• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Cotton Switchout (Whimsicott / Wailord EX)

Elleh-oot

Aspiring Trainer
This deck is just a little idea for after the release of 'Ancient Origins'.

Pokemon:
  • 4 Cottonee (AOR)
  • 4 Whimsicott (AOR)
  • 3 Wailord EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 4 Level Ball
  • 3 Dive Ball
  • 2 Lucky Helmet
  • 4 Switch
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 Weakness Policy
  • 2 Pokemon Fan Club
  • 2 Escape Rope
  • 2 Trainer's Mail
  • 2 Shauna
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 4 Evosoda
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 1 Teammates
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Fairy Garden
Energy:
  • 8 Fairy Energy
  • 2 Wonder Energy
Strategy:

Until now there has been so little use for Wailord EX it's almost ridiculous. With this deck I take that huge Damage absorbing capability and hurl it straight back at the opponent. Within the first turn, ideally, the active pokemon will be Wailord EX - to absorb the first few turns' damage while the bench is setup with Whimsicott (Since it's only 1 energy for the desired 'Wind Mischief' attack it's surprisingly easy to charge up.) and Metagross, to enable free switching out between Whimsicott and Wailord EX, to make up for the rotating out of float stones from standard format. Whimsicott, whenever in active position, should use 'Wind Mischief' to both heal up the tank that is Wailord EX and deal up to 240 damage to the defending pokemon. Since this is enough to OHKO everything in the game except Wailord EX itself (and the fact it's literally moving damage counters, no resistance or weaknesses, nor item card effects applied), I find this move astonishingly powerful if the setup is right.

Feel free to leave any improvements in the Reply section, it's only a WIP at the moment!

Whimsicott – Fairy – HP70
Stage 1 – Evolves from Cottonee

[Y] Wind Mischief: Choose 1 of your Benched Pokemon. Move all damage counters on that Pokemon to your opponent’s Active Pokemon.

[C][C] Tumbling Tackle: 30 damage.

Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: Darkness (-20)
Retreat: 1

Cottonee – Fairy – HP40
Basic Pokemon

[Y] Cotton Cushion: 10 damage. Your opponent’s Active Pokemon is now Asleep.

Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: Darkness (-20)
Retreat: 1

Lucky Helmet – Trainer
Item

Pokemon Tool: Attach a Pokemon Tool to 1 of your Pokemon that doesn’t already have a Pokemon Tool attached to it.

When the Pokemon this card is attached to is your Active Pokemon and is damaged by an opponent’s attack, draw two cards.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I don't see why you need three Professor's Letters. Maybe trade them for more supporters? I don't know yet but this is an awesome deck and I love this idea!

Looking back on it, I'm not really sure why they're all there. Some ultra balls would probably be more useful by far - after a few test runs I found it took a couple of turns to get a Wailord EX or two onto the playing field.

Ive tried that kind of deck before (Cofaggrigus/Reuniclus/Wailord-ex) and tbh every match that i have done at least lasted 30 min (maybe because of trump), but this kind of decks makes your opponent to dont not attack, and ussually this kinds of decks runs out faster.
Even tho is good 4 fun matches :)

Trade two proffessers letter for two wally
It will Help with setting up tremendously

Why not replace the Metagross line with Fairy Garden? It most likely will take too much time to set up, and then you can also replace rare candy with something more useful. (Team Mates / Switch / VS Seeker / Lysandre)

Another suggestion: Replace Lucky helmet with Slurpuff from Phantom Forces, because with fairy garden you will also have two extra cards each turn. But now you can attach another tool card like weakness policy or maybe heavy Boots (if that card will be in XY-on) onto Wailord EX

Personally I would replace Escape Rope with Switch, to prevent a counter attack on your whimsicott.

I hope this helps, I can see potential in this deck, although I have no idea how to counter M-Charizard EX or M-Rayquaza EX...

Rock Guard and Rough Seas would allow Wailord to hit back while tanking and tank even more.

I don't understand the fairy energies though. Am I missing something with them?

Rock Guard and Rough Seas would allow Wailord to hit back while tanking and tank even more.

I don't understand the fairy energies though. Am I missing something with them?

Yes, Rock Guard or Rocky Helmet would be great, but so far everything is ready for XY-only. Also I don't see why you would want to heal Wailord EX? That would kinda conflict with the strategy of this deck :oops:

The Fairy Energies are there for Whimsicott's first attack. That's the only reason I think, a few less wouldn't harm probably

Sorry, I've been away for a few days and forgot to update the card list :p. I'll add in the fairy gardens now. :)

Yes, Rock Guard or Rocky Helmet would be great, but so far everything is ready for XY-only. Also I don't see why you would want to heal Wailord EX? That would kinda conflict with the strategy of this deck :oops:

The Fairy Energies are there for Whimsicott's first attack. That's the only reason I think, a few less wouldn't harm probably

Ah, I was looking at the wrong Whimsicott, was looking at the BCR one with fluffy tag. Makes more sense now. Very interesting deck idea.

Back