Discussion Does Zoroark GX go with Everything?

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
It's really just that simple. Are there some decks where Zoro wouldn't work? Or does it just make everything better? Would it work in Goomy/Kartana? I ask this because I've seen many many many decks in the Deck Garage say Zoroark/This and Zoroark/That and thought "hey, it might be good!"

It's just a matter of bench space, IMO.

Things like Malamar decks usually can't fit it in since you already are forced to fill 2 slots with Malamar and then at least 1 with Tapu Lele GX. UNGX in particular runs Dawn Wings Necrozma GX which takes another spot, and then you need room for 1 or 2 attackers.

Naganadel GX decks won't run it since they need a flush UB board.

tl;dr - if you have room on the bench, you absolutely should be playing Zoroark GX, in my opinion.

I'm not too familiar with how Goomy/Kartana works, so I can't really "recommend" specifically for or against it.

EDIT: This opinion is strictly for post rotation, just to make that clear.

Last edited:
Duo is right, you can't fit in decks like Metagross because, ideally, you need multiple metagross in play for win condition and zoroark disrupts that goal. I feel like Zoroark doesn't really work with Lapras either. I also don't think Zoroark is the best in decks that run mostly/ only basic attackers since you are trying to deny prizes and in many cases zoroark can be two, easy prizes.

Duo is right, you can't fit in decks like Metagross because, ideally, you need multiple metagross in play for win condition and zoroark disrupts that goal. I feel like Zoroark doesn't really work with Lapras either. I also don't think Zoroark is the best in decks that run mostly/ only basic attackers since you are trying to deny prizes and in many cases zoroark can be two, easy prizes.
This answers my question in context. Thank you very much.

Back