Pokemon 'CoroCoro' Reveals New Pokemon for Next Year's Film

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Excluding its head it's glowing in two places. One is on its hand, the other where humans have their...

EDIT: On the other hand too, so three places.

Last edited:

Purrloin

"New Pokemon" is probably the best combination of words our ears could ever hear; our eyes could ever read.

I just really hope it's not another thing like B2W2 where legendaries combine together or whatever. I think Zygarde with Xerneas's antlers would be kinda stupi-- ... actually, that would be downright amazing!

SeiferA

Aspiring Trainer
It could always be a gen 7 Pokemon tease too. We're slowly approaching the time where we normally get a new gen game anyway (I'd bet on 2017)

Last edited:

NintendoAlian

Frontier Brain
If anyone watches Tyranitar Tube's Alpha Sapphire, in his latest episode, there was a weird object coming out of the sea and it kind of looks like this.

Aside from that, the Pokemon is coming out of the stones of Geosenge Town so this is probably a combination of Yveltal and Xerneas or even a giant form of AZ's Floette.

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
Pokemon is really going big with these new releases for Hoopa and... Whatever this is. Probably not a new Pokemon, but a form of something. The hands almost remind me of Zekrom, with the overlaying claws.
Looks like a Megazord from Power Rangers. (Actually, Hoopa does too, but oh well.)

Also, the three glowing spots. I know WPM said two, but I think the light behind the words, given that there is a similar spot on his other hand and that seems to be where his other hand would be, means he has a third spot there. Could be representing something? Zygarde, Xerneas, and Yveltal? They all glow, don't they? Can't remember if the bird does.

But I'm going to be the big speculator and hope that this is somehow related to the original dragon. I mentioned the hand resemblance to Zekrom already, and maybe the glowing spots represent the three stones connected to Kyurem, Reshiram, and Zekrom?
One can dream.

NintendoAlian

Frontier Brain
If anyone watches Tyranitar Tube's Alpha Sapphire, in his latest episode, there was a weird object coming out of the sea and it kind of looks like this.

Aside from that, the Pokemon is coming out of the stones of Geosenge Town so this is probably a combination of Yveltal and Xerneas or even a giant form of AZ's Floette.
Actually it's more likely a giant for of Floette than Yvelneas

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
This looks a little bit like Darkrai imo. But then again, any Pokemon shadow-monster looks like him. So original... tsk tsk

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The head also vaguely looks like the Strange Souvenir, though the ridges on the sprite's head aren't as separated as in the silhouette.

zeub4.jpg

Pangoro#1999

Fear the bear
Why does nobody mention that his claws look like those of groudon. I really can't make out what this is. It could still be a form. Late July announcement, May release. Please gamefreak. Shiny hunting in x/y/or/as get's boring.

The shilouet has:
Claws
Wings
Glowing eyes

Zygare hasn't:
Claws
Wings
Glowings eyes

scuba steveE

Absolute
I would say this is way too different from Zygarde to be a mega evolution of a new forme, but than there's Hoopa Unbound. *shrugs*

It's also giving me Regi vibes, but that would be sort of random...

I don't know, I'm honestly leaning towards a brand new Pokemon more.

Pangoro#1999

Fear the bear
I would say this is way too different from Zygarde to be a mega evolution of a new forme, but than there's Hoopa Unbound. *shrugs*

It's also giving me Regi vibes, but that would be sort of random...

I don't know, I'm honestly leaning towards a brand new Pokemon more.
It really looks like many of those angelic fakemon legendaries.

Buyo

Aspiring Trainer
A few days ago, a friend of mine brought up the idea that the current Zygarde could be a cocoon of some sort. And with the reveal of this silhouette I'm like 99% certain this is the case!

It has the same torso shape as Zygarde, has three glowing eyes/dots on its head (Zygarde has two and a vertical line in the center. Closed third eye?). It also has the same number of prongs on its head that Zygarde has on its back, and the same number of glowing spots on its body. And the big shapes on its arms are hexagonal, which is Zygarde's design motif. Not to mention, associating this colossal silhouette with Zygard's Pokedex entries makes for a pretty awesome mental image.

Anyway I'm really excited because this seems to suggest a third Z version coming that'll be at least as different from the main pair as Platinum was. Whether it's like Platinum, or a sequel like BW2 remains to be seen but I'm glad Zygarde is getting some more attention.

EDIT: Also, if Zygarde is some kind of larval/cocoon form of this, that lines up with Zygarde only having a 600 BST in the games. If this is its main/grown form, it might have base stats closer to 680

Axelsaurus

Honnouji Accademy League Champ
Looks like a cross between a Mecha and a Kaju. I can see a new "awakened" form of Zygarde here, but it really reminds me of Deoxys (like a "final form" of it). I wouldn't really understand an anthropomorphic forme for a serpentine dragon, but this one looks really likely (although it would be REALLY different from the original, that's strange). As others already've being saying, it also reminds of the strange souvenir, but that would imply a totally different Pokémon than Zygarde ( " far from Kalos "). I totally exclude Volcanion, as it would be too random... maybe the "original dragon" from Unova? Doesn't look likely to me: it doesn't look like a mix between Zekrom and Reshiram, and it would be more likely near a 5th gen remake. A fusion pokémon? Mh... not entirely unlikely, but I'm not really excited about pokémon fusions, it would be pretty banal. What if... Arceus?? As absurd as it looks, it does appear in the movie if I recall correctly.
Overall, even if it's more likely to be a new forme of an existing legendary, I'm hoping for a totally new Pokémon, maybe based on the strange souvenir's concept. For a new Zygarde forme I would like more a dragonish look that enhances its basic characteristics rather than an anthropomorphic and totally different one.

Last edited:

AuraKshatriya

Aspiring Trainer
Edit 2015-08_011 v2.jpg It's worth noting that what appears to be four large spikes separated into sets of two (on its head) are actually many smaller spikes that look very similar in shape to those of Zygarde. As poor as my highlighting effort in paint is, you can actually see the small spikes side-by-side if you zoom in on the part of the image where lightning illuminates the silhouette. They seem to be behind a vaguely diamond-shaped head, so they could also be protruding from the back of its neck, where the skull meets the protruding neck element. It also seems to lack a clear division below its waist (which would indicate the presence of legs), so it could either have a serpentine or root-like lower half, the former linking it to Zygarde, or the latter possibly implying Xerneas' involvement in the transformation

Last edited: