• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Dragon Majesty Charizard (Post-Rotation)

Cutegummybear

Aspiring Trainer
I really like Shining Celebi, but there haven't really been any good decks that could run it. The new Charizard could make a difference, though. In Dragon majesty, it looks like Charmander does 20 damage and leaves the opponent burned for 2 energy, Charmeleon does 80 damage for 3 energy, and Charizard does 130 damage (and discard an Energy) for 3 energy. This would be an underwhelming combo if it weren't for Charizard's ability; its Ability is that it does 30 more damage for each of the opponent's GX/EX Pokemon!! Thus, with a Counter Energy, Choice Band, and Celebi in play, if your opponent plays a single Tapu Lele GX down, Charizard would do 100 damage (with burn)!

Decklist:

Pokemon (17)
4 Charmander (Dragon Majesty)
2 Charmeleon (Dragon Majesty)
4 Charizard (Dragon Majesty)
3 Alolan Vulpix (Guardians Rising)
2 Tapu Lele GX (Guardians Rising)
2 Shining Celebi (Shining Legends

Trainers (32)
4x Ultra Ball
4x Nest Ball
4x Rare Candy
2x Rescue Stretcher
2x Switch
3x Guzma
4x Cynthia
4x Choice Band
1x Field Blower
4x Lillie

Energy (11)
4x Counter Energy
7x Fire Energy

To set up, do a first-turn Lillie, Nest Ball a bunch of Charmander, and use Alolan Vulpix as sacrifice to trigger Counter Energy as well as set up Charizards on the Bench.

Didn't even know this set existed until you posted this. Looks interesting to be sure. I would fear most racing to set up against OHKO decks which will likely be popular as they always are. To combat this i would try adding a decent basic GX to combat momentum loss. I like the Alolan Marowak for swing and would consider actually chucking the Vulpix x3 and putting a 2/2 line of Marowak in there.

Also, you've got 4 ultra ball, 4 nest ball and 2 charmeleon + 4 rare candy here. Seems to me like youre going to absolute consistency, but as a result you have less options overall with your strategy. 32 trainers overall is a little too much imo, but it needs testing to see how it flows.

I know you really want to use Shining Celebi, but I don't think this is the deck for it. I think it would be better suited in something like Luxray, which could be a much better use of the deck space, with a 4-4-4 line of them and the 2 Shining Celebi, cutting out switch for the two Luxios, since Luxray has free retreat. That way, you can play item lock which is always cancerously fun, but also get the most out of the Celebis, in terms of making it a core element of the strategy. I think if you wanted to continue with Charizard, however, Putting in a Victini Prism Star and 1 copy of the BUS Alolan Ninetales would really make a difference. The reason I say this is because for that extra third energy, you can use Charizard's attack and OHKO the Lele, instead of two-shotting with a burn that will probably only do 20 damage, not killing it. If Charizard's and Charmeleon's attacks both either discarded two energy or needed a coin flip, then using the celebi would be the right call, but they don't, so it seems unwise to cheat out of a knockout when it stares at you in the face. Charizard has incredible amounts of potential, in more ways than Garchomp did, and it will be a force to be reckoned with when built right, which I feel like you have accomplished for the most part. However, Celebi is not the right call, unlike Victini Prism Star (a must have in any fire deck).

Back