
Melee Weapon:
Ranged Weapon:
HP:
Attack:
Defense:
Special Attack:
Special Defense:
Speed:

If you're like me and love numbers, the highest possible stat level chance at the start is 75% (or 2/3 chance) with an overlapping beneficial Nature and Class. As stated, you can continue to increase this, reaching 80% in just 5 levels.
That being said, the lowest possible is 15% (or roughly 3/50 chance) with an overlapping negative Nature and Class. Watch out for that!

Evolving is always an interesting subject in Mystery Dungeon, but we'll be sticking true to form. There is an area in the game (that you may or may not reach, depending on your actions) that will allow you to evolve if you have already reached your required level, or obtained the necessary item to do so.

How do you move? Where do you go? What do you do?
In Dungeons and Dragons, the Dungeon Master describes a room to the players. The players then take turns investigating objects in the room by, on their turn, telling the dungeon master what they plan on investigating. The Dungeon Master then rolls a 20-sided dice to determine how well you do that action, and publicly announces how well you did.

In Dungeons and Dragonites, The Dungeon Master [me] will post a Scenario, giving a detailed description of what is in the given area. You will have an allotted amount of time to explore said area however you wish! Free reign! Talk amongst yourselves to figure the best course of action, and explore cautiously. Simply @ me (@Keeper of Night) when you wish to make a move that requires my attention (pretty much anything really, I just rather be able to skip straight to those posts so I don't miss them mixed in with whatever else you may be talking about, this game gets hectic!)
I will be on at least once every 24 hours to post an update to anything that may have happened as a result of your actions.

That being said, every possible way to progress is entirely up to you guys. You will have a goal, but how you reach it is your choice. So work together, think it through, and proceed as quickly (or as thoroughly) as you wish.
Be warned though, as sticking in one place for too long may result in something unnecessarily terrible happening. (In PMD it's a tidal wave. I wonder what I could come up with in place...)

You move around and interact with the world through your posts. You may PM me any questions, and I may PM you specific details to your role, but most everything will be determined in-thread by whatever you decide to do. You may NOT take back an action once you have @'d me for it. Until you do that, however, feel free to talk about the hypothetical of what may happen as a result of your actions.
That being said, I cannot process actions unless you @ me in the post of the action.
Example said:
@Keeper of Night
I want to try lifting the large boulder.

This game has no submission phase, as you are reacting to your environment in real-time. However, you may not submit a new action until your last action has been processed. There will be combat phases, which are explained further along, in which there will be action submissions that must be made in a timely manner.

Remember, this is a team dungeon trek, and an RP, so make sure to Roleplay as your Character a lot! React to what happens, talk stuff out with other people, get friendly! (This is seriously the best part and results in a lot of funny moments.)

Depending on your actions and how you proceed through the game, there may be enemies to fight! The game will leave the standard free-roaming phase and enter a Battle Phase. After the fight begins, simply post your actions (and still @ me, wouldn't want to miss them!) and they will be processed within 24 hours. After the allotted time has expired, any players not submitting an action will stand around, making them an easy target. So stay alert!

Examples!
1. Attack [enemy] with Melee Weapon!
2. Attack [enemy] with Ranged Weapon!
3. Your Class exclusive ability [Guard, Heal/Revive, Arrow Rain] [Guard [player]!, Heal [Living Player]!, Revive [Fainted Player]!, Use Arrow Rain on [3 enemies]!

Type Advantages and disadvantages will be taken into effect, as will Ability and Move effects.

The actions will be processed, alongside the opposing actions, based in order of the Speed stat. After all the enemies are defeated, levels will be distributed based on the enemy's level, and the amount of actions you made in the fight. After a fight, the game will resume the free-roaming phase, though certain aspects of the area may have changed...

The game is played in a YPPY format. You must wait for two other players to post before you may post again.

Please remember! The ENTIRE game is up to YOU to determine. Logic takes a crucial part. Wanna go somewhere, do something, see somebody? DO IT! The world is your oyster. Likewise, should you come across a problem, there will always be a way to work through it.
The basic logic for the game is "If it makes sense, it will happen." Trying to chase after a guy twice your speed? Maybe find another way around that problem. You can't see through walls (unless you can), you can't fly (unless you can) to new areas, you must progress the same way you would through any normal game. And I can't jump in either to progress things until YOU, as a player, cause that event to happen.

Where does the Mystery Dungeon Portion come in?
The Mystery dungeon facets make up a decent chunk of the game. They are the dungeons you will travel through, the enemies and bosses you will fight, and the world you're in to explore! Outside of that, everyone is a Pokémon, so your job is to act like the Pokémon that you are!

Trap Tiles DO exist, though they will not active randomly. Beware of interacting with suspicious objects! What may seem salvation could just as easily lead to your demise.

Items are also present in the game, and may be found or earned by exploring your area. They have a variety of effects, and most can be transferred between players (should the characters be close enough for the exchange.)

And Finally, the Premise!
Your eyes open lazily as the sun shines on your face. You blink, groggily, and look around as you sit up.
Trees? Where are you, some forest? The sun has just reached its peak, filtering through the leaves above you.
You look around, and realize you aren't here alone. All around you are other Pokemon, all just as unconscious as you were mere moments ago.
I don't... Remember... Who are these Pokemon?
But then, suddenly, you DO remember. Beside you is a crumpled piece of paper, which you quickly pick up and begin reading.

"Congratulations!

You have been selected as the lucky winner of our wondrous contest! In order to claim your winnings, simply follow the enclosed directions to reach our location. With this letter in hand you will be allowed to enter the mansion to receive your prize.

With regards,"

The bottom of the paper was torn, removing any name or signature that may have been present.
Lucky winner? What did I win?
Well, no time to dwell on that now. Time to pick yourself up, and figure out how to get home. ...Maybe you should help the others that are here too.

Be sure
to read the Character-Building segment, as it is a bit different from last time.
Questions? Ideas? Suggestions? Let me have 'em! Please because I'm always afraid I left something important out so help me catch it.

We'll see how many sign-ups we have in a week, and start from there. Simply post your character sheet to join!

Sign-Ups are Closed:
1. professorlight - Vulpix (A) (cleric)
9. Ninja Penguin - Swablu (archer)
15. Blakers - Chimchar (thief)
18. TOTAL_EPICNESS - Bagon (swordsman)
19. wonderful_whismur - Noibat (mage)
20. Jadethepokemontrainer - Rowlet (cleric)
21. Epist - Duskull (mage)
22. quakingpunch73 - Salandit (cleric)
24. Yog - Cutiefly (mage)
25. Marchy - Spoink (knight)
26. Celever - Phanpy (thief)

Pokémon: Alolan Vulpix
Ability: Snow Cloak
Class: Cleric
Nature: Naive
Melee Weapon: Ice Shard
Ranged Weapon: Blizzard
HP: 16
Attack: 5
Defense: 9
Special Attack: 14
Special Defense: 9
Speed: 13
Level: 6
45/27/45/46/35/77

Pokémon: Torchic
Ability: Speed Boost
Class: Mage
Nature: Brave
Melee Weapon: Quick Attack
Ranged Weapon: Flamethrower
HP: 13
Attack: 11
Defense: 10
Special Defense: 10
Speed: 9
45/40/45/65/45/35

Pokémon: Swablu
Ability: Natural Cure
Class: Archer
Nature: Impish
Melee Weapon: Dragon Rush
Ranged Weapon: Disarming Voice
HP: 10
Attack: 16
Special Attack: 9
Special Defense: 12
Level: 7
45/65/55/15/45/46

Pokémon: Klink
Ability: Clear Body
Class: Knight
Nature: Sassy
Melee Weapon: Gear Grind
Ranged Weapon: Discharge
HP: 17
Attack: 14
Defense: 12
Special Attack: 8
Speed: 4
45/45/65/45/55/20

Pokémon: Chimchar
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Rash
Melee Weapon: Acrobatics
Attack: 12
45/45/25/55/35/65

Pokemon: Bagon
Ability: Sheer Force
Class: Swordsman
Nature: Adamant
Melee Weapon: Dragon Claw
Hp: 9
Attack: 17
Special Attack: 5
Defence: 8
Special Defence: 10
Speed: 18
45/57/45/15/45/68

Pokémon: Noibat
Ability: Telepathy
Nature: Timid
Melee Weapon: Super Fang
Ranged Weapon: Air Slash
HP: 12
Attack: 3
Defense: 8
Special Attack: 17
Speed: 16
45/15/45/65/45/55

Pokemon: Rowlet
Ability: Overgrow
Nature: Calm
Melee Weapon: Leaf Blade
Ranged Weapon: Razor Leaf
Attack: 9
Special Attack: 10
Speed: 14
45/17/45/46/55/67

Pokémon: Duskull
Ability: Arcana
Nature: Quiet
Melee Weapon: Shadow Sneak
Ranged Weapon: Shadow Ball
Attack: 8
Special Attack: 18
Speed: 8
45/27/48/75/45/35

Pokémon: Salandit
Ability: Corrosion
Melee Weapon: Fake Out
Ranged Weapon: Venoshock
Special Attack: 17
Special Defense: 8
Speed: 17
45/15/50/55/45/65

Pokémon: Phanpy
Ability: Pickup
Nature: Adamant
Melee Weapon: Fissure
Ranged Weapon: Mud Slap
Attack: 2
Defense: 12
Special Attack: 1
Special Defense: 16
Speed: 17
50/55/25/35/45/65

Pokémon: Cutiefly
Ability: Honey Gather
Melee Weapon: Draining Kiss
Ranged Weapon: Dazzling Gleam
Attack: 6
Special Attack: 19
Speed: 16
Level: 8
47/15/45/75/45/50

Pokémon: Spoink
Ability: Thick Fat
Nature: Brave
Melee Weapon: Bounce
Ranged Weapon: Power Gem
Attack: 13
Defense: 14
Special Attack: 7
45/55/65/45/45/20

Last edited:

professorlight

Ice Queen
I see you improved much, keeper. This will be interesting. Just a question; nothing has changed regarding status moves?

Pokémon: Alolan Vulpix
Ability: Snow Cloak
Nature: Naive
Melee Weapon: Ice Shard
Ranged Weapon: Blizzard

HP: 14
Attack: 4
Special Attack: 12
Special Defense: 8
Speed: 10

Ah, so that's how it feels to have a decent speed.

Last edited:

Professor Palutena

The Queen
Let's do it.

Pokémon: PYUKUMUKU :3
Ability: Unaware
Nature: Bold
Melee Weapon: Counter
Ranged Weapon: ...it doesn't learn any but Keeper said I could use Toxic
HP: 15
Attack: 1
Defense: 15
Special Attack: 1

Last edited:

VinculumStellarum

Hello Tomorrow, going well? Any luck?
In!
Pokémon: Pichu
Ability: Lightningrod
Nature: Naïve
Melee Weapon: Iron Tail
Ranged Weapon: Thunderbolt
Defense: 6

Sorry TGK, but this is the only way I can be Pikachu. :x

Last edited:

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
How long does this game last? (I couldn't find it in the post so)
As it's a RPG, it's hard to say how long the game will take to complete. It's entirely dependent on the actions of the players. Similar to other long forum games, however, a few months isn't out of the question.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I definitely will be playing this!

Quoting this now because there's bound to be more people with this question:

Keeper said:
but [damage is] determined more based on your character than [the attack's] bp anyway

thunder will be more powerful, but it wont be op unless your character is op

EDIT: What's the advantage to evolving?

Last edited:

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
I'm definitely in!

540.png
Melee Weapon: Bug Bite
Ranged Weapon: Struggle Bug
HP: 11
Defense: 13

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Pokémon: Litwick
Ability: Infiltrator
Melee Weapon: Astonish
Ranged Weapon: Heat Wave
Attack: 6
Special Defense: 7

Last edited:

Vracken

Just a Ghost of the Past
Name: Spire
Pokémon: Torchic
Ability: Speed Boost
Nature: Brave (or tries to be)
Melee Weapon: Quick Attack
Attack: 10
Special Attack: 11
Speed: 6

Last edited:

simsands

Half raccoon, half chipmunk
Does moves that in the games hit multiple opponents (but not your own team) have a risk of hitting allies in this game?

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
Does moves that in the games hit multiple opponents (but not your own team) have a risk of hitting allies in this game?
Should an ally be directly in front of you, any move will of course be able to hit them. However, no move will randomly strike your team or anybody else.

simsands

Half raccoon, half chipmunk
Pokémon: Goomy
Ability: Gooey
Nature: Relaxed
Melee Weapon: Iron Tail
Ranged Weapon: Muddy Water
HP: 15
Defense: 15
Speed: 1

Last edited:

mordacazir

Lord of Souls
As it's a RPG, it's hard to say how long the game will take to complete. It's entirely dependent on the actions of the players. Similar to other long forum games, however, a few months isn't out of the question.
Sorry, than I can't participate :(. Need to playtest for worlds.

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
Prof.light was smarter than I and added a gender to her sheet, so I didn't realize the one in the OP was missing one.
If those that submitted already could edit that in, that'd be swell.

double o squirtle

Sweet Summer Child
Pokémon: Eevee
Ability: Adaptability
Nature: Calm
Melee Weapon: Double Edge
Ranged Weapon: Swift
Attack: 4
Defense: 10
Special Attack: 6

Blakers

Holder of the Holy Diamond!
Totally in! But I don't have time to fill out my character, so I'll do that later today.

NinjaPenguin

Always standing out from the crowd.
Pokémon: Swablu
Ability: Natural Cure
Class:
Archer
Nature: Impish
Melee Weapon: Dragon Rush
Ranged Weapon: Disarming Voice
HP: 8
Attack: 11
Speed: 11

Last edited:

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
Just a question; nothing has changed regarding status moves?
Missed this. If you mean in regards to picking them for your moves, you cannot choose them for your two starting attacks (save Prof. P's exception because he just had to be the gut-chucker). Once you improve the rank of one of those attacking moves, you will gain a third move slot which can be dedicated to any Status move.
Past that, it will function just like any other attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.