• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Creep Show Gengar

MoFoTY86

Aspiring Trainer
So I recently got done reading @JEKyl 's article about Buzzwole and saw that Creep Show could be an interesting add. Talking back and forth with Mr. Kettler, I was wanting to try to bring back Creep Show Gengar back into the mix. So here is a list I made up on the fly. Let me know how you all feel and what I should switch out.

Pokémon:17
1-Necrozma GX
4 Gastley (BKT 33)
2 Haunter (BKT 59)
2 Gengar (Breakthrough)
1 Gengar (Crimson Invasion)
2 Tapu Koko (promo)
2 Latios (Shining Legends)
2 Tapu Lele GX
1 Oraguru (SunMoon)

Trainers: 31
4 Sycamore
4 N
3 Guzma
4 Ultra Ball
4 Evosoda
2 Rare Candy
2 Brigette
2 Skyla
1 Counter Capture
2 Field Blower
2 Po Town
1 Sea of Nothingness (Crimson Invasion)

Energy: 12
4 Counter Energy
4 Rainbow Energy
4 Psychic Energy

I don't have time to explain since my lunch is almost over at work. Pretty much get as much dmg counters on their Pokémon as you can. Lots of ways to spread damage. Thought of adding Espeon EX for that de evolve. Feel free to express how you feel about this. I am not trying to win Worlds with this but just for fun and annoy my local group.

Why the rainbow energy? Isn't all of this psychic?
You are correct @Rodzillaj3 , I can't see what he would be using rainbow energy for in this deck.

You should replace the rainbow energies with DCE's and I consider perhaps getting rid of your 4 counter energy and adding Shining Mew to help you accelerate energy.

Probably -1 Necrozma; +1 Buzzwole?

I think in this deck, he's better off playing the Latios from Shining Legends. It will eliminate the need of adding Rainbow energy since Latios uses a DCE to do the same thing. Its also a 1 prize attacker opposed to Buzzwole who is a 2 prize attacker.

Not a bad start. In our first conversation, I felt like a Psychic/D-Valley build for Expanded is overall a much better deck. That build seems much easier to make though, so let's worth with the one we have here.

-We could do a 4 Counter/4 Double/3-5 Psychic split on Energy. Keep it simple, super easy to Breakthrough whenever you want, and not too hard to respond with a Gengar OHKO
-A split on the Gengar line just sounds so hard on your setting up. I don't know if a Crimson Invasion Gengar is wroth it, but you probably need 3 Gengar
-The 4th Ghastly and 2nd Haunter might be cuttable if you need space, but I prefer to keep them.
-Haunter or Gengar + Sea of Nothingness is a cool idea, but probably not consistent. I'd cut it for now.
-Four Evo Soda when you only run five Evolutions in the entire deck sounds really painful. Maybe cut 2-3 for Rare Candies or other draw cards.

That's all I got for now! Good start and best of luck.

Back