Special Attack: 6
Special Defense: 10
Speed: 2

Last edited:

mirdo

Seagull Overlord and Business Entrepreneur
Pokémon: Wingull (I'm so unpredictable)
Ability: Rain Dish
Class: Archer (just because i love the thought of a Wingull with a bow)
Nature: Mild
Melee Weapon: Wing attack
Ranged Weapon: Water Pulse
HP:7
Attack:11
Defense:2
Special Attack: 15
Special Defense:10
Speed:10

Last edited:

Ty Comfy Hat

The Cosmic rage of Astral Dwarfs from Aberdeen.
Pokémon: Slowpoke
Ability: Oblivious
Class: Knight
Nature: Relaxed
Melee Weapon: Headbutt
Ranged Weapon: Water Pulse
HP: 15
Attack: 13
Defense: 15
Special Attack: 5
Special Defense: 4
Speed: 3

My character gonna die son.

By the way, will personality-related DnD skills like Charisma and Perception have any kind of representation? Obviously there isn't a literal skill for it here, but will we be able to do rolls related to it- dependant on things like our Nature or stats?

Last edited:

professorlight

Ice Queen
Keeper, I changed my melee attack and already fixed those 2 extra points.

HP: 15 (BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)
Attack: 10
Defense: 9
Special Attack: 9
Special Defense: 10
Speed: 3

Honestly, I'm surprised you didn't go with 50 HP and put 1 point in all the rest, for cosmic balance.

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
By the way, will personality-related DnD skills like Charisma and Perception have any kind of representation? Obviously there isn't a literal skill for it here, but will we be able to do rolls related to it- dependant on things like our Nature or stats?
To an extent, the other DnD attributes as well as certain mechanics from PMD (IQ, etc) will make a difference in how certain events in the game would play out. But because of the style and nature of the game, we're going to be veering away from too many small rng factors. Instead I want the focus on you guys actually interacting with the world, rather than strictly relying on skill checks. That way anything that can and does happen is even further dictated by you guys as players instead of myself, which should make the experience more enjoyable.

For example, while you could submit an action to try and bluff your way past another character, you also have the option to straight-up talk to him in game (responding to him as though he were any other player). At which point the character will respond accordingly, and may yield different results. (Prof.light did this last game and I thought it was too funny.)

@mirdo your stat total is also currently 57.

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
Pokémon: Shinx
Ability: Intimidate
Class: Swordsman
Nature: Rash
Melee Weapon: Ice Fang
Ranged Weapon: Shock Wave
HP: 10
Attack: 11
Defense: 6
Special Attack: 12
Special Defense: 6
Speed: 10

I was /this/ close to picking Magikarp. Keeper talked me out it. :< @Jabberwock y u no pick 1HP smh those were good times.

Blakers

Holder of the Holy Diamond!
Pokémon: Shinx
Ability: Intimidate
Melee Weapon: Ice Fang
Ranged Weapon: Shock Wave
HP: 10
Attack: 11
Defense: 6
Special Attack: 12
Special Defense: 6

I was /this/ close to picking Magikarp. Keeper talked me out it. :< @Jabberwock y u no pick 1HP smh those were good times.
Nooo I was gonna be Shinx :(. Whatever, guess I'm going as Riolu then!:D

Blakers

Holder of the Holy Diamond!
390.png

Pokémon:
Chimchar
Ability: Blaze
Class: Thief
Melee Weapon: Acrobatics
Ranged Weapon: Flamethrower
HP: 11
Attack: 10
Defense: 7
Special Attack: 10
Special Defense: 7

Last edited:

professorlight

Ice Queen
Keeper, how are the attacks going to work? I'd like to replace Ice Beam for Blizzard, but I wouldn't want to be stuck with an attack that fails often; is accuracy a concern I should have? (or consider if I want to stick with it until I can get Hail?)

TheAnticipationEevee

Decidueye Vileplume <3
Pokémon: Meditite
Ability: Pure Power
Nature: Adamant
Melee Weapon: Drain Punch
Ranged Weapon: Hidden Power [Psychic]
HP: 9
Attack: 15
Defense: 8
Special Attack: 1
Special Defense: 8
Speed: 14

Last edited:

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
Keeper, how are the attacks going to work? I'd like to replace Ice Beam for Blizzard, but I wouldn't want to be stuck with an attack that fails often; is accuracy a concern I should have? (or consider if I want to stick with it until I can get Hail?)
Accuracy is a factor, yes. That's why even though a move may seem more powerful (with higher BP) the drawbacks may not be worth it. Since strength is majorly decided based on your own stats first rather than the attacks, the difference in power is noticeable, but for the most part minimal.
Since moves can be changed out after ranking at least once, you would of course have the option to swap Ice Beam for Blizzard later, should you wish.

I would note that weather affects the area you're in, and works the same way that it does in PMD or other games. Your team is not made invulnerable to your attacks.

Last edited:

professorlight

Ice Queen
I would note that weather affects the area you're in, and works the same way that it does in PMD or other games. Your team is not made invulnerable to your attacks.

Hey, it's me! I might find a way to make it work. Or, I could fail and kill them all by accident.

Really, it has always been one of the two with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.