• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Donphan Prime/Machamp Prime

The Yoshi

Wumbo
Hey guys! I want to make a new deck, so I'm thinking Donphan/Machamp. Here's the list:

4-3-1/2/1 Machamp SF/Prime/X(base and stage 1 from SF)
3-3 Donphan Prime
4 Spiritomb AR
2 Uxie LA
1 Azelf LA
Total Pokemon:24

3 Pokemon Collector
3 Bebe's Search
1 Palmer's Contribution
2 Warp Point
2 BTS
2 Pokemon Communication
4 Pokedrawer +
3 Seeker
2 Super Scoop Up
Total T/S/S:21

9 Fighting Energy
3 DCE
2 Rescue Energy
Total Energy:14

Strategy: Hopefully get a Spiritomb start and evolve to Donphan or Machamp. While powering up a benched Machamp Prime, I'll be hitting hard with Earthquake. When Machamp is ready, I'll use its Pokepower Fighting Tag to switch, and then crank out Champ Buster to take out strong guys, which can do an easy 140 because of Earthquake's damage.

I know this needs work, so I need all the help I can get! Thanks!

I wouldn't reccomend the machamp X.
Maybe:

-4 Pokedrawer +
-2 Seeker
-2 SSU
-1 Machamp X
-2 Spiritomb
-2 Rescue energy
-2 Pokemon Collector
total: -15
+ 1 machamp Prime
+ 1 Fighting Energy
+3 Rare Candy
+1 Bebe's
+1 Pokemon Communication
+3 Expert Belt
+1 Twins
+1 IQ
+2 PONT
+1 Lux ball
Total: +15

I'd like a little more explanation on the things you took out. I would rather level-up the Machamp SF anyway, but LMK why.

Well, I don't see why Pokedrawer fits into this deck over cards like Luxury Ball and E-belt. They just strike me as more for this deck.
I like always having just over the bare minimum of energies at any given time. While my Donchamp is far from perfect, I never have too many or too few energies, and this is basically the same number.
Seeker isn't too useful in most situations for this deck, and 3 is total overkill. You could be getting cards that are more useful.
I don't like running Spiritomb in Donchamp myself, because trainers like rare candy always seem to work better for me.
I don't know why you'd put in SSU, I see no use for it in this deck whatsoever.
The collectors are really useless late game, and clutter your hand.
Finally, the rescue energy don't seem that useful to me. Maybe I'm wrong, as I've never tried them in my Donchamp deck, but that's just me.

I agree with most of it, but I'd rather not play IQ. It just seems sub-par. I don't think I'l be able to use Machamp X anyway. I'll take most of those into consideration and upate later. Thanks!

Back