Cresselia lv.x

Wizzblade

Leaf Blade!
This is a great card! I know everyone is hyping about it, but I still think it will be a good card for fun players like me.

cresselia-lv-x.jpg

Poke-Power: Full Moon Dance - Once during your turn, you may move a damage counter from one of any Pokemon in play to another. This power stops working when Cresselia Lv.X is affected by a Special Condition.

[PPC] Moon Skip: 40 damage
If the Defending Pokemon is Knocked Out by this attack causing you to draw a prize card, draw an extra prize card as well. (WPM Note: If you knock out a regular Pokemon, you draw 2 prize cards. If you knock out an EX, you draw 3. Use Full Moon Dance to get the Defending Pokemon close to being Knocked Out, then finish it off with Moon Skip.)

Weakness: [P] x2
Retreat: [C]

First of all, I love the illustration. I really like how shizurow is giving us a celestial feel on the cresselia/darkrai lv.x cards. Now, on to the attacks: Full moon dance can stack so you can have it happening twice per turn if you have 2 Cressys on the bench. It helps heal your main attacker while putting counters on your opponent's benched pokemon. Moon skip is what people are hyping about, and I also think it is good. It is a wonderful finisher for your opponent, and it works well with the first attack because it helps weaken your opponents pokemon to be finished. The weakness means that if cresselia is popular, the mirror matchups will be deadly. I think that the retreat is really good because a 1 retreat is acceptable to use. Remember that it can also use attacks from normal cresselia, which means that after a moon skip, it can use crescent dance and discard to energies to refuel one of your main attackers. I think cressy works well as a healer and finisher in most psychic decks. One of the combos that I see is with gallade/new gardevoir lv.x, because if your opponent only has 1 pokemon on the bench, gallade can lower your opponent's health to 50, then you use a warp point to switch to cressy and your opponent will switch in the weakened pokemon put 1 counter on it with full moon dance, and finish with moon skip. Cresselia would also be able to fully heal gardevoir lv.x, which will have a lot of hp. What do you guys think? Try to discuss it thoroughly rather than just saying that it is a broken card.

Well, its only really good as a 2-2 line to take full advantage of it. Its low hp is something that might concern one, as it can be pretty easily knocked out by other Pokemon (Cough...COugh... Dusknoir)

Its almost like another Banette ex, but better. Also, I have to agree on the illustration. It IS pretty beastly :)

This is, pretty much, the new definition of broken. I can't think of anything better than drawing 2 prizes for KOing a Holon's Castform (with a Pluspower, but still.). Or anything, really. And the card is pretty nice, I just think the Pokemon is designed horribly, but that isn't the card artist's fault.
Then again, it isn't that broken. It's still a stage 1, can only be used twice in a deck, has double weakness (Psychic, not good) and 100 HP. This will prove to be quite interesting, I'm sure...

StealthAngel667 said:
This is, pretty much, the new definition of broken. I can't think of anything better than drawing 2 prizes for KOing a Holon's Castform (with a Pluspower, but still.). Or anything, really. And the card is pretty nice, I just think the Pokemon is designed horribly, but that isn't the card artist's fault.
Then again, it isn't that broken. It's still a stage 1, can only be used twice in a deck, has double weakness (Psychic, not good) and 100 HP. This will prove to be quite interesting, I'm sure...

Yes. I definitely thing cresselia decks should use a lot of pluspower, because that would allow it to grab the basics right off the bat.

StealthAngel667 said:

Not a stage 1, it is a basic. Which means It can be searched by mentor.
I can see it with Absol EX or a 1-1 line in snipe decks.

abaxter94 said:
Not a stage 1, it is a basic. Which means It can be searched by mentor.
I can see it with Absol EX or a 1-1 line in snipe decks.

Where does it say "Basic"...
It isn't neither a basic nor a stage 1, its a pokemon card.

For combos, Gardy/Gallade line comes to my mind, but its a vague idea.

Crescellia-Pure definition of broken attacks(including the pre-evs). The moon skip attack is truly broken. The other 2 are pretty good too. Than the power is a broken version of Shady move. Lets look at some statistics.(and special, yay!, scenarios)

Exxegutor d vs. Cressy: Whoop!
HC if you have Pluspower: Whoop!
Just any weakened hitter: Whoop
Just any weakned EX: Whoop!

Pros
EXTRA PRIZE CARDS! WHHHOOOOOPP!
BROKEN ATTACKS AND POWER!!!
WHOOP IS FUN TO TYPE!

cons
can only play 2 or 1
low HP
stage 1
Low HP+ X2 Weakness: not-whoop!
Physchic wekaness

Stats(same way backwards..Yay! :D)
Unlimited: NO! JUST NO! weakness, 3 for 40(no matter how broken) 1.5/5

Modified: Broken here, no dought. 4/5

limited:extra prizes=wins,wins,wins 4.99/5

If anyone is lucky enough to build one up during a Prerelease, than they most likely will own.

Illustration: I would say that the artwork is nice, very nice & it looks very shining too... :D

HP: This is the 1 thing that we need to worry about especially if you are playing against a Psychic deck, which I think it will even more popular in the future than now because of Gardevoir and/or Gallade...

Poke-Power: Similar to Banette ex's poke-power & nothing much to say about this.. :)

Attack: Another broken attack, & come to think of it, it can work well in any sniping deck & I think most probably it will be in Empoleon or R-Gon because Empoleon deck is mostly a pure water deck, so it is ok to put in another type in the deck & as for R-Gon, Cresselia LV X can enter definitely here since R-Gon is a Psychic deck... :D

Weakness: Very bad... :(
Resistance: No Resistance... :(
Retreat Cost: Normal... :)

Unlimited: It will be pawned... 3/10
Modified: In this format, its kinda broken... 7/10
Limited: Same thing as modified but better, I supposed... 9/10

P.S I can't wait to get my hands on this card... :D

ketchup and mustard: dusknoir needs two hits to k.o cresselia, its put damage lol.

and yeah cresselia might go well with gardevoir+gallade. gardevoir PK for energy accelaration, gallade to weaken and cresselia to finish.

i miss you reversal. :(

Back