• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Decidueye deck that's destroying Sheffield

21times

Aspiring Trainer
Hello Beach Bums,

I took this off the twitch stream, so I think it's accurate but it's fuzzy so it's hard to tell exactly, but this is the Decidueye deck that's destroying everything in it's path in Sheffield this weekend. It's now 11-1-3 and in the top 4:

4-4-4 Decidueye
2-2-2 Vileplume
2 Shaymin
1 Lugia EX
1 Promo Jirachi
1 Beedrill EX
1 Tauros GX

4 Sycamore
3 N
1 Lillie
2 Lysandre

4 Trainers Mail
1 Revitalizer
4 Ultra Ball
3 Level Balls
3 Float Stones

4 FOGP

3 Grass Energy
4 DCE

This is Goncalo Ferrerria's list. He's now in top 4, and the Volc that was in top 8 got beaten.
Top 4 are now Gyarados vs. Turbo Darkrai and this Decidueye list vs. a Vileplume box.

Last edited:
12:45 PM EST on Sunday March 5, update - Gyarados vs Decidueye in the final. I haven't seen the exact decklist for the Gyarados list but it looks cut and paste, no surprises or anything unusual in it. This Decidueye deck is much more thoughtful, much more creative... and with Feather Arrow I doubt this will be much of a match.

1:18 PM EST 2 easy wins for Decidueye mean that this deck is the Sheffield Regionals champ.

Last edited:
I like the list. With all the EXP Share decks around, Beedrill-EX is nice. Just goes to show you Vileplume is still very strong.

Doesn't mean that much in and of itself from my perspective. The thing with item lock decks is you can get wins even in matchups where you really shouldn't if you win the flip and can get that t1 Vileplume. Decidueye being able to start 'attacking' on turn 1 with its ability further increases the importance of the flip. He only narrowly won in quarters verses Mega-Ray and it did essentially come down to that flip.

I'd like to see exactly what his route through Swiss was like and hear how those games went. Beedrill is a great tech response to Garbodor but I wonder if/when/how it actually came into play against it or if he was fortunate enough to sort of pass by all of the garb decks like ships in the night.

This deck (an expanded version) also got into the finals at St Louis Regionals, but I didn't catch the winner. It won the first game.

This deck (an expanded version) also got into the finals at St Louis Regionals, but I didn't catch the winner. It won the first game.
What's really interesting to me is that I bumped into the Decidueye GX player after his T32 match where he beat a Volcanion EX deck player. I did not see his match, but I would think the Volcanion EX match-up should have been really favorable to the player running a Fire deck (definitely based upon my early testing). However, great players seem to find ways to win despite bad match-ups. Big props to all the players who overcame their bad match-ups.

In my own experience with Decidueye Lock against Volcanion, if you get that turn 1 item lock, it makes it tough for Volc, but yes even still it's a tough matchup.

is this decidueye GX or the regular decidueye? sorry if its obvious, i havent played competitively in a while. thanks

Back