Help Counters To VikaBulu? (Standard)

triplemo

Aspiring Trainer
What are some some ways to help swing the matchup in your favor? Any techs, different play styles or strategy, perhaps even a certain deck? Just curious.(Note: Standard Of Course)

optimal_max

Aspiring Trainer
A good strategy is to use high damage fighting pokes that are not weak to leaf pokemon (like Buzzwhole) keep pleny of catchers and Guzmas and keep knocking out the Vikavolts. W/o vikavolt , Tapu Bulu slows way down.

that_one_venasaur

Aspiring Trainer
I agree with @optimal_max

I've been using VikaBulu a lot (with much success) and then key is to get rid of Vikavolt. I would also say that any ways to disrupt energy flow or evolution are also important. Crushing Hammer, Espeon EX, and other disrupting cards are really key to stopping VikaBulu.

It's a really fast deck, so if you can get your field set up quickly, you stand a good shot.

triplemo

Aspiring Trainer
I agree with @optimal_max

I've been using VikaBulu a lot (with much success) and then key is to get rid of Vikavolt. I would also say that any ways to disrupt energy flow or evolution are also important. Crushing Hammer, Espeon EX, and other disrupting cards are really key to stopping VikaBulu.

It's a really fast deck, so if you can get your field set up quickly, you stand a good shot.
Thanks will definently, use that strategy, makes sense to me!

A good strategy is to use high damage fighting pokes that are not weak to leaf pokemon (like Buzzwhole) keep pleny of catchers and Guzmas and keep knocking out the Vikavolts. W/o vikavolt , Tapu Bulu slows way down.
Fighting Pokemon to OHKO the vikavolts with weakness, right?
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

biffthepotato

It's Wednesday M'dudes
Like everybody else said, just KO there Vikavolts, and 1 card that I teched into my ZoroRoc to counter Vika/Bulu was 1 Buzzwole GX witch could let you damage Bulus and Vikavolts allowing you to 1 HKO both with Zoroark GX. When I played against Vika Bulu this is exactly what I did and My opponent couldn't really do anything so, I won. Another good card that People mentioned before me is Espeon EX being able to devolve Vikavolts, either KOing them or forcing your opponent to Evolve it up again with another rare candy.

Something that I thought I should mention is you really want to force your opponent to discard the energy on a Bulu to take a KO before you KO there Vikavolt because it leaves your opponent with pretty much nothing and then you can easily take the W.

Teacherpod

Aspiring Trainer
Something that I thought I should mention is you really want to force your opponent to discard the energy on a Bulu to take a KO before you KO there Vikavolt because it leaves your opponent with pretty much nothing and then you can easily take the W.

Which makes Jet Punching onto vika very good because it basically ''feeds'' buzzwole to your opponent's Nature Judgement (w\ discard) before having to DCE + Guzma for the KO on vika with an empty Bulu.

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Try and outspeed them before they can get a Vikavolt up. Red Card T1 is good to limit their setup.