• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard [CTFC] Sylveon GX

The Last Shaymin

Floof
Convenience for the Community portal!

Hey, It's TLS from the CTFC group!

And I present to you...

Skillveon (or Salteon...) GX!
Pokemanz-8
4-Eevee sum
3-Sylveon GX

trainers-40
1-N
2-cynthia
4-Team Flare Grunt
3-Team skull grunt
3-Team rockets handiwork
2-Enhanced hammer
1-Crushing Hammer
2-Field Blower
4-Puzzle of time
3-Pal Pad
2-Ultra ball
2-Float Stone
1-Choice band
2-Guzma
3-Parallel city
3-Delinquent
3-Red card

energy- 12
10-Fairy energy
2-DCE
Pokemanz-7
4-Eevee sum
3-Sylveon GX

trainers-39
1-N
2-cynthia
4-Team Flare Grunt
3-Team skull grunt
3-Team rockets handiwork
2-Enhanced hammer
2-Crushing Hammer
1-Field Blower
4-Puzzle of time
3-Pal Pad
2-Float Stone
1-Choice band
2-Guzma
3-Parallel city
3-Delinquent
4-Max Potion

energy- 14
12-Fairy energy
2-DCE
This is my quad sylveon deck with only 3 sylveon. I think this deck could be even better than the old kind because of access to pal pad. Pal pad is stronger than vs seeker in a way, because you can just search for those supporters with sylveon's attack. The 1 choice band is just a in case there is something that is going to beat me. Like that's ever going to happen. Pfft.

Last edited:

Shabbster

Aspiring Trainer
OK, so a few things I noticed that I don't like about this deck. I actually run this deck at my locals so I kinda know what does and doesn't (or won't, in this case) work.

-3 Red Card. I see what you're trying to do with the Red card, Delinquent Combo but it doesn't quite make a lot of sense.
-2 Ultra Ball. That's what magical Ribbon is for.
-2 Team Skull grunt. There's too many decks running light energy strats. This card is really only good after a big N or turn 1 and it can still brick hard.
-2 Float Stone. You shouldn't have to worry about this with Guzma and max potion. Only have to worry about getting 1 shot.
-1 Field Blower. Tools have become less prevalent (besides Band) and in a pinch you can Puzzle it out again.
+1 Gladion. If you get 2 Sylveon prized, you will thank me for this.
+4 Max Potion. No idea why you didn't include this to begin with.
+2 N. 3 N is fair since you are not going to be taking any prizes unless some poop really hits the fan and it end games into delinquent really well.
+2 Lusamine. This is like... the only deck that actually uses Lusamine. Use her. You'll like it to get back those handiworks.
+1 Crushing Hammer. Same as grunt. Need to deal with those turbo energy decks and these are always a first pick for me on my first ribbon.

The Last Shaymin

Floof
Oh i forgot max potion...

Instead of lusamine, I will run pal pad because lusamine uses my supporter, while pal pad does not (Im not playing this until it comes out.)

Shabbster

Aspiring Trainer
Oh i forgot max potion...

Instead of lusamine, I will run pal pad because lusamine uses my supporter, while pal pad does not (Im not playing this until it comes out.)

You know what, I forgot what Pal Pad did. That's a good point. Those Lusamine could be more Crushing hammer tho for sure.

Alex Sableye

Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
Lusamine is better, because you can search out another Lusamine and another supporter. BOOM, endless Lusamine loop.
EDIT: Kinda like searching two puzzle of time with two puzzle of time...

The Last Shaymin

Floof
Lusamine is better, because you can search out another Lusamine and another supporter. BOOM, endless Lusamine loop.
EDIT: Kinda like searching two puzzle of time with two puzzle of time...
Lusamine pretty much wastes your supporter for the turn. It is inefficient, and you will probably loose if you do an infinite lusamine loop.

Alex Sableye

Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
Lusamine pretty much wastes your supporter for the turn. It is inefficient, and you will probably loose if you do an infinite lusamine loop.
The only reason I said that is my bro uses a Simisage/Simipour/Simisear/Tauros GX Deck Based around giving the monkeys as much HP as possible via Dumbells and Training Center, and winning the prize race. Tauros is for emergencies. He uses a Lusamine loop and it works well. He uses the Sun/Moon monkeys and the Hand Fling monkeys.

The Last Shaymin

Floof
Yes, but he is trying to keep a STADIUM in play. We, on the other hand, are trying to discard all of their energy. To do that, we need a supporter called team flare grunt.

The Last Shaymin

Floof
Updated decklist:

Pokemanz-7
4-Eevee sum
3-Sylveon GX

trainers-39
1-N
2-cynthia
4-Team Flare Grunt
3-Team skull grunt
3-Team rockets handiwork
2-Enhanced hammer
2-Crushing Hammer
1-Field Blower
4-Puzzle of time
3-Pal Pad
2-Float Stone
1-Choice band
2-Guzma
3-Parallel city
3-Delinquent
4-Max Potion

energy- 14
12-Fairy energy
2-DCE

Last edited:

The Last Shaymin

Floof
What do you mean???

Skillveon takes skill.

Normal sylveon does not.

Lusamine is better then Pal Pad for this deck since you can loop supporters infinitely
Yes, but you would much rather be using pal pad instead of lusamine because lusamine takes up your supporter, and most of the time you want to be team flare grunting their energy off.

Last edited by a moderator:

AFEX

Serena is too cute!
Yes, but you would much rather be using pal pad instead of lusamine because lusamine takes up your supporter, and most of the time you want to be team flare grunting their energy off.

I might also suggest instead of-

4x Max Potion

You should have:

4x Fairy Drop

Because Discarding a fairy energy is wasteful and if you have some prized/discarded you could have very limited energy left in your deck to attach.
Sure it only heals 60 but it is sooo much better, I think it makes your opponent less mad you completely healed up Sylveon than when you heal 60
and then your opponents inched from a KO, that is FARRR more annoying/funny to watch.

The Last Shaymin

Floof
I might also suggest instead of-

4x Max Potion

You should have:

4x Fairy Drop

Because Discarding a fairy energy is wasteful and if you have some prized/discarded you could have very limited energy left in your deck to attach.
Sure it only heals 60 but it is sooo much better, I think it makes your opponent less mad you completely healed up Sylveon than when you heal 60
and then your opponents inched from a KO, that is FARRR more annoying/funny to watch.
Have you played sylveon before? Lets see... I run 12 energy. 6 could be prized. thats 6 energy. That is enough for 4 max potions, and that is in the worst circumstances possible. Besides, you could search out the remaining energy and keep them in your hand.

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
What do you mean???

Skillveon takes skill.

Normal sylveon does not.

If i NEED to flare grunt then I flare grunt. It;s that simple. Sylveon is a game of attrition you will have plenty of time to find the opportunity to play a Lusamine. And I'd rather be able to get back supporters (or Parallel City) perpetually then do it slightly faster a couple times

DLyne

OG TRAINER, DECK CONSTRUCTION GURU
Just an idea for you... With Sylveon decks, I run 2-3x Talonflame Steam Seige only because it is another Searching pokemon and would give you another starter so hopefully you are not consistently muliganing for an eevee each game.... but with your build you have no ultra ball as we know talonflame becomes useless if it doesnt start.... but just a thought.... I like the deck build... might try a similar build this weekend...

Just be aware Trashalance garbordor is gonna be a heavy hitter against you.... ive been there....it sucks...

JMUBoy

Aspiring Trainer
I would cut out the Cynthia's and 2 team skull grunts. Then, I would add a hoopa and a ralts-gardevoir GX line with 1 rare candy. I've been playing it like this and it's been great. I think the 3 team skill grunts is a little much, and you don't need cynthia because you have magical ribbon.