Ruling Correct Ruling or PTCGO glitch?

optimal_max

Aspiring Trainer
Cards included:

Zoroark Break and Raichu GX
raichu-gx-sm90
zoroark-break

Zoroark Break attacks using Foul play (Choose one of your opponent's active pokemon's attacks and use it as this attack) and copies Thunder attack (160 + this pokemon does 30 damage to itself) while Devoured Field stadium is in play (Attacks of Dragon and Darkness pokemon do 10 additional damage to the defending pokemon.)

Does Zoroark do 40 damage to himself instead of 30 due to Devoured Field?

Yes, if that was the correct text of Devoured Field.

Devoured Field actually has the text:

The attacks of Darkness Pokémon and Dragon Pokémon (both yours and your opponent's) do 10 more damage to the opponent's Active Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

Edit:
So Zoroark should only take 30 damage, as it cannot count as the opponent's Active Pokemon

Last edited:
That's what I thought. For some reason I was getting 40 damage back on my Zoroark Break when I copied that attack and the only reason I could figure would have been because of Devoured Field. I thought maybe someone else might have an idea.

PTCGO is always full of glitches so I wouldn't be surprised if that were the reason behind it. It's always useful to save the game log in such cases and post it on their forums so they can fix the bug in an update. If it matters to you, that is.

Back