News Decidueye-GX, Incineroar-GX, & Primarina-GX Premium Collections in June!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Athena, Feb 23, 2017.

1. jessalakasam Floette is love Floette is life
    jessalakasam

Wait did they really already give up on Alternate arts?

2. Ramo0927 Stay away. I am literal cancer.
    Ramo0927

That's a really good question. Why aren't these supposed to be Alternate Arts too? They did it with Lucario, Manectric and 2 Trainers, why not with Sun and Moon? They're basically breaking their own rules.... unless they really didn't want Lucario, Manectric and Sycamore to be in standard. If that's the case, then i'd be a bit disappointed at TPCI.

3. Starsoulklr Aspiring Trainer
    Starsoulklr

I think they're saving the alternative art symbol for when a card is released past the point it's last main set release would be rotating to keep cards from being Standard legal longer then intended. The Starter Trio GX cards were in the last couple of sets so these promos will be legal the same length of time the Base Sun and Moon copies.

It'll most likely be on any of the Full Arts coming out of that Best of XY in the Japanese version.

As for the boxes themselves: meh? I'm not the biggest fan of the Premium Collections as a whole mainly due to the less then stellar packaging that are the be flashing on display but not easy to remove.

4. Articuno_Aria Embrace the Aria *majestic tail whip*
    Articuno_Aria

I love the artwork of Decidueye (and the pin) but I would probably go with the Primarina box. I already have 4 Incineroars and 3 Decidueyes, only 1 Primarina

5. crystal_pidgeot Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
    crystal_pidgeot

I pretty much just want the Decidueye full art and I can get 5 for the price of the box. You'll be lucky to even break even on the packs. Pretty much the only way to do that is to pull a Tapu Lele-GX.

AshCo likes this.
  6. Articuno_Aria Embrace the Aria *majestic tail whip*
    Articuno_Aria

Yesterday someone at my league pulled a rainbow Lele from one of the packs he won :cool:

GekkisaiDaiNi likes this.
  7. GekkisaiDaiNi Bee Revenge!
    GekkisaiDaiNi

I pulled a FA Lele from my first GR pack :p

8. Um, why would they release them as alternate arts? These cards were made as hyper rares in GR, and that won't be rotating for a LONG time. Now if this were like the Best of XY SR Shaymin EX or something I could understand that question about alternate art labels.

9. Articuno_Aria Embrace the Aria *majestic tail whip*
    Articuno_Aria

Nice! I pulled a regular Lele in my GR booster box! I also pulled a rainbow Vikavolt!!

10. Articuno_Aria Embrace the Aria *majestic tail whip*
    Articuno_Aria

And maybe Decidueye an another time to complete my collection

11. GekkisaiDaiNi Bee Revenge!
    GekkisaiDaiNi

Awesome! Just yesterday I pulled a rainbow Toxapex :D

12. Chrswrites Aspiring Trainer
    Chrswrites

Nope. The Espeon and Umbreon GX promo's are alternate arts and have the 00a numbering

13. SceptileSquad Leaf Blade!
    SceptileSquad

Damn, in New Zealand these things are NZ$75, which is US$55. Still getting Decidueye, even though the price range is ridiculous

14. Swampert Full Art Aspiring Trainer
    Swampert Full Art

What? Steam Siege and Evolutions have been in A LOT more boxes than BREAKpoint has! I love BREAKpoint.

15. Swampert Full Art Aspiring Trainer
    Swampert Full Art

Nice Promos, Nice Pin and Coin, Textured Jumbo Card, great pull rate, very nice product in my opinion.

16. MuhFugginMoose I'd Say Grass Knot!
    MuhFugginMoose

Yes, but Steam Siege is still in this box, which is why I didn't include it. . .

But, prior to purchasing the box, I thought the six packs they showed in the article were accurate, but they weren't.

17. MissAngel92 Aspiring Trainer
    MissAngel92

I hope there will be a Lycanroc Midnight or Alolan Ninetales box some time!

18. AshCo Ladies' Man Extraordinaire
    AshCo

That Primarina is easily the best looking full art in the entire Sun and Moon era.

Articuno_Aria likes this.
  19. Ramo0927 Stay away. I am literal cancer.
    Ramo0927

Actually Breakpoint is out of print i'm pretty sure

20. MuhFugginMoose I'd Say Grass Knot!
    MuhFugginMoose

Great, now if they can just follow suit with Steam Siege lol

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?