Discussion Dragons finally viable?

Lewcurio

Aspiring Trainer
With all the upcoming "support" for dragons, do they actually appear to be on the cusp of some potential? I can't help but think with Altaria, Dragonite GX, Lance, and now Salamence being released in the future, dragon type may actually be.... okay.

Wechselbalg

brb
Well, Ultra Necrozma is already playable now. Altaria-GX with the baby Altaria reprint also looks like it's going going to be playable. Not sure about Dragonite-GX. If it turns out to be viable with Lance then more people will start playing Gardevoir again which will blow it up. Same goes for the new Ray. Salamance has a cool ability but is otherwise terrible.

OppositeAttract

Aspiring Trainer
I'm not sure how well Dragons are positioned outside of Ray but Altaria has peaked my interest to the point where I'm going to put in work crafting something around it. White Kyurem is also an intriguing pokemon and one that I could see being played but with what I'm not entire sure. Although Salazzle GX seems feasible.

Articuno_Aria

Articuno is UNO for a reason
I was thinking about making an Altaria GX deck when the new set comes out. Like @Wechselbalg said we now have Ultra Necrozma and also Mysterious Treasure as Dragon support, and I think that I will be better with the new cards coming out (Lance prism star, latios, zinnia, etc)

Lewcurio

Aspiring Trainer
Can't believe I forgot about U. Necrozma being dragon. Side note: someone once said that making some of them weak to Dragon type would bring a little more balance to the meta and bring them up. Maybe less viable cards should be weak to [N] and more viable ones should be weak to [Y]?

Definitely looking forward to SM7 to see how Dragons are introduced in the overall meta game.

Fenrir Kamiya

Aspiring Trainer
With all the upcoming "support" for dragons, do they actually appear to be on the cusp of some potential? I can't help but think with Altaria, Dragonite GX, Lance, and now Salamence being released in the future, dragon type may actually be.... okay.
I belive it will be good to build a mix of Garchomp/ Lucario with both fighting and dragon Garchomps.

More versatile an consistence of a already strong non-GX deck.

WinterShorts

Aspiring Trainer
To put simply, I'm not saying anything until Double Dragon Energy gets reprinted. You can have all these fancy shenanigans like Zinnia, Lance Prism Star and Altaria, but DDE I believe is way too important for Dragons. Pokémon like Salamence-GX and Altaria-GX could've really used it since otherwise charging him up just wouldn't be worth it. Noivern would actually work as a strategy with how easy it could be to charge him and get the item lock early-game and Kommo-o-GX would jump from $.50 to a whole whopping dollar!

Caveguy

GIVE FERALIGATR A GX ALREADY
Kinda upsetting that with a dragon centered release that they decided against reprinting Double Dragon Energy

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
Yes we get it, Double Dragon Energy is a broken over powered card that would make the Dragons good

Maybe that's reason that it's not coming back?

Caveguy

GIVE FERALIGATR A GX ALREADY
Maybe they could turn DDE into a Prisim? So it could be a 1 of and it would help a lot of decks.