Help Decided to Get Back into the TCG

Vmates83

Aspiring Trainer
I used to play back in the mid to late 90s and now that I have kids of my own, I decided to introduce them to the game and get my wife involved as well. Today on an impulse, I bought a Gaurdian Rising booster box. These were my best pulls of the box, Turtonator GX regular and FA, Tapu Lele GX RR 155/144, Metagross GX RR 157/144, Metagross GX regular, Kommo-o GX regular, and Toxapex GX regular. I think I got pretty lucky pulling the two RR. Kind of thinking about selling the RR but I'm not sure if doing it now or waiting would be better. Tapu Lela is going for $71 alone on amazon. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Just collecting or playing? Either way I'd hold onto that RR Tapu Lele GX because it can basically fit in any deck. Good luck deciding who gets to use it though ;). In some way's though the best idea might be to look at the deck garage and get an idea of what kind of decks work best in the current format, I played in the 90's too and things have changed since those days.

Tapu Lele-GX appears to have become a deck staple; expect to need about two per deck. If you're not focused on collecting, yes I would trade/sell any Rainbow Rares and even Full Arts you don't plan on keeping, but in this case you probably should "downgrade", getting the regular version and then whatever profit you can between the two.

I'll stop there; I've been playing on the PTCGO for the last few years (haven't bought product in years), so I'm probably quite rusty as to how best to handle things. Just wanted to say something before you sold your Tapu Lele-GX without careful consideration. ;)

Thanks for the replies, I'll probably keep it for now since we do play each other and I might try to get my 7 year old to play competitively.

It's likely that the price of Tapu Lele will continue to go up once Shaymin EX rotates out of the current standard after Worlds this year, but that's just me speculating. Either way, I'd hang on to it, at least for now.

I hope your kids have a good time playing :)

Back