• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Donphan-Ursa deck (NEED HELP)

Aspiring Trainer
Having started only less than 2months, i need suggestions on ways to improve my deck. PLS HELP! comments and critics!

4-3 Donphan Prime
3-3 Ursaring Prime
1-1 Slowking HGSS
2 Uxie
1 Chatot

Pokemon: 18

3 Pokemon Collector
3 Interviewer's Questions
3 Bebe's Search
4 Pokemon Communication
4 Plus Power
1 Professor Oak's New Theory
2 Cynthia's Feelings
3 Expert Belt
1 Poke Radar
1 Luxury Ball

Trainer/Supporter: 25

10 Fighting Energy
3 Double Colourless Energy
4 Rainbow Energy

Energy: 17

The "Idea"
hopefully bring start off with a phanpy to have a quick rush by bringing out Donphan on the 2nd turn. Donphan with an attack of 90damage may not bring down opponent's pokemon. Thus use Ursaring's Megaton Lariat with a wooping 120 and maybe and expert belt and a few plus powers to bring down a tanky pokemon that Donphan fails to do.

WallaceNiceBoobs said:
It looks like a fun deck to me. Do bear in mind that both Donphan and Ursaring have a rather high retreating cost. I suggest adding in some warp points/switches or warp energys. Seekers are another alternative. also an azelf wont hurt u. Anyway welcome to tcg mate.

AGGRO comment!

The concept is fine, and the list is pretty good. Just a few things.
Poke Radar is just bad, don't use it. 4-3 Donphan is kinda weird, just use 3-3. You don't need so many Energy. And Rainbow doesn't have much a use, provided your strategy works. Interviewer's... meh. I don't like it, but I see its use in getting DCE. Four Communication is overkill since you only run 18 Pokemon. What you really need is more draw.
-1 PokeRadar
-1 Pokemon Communication
-3 Fighting Energy
-4 Rainbow
+2 Warp Point/Switch
+4 Poke Drawer+
+1 DCE
+2 PONT
Good list though.

6-Dimension said:
The concept is fine, and the list is pretty good. Just a few things.
Poke Radar is just bad, don't use it. 4-3 Donphan is kinda weird, just use 3-3. You don't need so many Energy. And Rainbow doesn't have much a use, provided your strategy works. Interviewer's... meh. I don't like it, but I see its use in getting DCE. Four Communication is overkill since you only run 18 Pokemon. What you really need is more draw.
-1 PokeRadar
-1 Pokemon Communication
-3 Fighting Energy
-4 Rainbow
+2 Warp Point/Switch
+4 Poke Drawer+
+1 DCE
+2 PONT
Good list though.

thanks alot for the help, but i have a problem, poke drawer+ from stormfront is kinda old and the stormfront booster packs are extinct. can u give me some suggestions other than poke drawer+?

I like the idea of rainbow energy, but 4 is really overkill as stated before. The idea of an induced berserk is not new, so I can see how donphan helps with it. Really good synergy I guess, may even compete against garchomp c lv x since he is weak (oh wait, 240 damage anyone?). In terms of speed it is up there, but I cant imagine you having a large hand size for resources with only one PONT, so maybe upping the number a little? The slowking tech is viable but i personally don't see it having much effect if the opponent runs multiples of the card that you discarded(as he should if its a good card), and shuffles after you arrange it(due to T/S). As with any ursaring deck, I would max out the DCE's, then reduce the IQns to just 2. The expert belt'd pokemon you have are not immortals, and most likely you wont want the opponent getting two prizes.(In fact, don't let them get any XD!) So i would recommend some switch or warp points(whichever is easier to obtain since you just started). I don't think you needs an Azelf (what are the odds of having every donphan in the prize?) -About the same as getting every donphan and ursaring you have in your hand.(which I'm sure you never have had.)
-2 rainbow energy
-2 (1/1 slowking)
-1 Interviewer's questions
-1 Poke radar
+1 DCE
+2/3 switch/warp point
+2 PONT
+2 SSU's (if snipers are abundant in your area.)

Cheers.

SoiHeardYouLikeMudkipz said:
I like the idea of rainbow energy, but 4 is really overkill as stated before. The idea of an induced berserk is not new, so I can see how donphan helps with it. Really good synergy I guess, may even compete against garchomp c lv x since he is weak (oh wait, 240 damage anyone?). In terms of speed it is up there, but I cant imagine you having a large hand size for resources with only one PONT, so maybe upping the number a little? The slowking tech is viable but i personally don't see it having much effect if the opponent runs multiples of the card that you discarded(as he should if its a good card), and shuffles after you arrange it(due to T/S). As with any ursaring deck, I would max out the DCE's, then reduce the IQns to just 2. The expert belt'd pokemon you have are not immortals, and most likely you wont want the opponent getting two prizes.(In fact, don't let them get any XD!) So i would recommend some switch or warp points(whichever is easier to obtain since you just started). I don't think you needs an Azelf (what are the odds of having every donphan in the prize?) -About the same as getting every donphan and ursaring you have in your hand.(which I'm sure you never have had.)
-2 rainbow energy
-2 (1/1 slowking)
-1 Interviewer's questions
-1 Poke radar
+1 DCE
+2/3 switch/warp point
+2 PONT
+2 SSU's (if snipers are abundant in your area.)

Cheers.

thanks for spending time reading my post. thanks for the help!
i agree with u in taking out slowking, i seldom play it out, i've always focused on bringing out all 3donphans and ursas.

I agree with all that has been said above, and here are my suggestions:

-1 chatot (seems kinda random)
-1 Slowking (same as above)
-1 Slopoke
-4 Rainbow (seem uneeded)
-2 Cynthia's (Proffesor Oaks New Theory is more consistant)
-1 Pokeradar (there are some better choices)

+1 Double Colorless energy
+1 Proffesor Oaks New theory
+1 azelf
+2 Warp Energy
+2 seeker
+3 Rescue energy

Great deck! hope this helps!

Liriane said:
I agree with all that has been said above, and here are my suggestions:

-1 chatot (seems kinda random)
-1 Slowking (same as above)
-1 Slopoke
-4 Rainbow (seem uneeded)
-2 Cynthia's (Proffesor Oaks New Theory is more consistant)
-1 Pokeradar (there are some better choices)

+1 Double Colorless energy
+1 Proffesor Oaks New theory
+1 azelf
+2 Warp Energy
+2 seeker
+3 Rescue energy

Great deck! hope this helps!

i'll explain the use of rainbow energy...
let's say i started of with a teddiursa i need to get him damaged to activate berserk on my second turn when i evolve it. thus rainbow energy puts 1 damage counter on the pokemon it's attached to.

as for chatot, since i have quite little basic pokemon. imagine my 1st hand has no search-trainer cards, i'll use chatot to search out luxury ball/pokemon communicator

i know it seems strange to many that i have many Fighting energy.
it's because when i played in games, i find i rather hard to get them due to donphan's Heavy impact requiring purely 3 Fighting energy

BTW, thanks for reading and commenting! =D

81888172 said:
thanks alot for the help, but i have a problem, poke drawer+ from stormfront is kinda old and the stormfront booster packs are extinct. can u give me some suggestions other than poke drawer+?

A good replacement for Drawer is PokedexHANDY910is. It's found in Platinum or Diamond/Pearl.

6-Dimension said:
81888172 said:

A good replacement for Drawer is PokedexHANDY910is. It's found in Platinum or Diamond/Pearl.

thanks alot! i'll get Pokedex Handy 910!

Back