Finished Dungeons and Dragonites! [RPG]

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Hello everyone, and welcome to Dungeons and Dragonites! First, check out this amazing banner made by the one and only @Jabberwock!
PMD-Banner2.png
What is Dungeons and Dragonites?
Dungeons and Dragonites is a game based on the tabletop RPG, Dungeons and Dragons. Dungeons and Drgaons is a turn-based tabletop RPG in which players take turns interacting, exploring, and fighting with the world around them. This is all done through the role of the dungeon master, who rolls a 20-sided die to determine how well you did your action, and the game continues until the map is completed, which often requires players to work together to achieve this task.

What is Pokémon Mystery Dungeon?
The Dragonites half of dungeons and Dragons comes from the Pokémon series, or, more specifically, Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon is a top-down dungeon crawling RPG in which the main protagonist is turned into a Pokémon by some unknown force and sent to their world, making new friends, enemies, and saving the world.

How do you make a character in Dungeons and Dragons, and by extent, Dungeons and Dragonites?
[As a note: Red text depicts the actual Dungeons and Dragons game. I did change some things for a better experience.]
The first thing a Dungeons and Dragons player needs to do is create a character. [see below]. The first thing you do is choose a Race, Class, and Gender. With that out of the way, you would speak a language, which is determined by your race, and you would start at Level 1. After that, the Dungeon Master [in this game, yours truly.] rolls your Alignment, ranging from Really Good to Pure Evil. Afterwards, the Dungeon Master rolls your stats from 1 to 20.

In Dungeons and Dragonites, you will still need to create a character. To start, Choose a basic Pokémon. Shedinja, Ditto, Smeargle, and All Legendaries are banned from being chosen. After that, choose a Gender, Nature, Ability, and Class. After that, your stats will be rolled from 1 to 20 [think of this as IVs, if you like.] The stats and classes for Dungeons and Dragonites are as follows:

HP: Hit points. Determines how much damage you can take before going down.
Attack: Determines how much damage your Melee [physical] attacks do if they connect, Before defence.
Defence: Reduces damage from Melee attacks, provided they connect.
Special Attack: Determines how much damage your Ranged [special] attacks do if they connect, before special defence.
Special Defence: Reduces Damage from Ranged Attacks, provided they connect.
Speed: Determines the order in which actions are processed, and also determines how likely an attack is to hit you.

There are 6 Classes in the game: Thief, Knight, Archer, Mage, Cleric, and Swordsman. Each class has one Class-specific ability and a buff to one stat, and a nerf to another. There is a limit of 2 people per class, purely so we can have diversity.

Thief:
Special Ability: Perception
Upon entering a room, you will be alerted to any oddities in the room. These oddities may be secrets or Traps. You will not be told which are which.
Buffs and Nerfs: +50% Speed, -50% Defense

Knight:
Special Ability: Guard
During a Combat Cycle, you can PM me "Guard bbninjas" [Just an example, you can guard any player that's playing.], and there is a chance you will guard that player, determined by their speed stat.
Buffs and Nerfs: +50% Defence, -50% Speed

Archer:
Special Ability: Arrow Rain
When attacking, you may choose to attack a single target for full damage, or attack 3 targets at once and deal 33% of full damage to each of them.
Buffs and Nerfs: +50% Attack, -50% Special Attack

Mage:
Special Ability: Arcana
Certain rooms have Magic Runes in them! Only mages can investigate Magic Runes. You would do this the same way you would investigate other objects. [detailed in a later spoiler]
Buffs and Nerfs: +50% Special Attack, -50% Attack

Cleric:
Special Ability: Heal
During a Combat Cycle, instead of attacking, you can PM me "Heal [player that is not fainted]" That player will be healed by a random amount. Also, instead of attacking, you cam PM me "Revive [player that is fainted]" to revive that player to 1 HP.
Buffs and Nerfs: +50% Speed, -50% Attack

Swordsman:
Special Ability: Blade Cross
If you move first in combat, your first attack's damage is doubled.
Buffs and Nerfs: +50% Speed, -50% Special Attack

The buffs and Nerfs, combined with a chosen nature, determine how likely or unlikely you are to gain any stat points upon level ups. An untouched stat has a 50% chance of going up,, a stat boosted by Class has a 75% chance, a stat boosted by nature has a 55% chance, and a stat boosted by nature and class has an 80% Chance of levelling up. A stat harmed by Class has a 25% chance of going up, a stat harmed by nature has a 45% chance, and a stat harmed by Class and Nature has a 20% Chance of going up.

After all that, Pick a Melee Weapon [physical attack] that your Pokémon can learn naturally by level-up or as an egg move, and a Ranged Weapon [special attack] that your Pokémon can learn naturally by level-up or as an egg move.

Pokémon: Pichu
Ability: Lightning Rod
Class: Cleric
Nature: Timid
Melee Weapon: Thunder Punch
Ranged Weapon: Thunder Shock
HP: 17
Attack: 17
Defence: 10
Special Attack: 20
Special Defence: 11
Speed: 1
As a final, not necessary step, choose a PMD icon of your Pokémon and send it to @Athena to be vectorised!

So how do you move? Where do you go? What do you do?

In Dungeons and Dragons, the Dungeon Master describes a room to the players. The players then take turns investigating objects in the room by, on their turn, telling the dungeon master what they plan on investigating. The Dungeon Master then rolls a 20-sided dice to determine how well you do that action, and publicly announces how well you did.

In Dungeons and Dragonites, The Dungeon Master [me] will post a Scenario every 24 hours, giving a detailed description of what is in the room. You must PM me an action to investigate within those 24 hours. At the end of those 24 hours, those actions will be processed in order of speed, and displayed publicly at the end of it.

You move around by PMing me:
1. I move to [object] and investigate it!
2. I do nothing!

If you don't submit an action, you will do nothing by default. Remember, this is a team dungeon trek, and an RP, so make sure to Roleplay as your Character a lot! React to what happens, talk stuff out with other people, get friendly!
Sometimes, when you walk into a room, there will be Pokémon to fight! Instead, Every 24 hours, you will PM me one of these:

1. Attack [enemy] with Melee Weapon!
2. Attack [enemy] with Ranged Weapon!
3. Your Class exclusive ability [Guard, Heal/Revive, Arrow Rain] [Guard [player]!, Heal [Living Player]!, Revive [Fainted Player]!, Use Arrow Rain on [3 enemies]!

Type Advantages and disadvantages will be taken into effect.

After that, the actions will be processed, alongside the opposing actions, based in order of the speed stat. After all the enemies are defeated, everyone will go up a level. After 2 cycles [48 hours] everyone will leave the room. Any Combat Cycles do not count towards this timer.

So where does the Mystery Dungeon Portion come in?
The Mystery dungeon facets make up a decent chunk of the game. They are the dungeons you will travel through, the enemies and bosses you will fight, and also, Trap Tiles may activate as you move around the room, so be careful! Outside of that, everyone is a Pokémon, so your job is to act like the Pokémon that you are!

Trap Tile effects are these: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Dungeon_tile

You can also find Items! Items, like abilities, will do what they do in the main games in battle.

Flavour! [finally, huh? There's a lot of explanation.]
"You all are awake inside a Box. You are not bound, or constrained in any way, shape of form. There is a dim light, from which you can make out 11 other figures. The box itself is large and moving quite steadily. You can't remember anything about who you are or where you came from, but you distinctly remember your species and a few of your moves. After a very long time, the box stops. You see the lid come down and there is approximately 50 Pichu and a Grovyle standing outside the box, though there are many, many more Pichu milling about in the surrounding area. As you step out into the evening, you see that the box is on wheels with some sort of contraption to power it. The Grovyle addresses you. "Welcome, brave adventurers! My name is TGK. You have been called here from various points in time to save the world. There are 5 dungeons with malevolent forces in them. Your job is to go through the dungeons and defeat the Malevolent Forces!" TGK said. You appear to be on a beach, and there is a large cave made of reddish stone behind TGK and the many Pichu. You turn around to see who's behind you as you accept TGK's request...

So yes, the first Dungeon is Beach Cave!

Sign-ups:
1. Jabberwock
2. Vracken
3. Professorlight
4. Yeowie
5. Vom bowlerdude04
6. bbninjas
7. Keeper of Night
8. Athena Plasma Dragon
9. double o squirtle
10. Empoleon_Master Simsands
11. Celever
12. Cypher333 TheFlyingPidove

Last edited:
/in as Honedge

Pokémon: Honedge
Ability: No Guard
Nature: Naughty (+Atk, –SpD)
Class: Swordsman
Melee Weapon: Shadow Sneak
Ranged Weapon: Sacred Sword
HP: 2
Attack: 2
Defence: 18
Special Attack: 15
Special Defence: 1
Speed: 20

Last edited:
Is Mage supposed to be -50% for both attack and special attack?
Also seems weird that we don't get a support move i.e. Substitute, growl etc

Name: Sol
Pokémon: Riolu
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Naive (+Speed -Special Defense)
Class: Cleric
Melee Attack: Extreme Speed
Ranged Attack: Flash Cannon
HP: 13
Attack: 10
Defence: 16
Special Attack: 13
Special Defence: 19
Speed: 05

Last edited:
Is Mage supposed to be -50% for both attack and special attack?
That... would be a typo.

Also seems weird that we don't get a support move i.e. Substitute, growl etc
That may or may not come later.

Also, stats!

HP: 2
Attack: 2
Defense: 18
Special Attack: 15
Special defense: 1
Speed: 20

HP: 13
Attack: 10
Defense: 16
Special Attack: 13
Special Defense: 19
Speed: 5

I will be posting these as soon as possible after a character is created, and then again in each of the updates.

Color me interested. Do abilities or the kind of attacks we have impact the game in some way? Also, are you using some kind of range to calculate the stat total? so you don't get a player who is too weak and one who is too powerful, I mean; look at jabberwock, with only three stats with two digits, while vracken has a grand total of five.
I'll let you know later if I'll be able to play, but at least for now, add me tentatively, please.

Pokémon
Ralts​
Ability
Trace​
Nature
Timid (+Speed, -Att)​
Class
Thief​
Melee
Shadow sneak​
Ranged
Dazzling gleam​

Color me interested. Do abilities or the kind of attacks we have impact the game in some way? Also, are you using some kind of range to calculate the stat total? so you don't get a player who is too weak and one who is too powerful, I mean; look at jabberwock, with only three stats with two digits, while vracken has a grand total of five.
They do. A lot of the attacks have similar in-battle effects to what they do, same goes for abilities. If I listed all the effects in the OP, however, we'd have an OP 10,000 miles long. I used Random.org and rolled 3 times for each stat, and chose the best one. [I'm not even kidding.] If you're interested but not sure, I'm going to roll your stats now.

HP: 16
Attack: 4
Defence: 8
Special Attack: 16
Special Defence: 14
Speed: 3
Aside from speed, your stats ended up being very Ralts-like, which I find funny. If you're not sure you can commit to this, it's no big deal, just shoot me a PM saying you're going to drop :)

They do. A lot of the attacks have similar in-battle effects to what they do, same goes for abilities. If I listed all the effects in the OP, however, we'd have an OP 10,000 miles long. I used Random.org and rolled 3 times for each stat, and chose the best one. [I'm not even kidding.] If you're interested but not sure, I'm going to roll your stats now.

HP: 16
Attack: 4
Special Attack: 16
Special Defence: 14
Speed: 3
Aside from speed, your stats ended up being very Ralts-like, which I find funny. If you're not sure you can commit to this, it's no big deal, just shoot me a PM saying you're going to drop :)

I see. That speed, though; awful news for a thief. Eh, the nature and the class will hopefully help offset it.

I'll take your point about attacks in mind, then; shadow sneak stays, because it is more speed, and because the alternative is Return, which as much as I love it, doesn't do anything. As for Dazzling gleam... meh, ralts doesn't have that many attacks with effects. And certainly none that fabulous.

...So, uh...yeah. This 20 Speed, which is supposed to help me avoid attacks? Well, I just realized I have No Guard. (Or rather, tgk pointed it out to me. Thanks, tgk.)

GG, everyone.

Unless someone wants to give me 34 Rare Candies and a Dusk Stone?

...So, uh...yeah. This 20 Speed, which is supposed to help me avoid attacks? Well, I just realized I have No Guard. (Or rather, tgk pointed it out to me. Thanks, tgk.)

GG, everyone.

Unless someone wants to give me 34 Rare Candies and a Dusk Stone?

I'll trade you your 20 for my 3. Deal?

But seriously now, I assume it will also make you move first, and being a swordsman, that's kind of important. The evasion loss is a pity, however.

Wow, this game sounds so amazing!
I'm in.

Pokémon: Pichu
Ability: Lightning Rod
Class: Mage
Melee Weapon: Volt Tackle [is this one valid as an egg move? (b/c light ball)]
Ranged Weapon: Thundershock
EDIT: Nature: Quirky (--,--)
~ Stats ~
Attack: 7
Special Attack: 17
Special Defence: 16
Speed: 15

Last edited:
Woooo, fun! :D
Pokémon: Carvanha
Ability: Speed Boost
Nature: Naughty (+Atk, -Sp. Def)
Class: Archer (don't ask me how. You prob underestimate fins! >: D)
Meelee Weapon: Crunch
Ranged Weapon: Hydro Pump

Volt Tackle [is this one valid as an egg move? (b/c light ball)]
Volt Tackle is Valid for Pichu. Also, you appear to be missing a nature. Might want to fix that.

Attack: 7
Special Attack: 17
Special Defence: 16
Your stats were Almost 1/1/1/1/1/1, but you got rolls higher than that every time as another one of the three. Jabber didn't get so lucky.

HP: 5
Attack: 15
Defence: 17
Special Attack: 10
Special Defence: 12

Ooohhh, not bad. I was actually really scared I'd get like 1s everywhere as I'm rarely lucky xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back